VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Petitioning MUO

Author:
Jessica
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:20:15 07/15/17 Sat

Please take a second and sign this petition and leave a comment on it! I am trying to get MUO and IMG to finally listen to us and make some Changes https://www.change.org/p/miss-universe-organization-turn-the-miss-universe-organization-back-to-how-it-was-during-the-trump-era

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: signed.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:10:40 07/16/17 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Nope sorry.  The only time USA crowned "the most beautiful girl" was Olivia Culpo.  And people bitched about that because it seemed to be all she had - a gorgeous face. When will you understand that beauty is subjective? This petition is stupid and the very definition of first world problems. Take the energy of your sour grapes and put it toward something meaningful because you sound like the epitome of vapid complaining that women with substance are winning.

Author:
sore losers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:50 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: To be honest they should be crowning "the most beautiful girl" . This is a beauty pageant after all. Take a look at 2016 when they left girls like Daniella Rodriguez out of the Top 15. What about this year. Nevada, Utah, Massachusetts, Texas etc were all left out because their "stories and job titles " weren't good enough for IMG. If IMG owned the Pageant in 2012 Olivia C probably wouldn't have been crowned Miss USA!

Author:
Jessica
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:32:27 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: I signed the petition, because I prefer a top 5, etc. There are many good reasons to sign the petition.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:46:38 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: Like William said, I included several things we want changed. Not just crowning the most beautiful but also the format of the telecast. I know most people hate the idea of going from a Top 5 to a Top 3 as well as the girls coming out in 3s instead of individually

Author:
Jessica
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:22 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Please share petition on Twitter or Facebook. AS of 11:23 AM (EST) 34 had signed, let's hit 100 by the end of the day!

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:23:37 07/16/17 Sun

[> Subject: You lost me at Trump. Sorry, but during his ownership EVERYONE bitched and moaned because of his "cattle call" and the fact that he was trying to turn it into a reality show. Sorry, but IMG/MUO aren't going to respond to something like this - and they shouldn't. Reading this petition is laughable - mainly because the last two winners of Miss USA, while having compelling careers are also beautiful. Period. Maybe they don't fit your standard of beauty, but they certainly fit mine (and in both cases they were in my personal Top 5 prior to the pageant - regardless of their occupation). Also, the last two Miss Universe winners are also beautiful - and were in many lists as potential winners prior to the pageant, so your claim that beautiful women are no longer winning rings false. The only winner they've crowned thus far that has been a dud is the reigning Teen - otherwise their track record is good. If this focused solely on the changes in format I'd sign it.

Author:
Sheesh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:37 07/16/17 Sun

Done.

[> [> Subject: I agree. And people complain that a top 15 is to much. Now they have top 20 still complaining.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:09:28 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: * Now they have top 10.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:01 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: the NEW MUO also has input in who makes the semi-finalist. Same thing, just without Mr. Trump.

Author:
Val
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:04:51 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: Yes to everything about your post!!! I could have maybe gotten on board with this petition had it stuck to the objective like disappointment with the format. I think there should be a top 20 personally. However I cannot get on board with the dig at the very subjective attractiveness of the winners. I LOVE all IMG winners except this year's teen and I find them beautiful in different ways.

Author:
so no you lost me at 'most beautiful girl'
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:46:28 07/16/17 Sun

[> Subject: No way! And go back to fake beauty and attitude again? This was the worst message any young girl could get. People were fed up with the same plastic show year after year, it was about time MUO listened to thousands of people around the world complaining about this. Thanks to MUO for listening, you're on the right track.

Author:
Thanks but no thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:55:25 07/16/17 Sun

[> Subject: Ok. I am listening to everyone's opinion. I took out the part about crowning the most beautiful girl and making it strictly about the format of the telecast, announcing dates/locations in advance and about giving more exposure to the winners. Hope this changes your mind about signing.

Author:
Jessica
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:04:56 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: you shouldn't have taken that part out, but perhaps reworded it. Also I think that the timing of this petition needs to be after all the states have crowned. A lot of people won't sign because their daughters might be competing or even they may be competing and they don't want to be black listed.

Author:
IHP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:06 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Names of people who sign it are not visible. The only way a name would be visible were if they left a comment

Author:
Jessica
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:55:40 07/16/17 Sun

[> Subject: The ones not signing petition and also complained that the sponsor lost them on Trump obviously is one of the snowflakes. The pageant should be about beauty, poise, confidence and walk. I want Top 20 or 15 then top 10 then 5 then winner. a ..

Author:
Js
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:20:20 07/16/17 Sun

The ones not signing petition and also complained that the sponsor lost them on Trump obviously is one of the snowflakes. The pageant should be about beauty, poise, confidence and walk. I want Top 20 or 15 then top 10 then 5 then winner.

[> [> Subject: Well you lost me at snowflakes. Nope not signing!!!

Author:
Lee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:25 07/16/17 Sun

[> Subject: Lest we forget, how unfair this year's Miss USA swimsuit segment was, the ladies competing were hardly seen. So please sign the petition.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:21:07 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: nope. I sign the petition to get rid of some of these shady directors.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:46 07/16/17 Sun

[> Subject: I would like to support this initiative and I just might but the petition would had been 1000 times more effective if if had mentioned the drop in ratings of both Miss USA 2017 and Miss Universe 2016. A drop rounding into almost 2 million viewers. Compare this to the 2012 Miss Universe edition when the most beautiful contestant won and the MUO had such high ratings. And yes, that winner could had not been no other than my favorite Miss Universe all of time, the beautiful, The Millennial Audrey Hepburn; Miss Olivia Culpo. Okay, scratch that last crazy Olie fan part but the DROP in ratings should had been definitively mentioned. Can it be reedited to include the ratings part?

Author:
LaRealitéD’HierCeLaRealitéD’Aujourd’Hui
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:04 07/17/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Yes i can edit it to include that!

Author:
Jessica
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:53:30 07/18/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Good. When it comes to ratings the MUO listens.

Author:
LaRealitéD’HierCeLaRealitéD’Aujourd’Hui
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:27:11 07/20/17 Thu

[> Subject: This is a pageant that seems to like the controversy for the free publicity it provides. I sympathize with the idea behind the petition - but probably the most damning element is that only 50 people have signed it. That doesn't mean everyone supports IMG, that means "nobody cares." When IMG wakes up to that fact - you have a good chance of winning.

Author:
Good luck!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:05:13 07/19/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Sorry but 50 people signing this petition is only going to hurt its message. Unless you're in the thousands Paula is just going to get a good laugh out of this.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:57 07/20/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: From looking at sales, Paula is going to have her choice of empty seats to sit and laugh. They don't seem to be selling many in Phoenix for either the prelims or finals.

Author:
If Miss USA were that popular, Deshauna would have more than 17 subscribers on Youtube. 99.9999% of America doesn't care.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:05:41 07/20/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Ask her if she cares. No one signing this petition is signing her paycheck. Plus she knows you'll still tune in and follow. Pageant folks are addicted and they'll come back for more even if they hate it and don't admit it.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:45:10 07/20/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: True ^^^^^^

Author:
sadly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:06:08 07/22/17 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.