VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Maybe her critics should ask why these kids' communities failed them to the point that a "racist" titleholder was necessary to do a humanitarian event with them. Where are the same critics at this event?

Author:
lolling
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:07:00 07/13/17 Thu
In reply to: HIM 's message, "Miss South Africa Sparks Fury After Wearing Gloves With HIV-Positive Orphans" on 19:35:27 07/12/17 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: "These kids communities". That comment shows that you know nothing about South Africa.

Author:
ignorance is bliss
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:48 07/13/17 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Please entertain me with an explanation. Of course, it's easy to say "you're ignorant" and leave it at that. Again, what happened to the community that's so outraged about gloves? I'd love to hear what they are doing for these kids, or perhaps I am just ignorant to that too?

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:28 07/13/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Okay. You are ascribing phrases to this situation as if this is the United States and it's not. South Africa doesn't have "their communities" in the way that phrase might make sense in the United States. Other countries just aren't set up with the same divisions. Maybe if you'd said their families but they are orphans. They are not a part of a community. They are poor children with a disease. That's their community. This very short woman is incredibly ignorant for wearing gloves. If she were this concerned she never should have used diseased, poor orphans as the backdrop to her photo shoot.

Author:
insensitive beyond compare
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:40 07/15/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Wrong. Their community is Black/African Twitter. They felt compelled enough to cry racism. So my question is what have they done for these kids? Hope it isn't limited to crying racism on social media, but it probably is.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:27:04 07/17/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I have heard of Black Twitter but what is Black/African Twitter? Black Twitter consists of Black Americans who are not a part of a community of HIV children in another country. It would be more racist for you to assume that all the black peoples of the world are part of some big community. That's just the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Author:
not all black people know each other simpleton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:03:18 07/22/17 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.