VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Did anyone else see that Sports Illustrated Swimsuit is conducting a model search and there are 4 pageant girls that have made the Top 15?! Olivia Jordan, Haley Kalil (Miss Minnesota USA 2014), Allie Ayers (competed in Miss Oklahoma 2015 - MAO), Iyonna Fairbanks (competed in Miss Ohio USA 2016). Wonderful to see these pageant girls represented! Wishing all four contestants the best of luck!

Author:
http://www.instyle.com/fashion/clothing/si-swimsuit-and-apparel-line-will-be-debuting-miami-swim-week
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:45:08 07/17/17 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Oh dear... Olivia J is still trying to compete in things?! I thought according to her bio she's already a model and actress?! And weren't she fixing to be in that nude video too?! I mean... Best of luck to her. But isn't it time to grow up, get married, and realize being world famous, besides Miss USA, isn't for ya!!!!!

Author:
Lol!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:27:40 07/17/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Jealous much? Girl please!

Author:
You go Olivia J!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:43:21 07/17/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Come on! Don't hate her cause you ain't her!

Author:
Go OJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:57:52 07/18/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: First off, not hating. Second, I'm glad you're concerned whether if I am jealous, but I'm not. Ha. (The goofy, supermodel wannabe needs to grow up and stop acting 13 y/o). Y'all take care now!

Author:
;)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:17:57 07/18/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: I like Olivia but this is a reach. I don't know how much work unestablished 30 year old models can get. I think she should consider following a path similar to Rachel doing red carpets and hosting gossip shows.

Author:
imo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:48 07/18/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: You're definitely right that 30 is historically considered "old" for female models, but I think the landscape is changing. Diversity - whether that's age, body type/size, ethnicity, orientation - is the new norm, and something that SI has embraced. For example, the 2017 Sports Illustrated Swim Rookie of the Year is 33. It seems like Olivia has begun to shift more to a career in hosting with her new local weekly show in LA, but I'm rooting for her for this modeling competition for sure.

Author:
Best of luck to Olivia, Haley, Allie & Iyonna!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:41:36 07/18/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: 30 years ago Tina Turner was on stage with those long beautiful brown legs, gorgeous face and big bright smile at the age of 47, Sharon Stone, Christy Brinkley, Halley Berry, and Cameron Diaz can grace the cover of sports illustrated at the ages they are today. All these women are over 40! Heck a woman in my office is 52, she looks great, Olivia age has nothing to do with her getting the job. You go girl.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:47:05 07/19/17 Wed

30 years ago Tina Turner was on stage with those long beautiful brown legs, gorgeous face and big bright smile at the age of 47, Sharon Stone, Christy Brinkley, Halley Berry, and Cameron Diaz can grace the cover of sports illustrated at the ages they are today. All these women are over 40! Heck a woman in my office is 52, she looks great, Olivia age has nothing to do with her getting the job. You go girl.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: But none of those women are "gracing the cover of SI" today. No it's that big blonde girl with the incredible face and no waist. Can't remember her name but she was 19. Your post entirely misses the point. No one is saying you can't be old AND beautiful. Obviously. What I am saying is modeling is a youth-driven industry. Plus all those people you name became something in their early 20s not at 30.

Author:
it's as if you lack reasoning skills
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:22 07/21/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Olivia is 28 years old

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:01:11 07/21/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: 28 years old is basically 30.

Author:
so what?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:03 07/22/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: So you're telling me that she doesn't mean anything if she's not married. Good job. I hope you don't have daughters. I would have to imagine that even if she has representation, landing the SI swimsuit issue is extremely competitive. We don't know the hoops the publisher is requiring applicants to jump through.

Author:
LOL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:37:16 07/18/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Olivia isa working woman who has to go on auditions (compete) like everyone else in the industry. Competition is going to a job interview and you are one of the top three the hiring manager is considering. Same exact thing, different areas. Good for Olivia and the other contenders. Continue to persevere and grow Olivia.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:26:11 07/19/17 Wed

[> Subject: Since when does chasing a dream mean you're not grown?

Author:
Sounds like sour graoes to me and perhaps wish you had done something different with your own life
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:55:03 07/18/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: I'm very happy, thanks for asking. Just because she is immature doesn't mean I meant she's a bad person. She just needs to "wake up, smell the coffee, move on, stop being nude."

Author:
Good day
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:01:07 07/18/17 Tue

[> Subject: Not sure why Olivia Jordan is receiving so much unwarranted hate regarding possibly being a SI swimsuit model. As someone who has always been a fan of the SI Swimsuit edition, I've always regarded both Olivia Jordan and Cassandra Kuntze as the two MUO contestants who would be obvious great picks for this honor.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:05:20 07/18/17 Tue

[> Subject: I think Olivia Jordan is a great choice. She has the looks and the body. I saw the 35 girls they picked and she is one of the best ones of the bunch. Good luck!

Author:
Ian Sebastin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:47:08 07/18/17 Tue

[> Subject: I've always thought that Olivia would be perfect for it - she's got the body for sure, but she also has an approachable beauty that I think would translate well for SI (and in some ways Victoria's Secret). Regardless, I hope she does well and achieves all of her dreams.

Author:
Sheesh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:24:42 07/18/17 Tue

Go Olivia!!

[> Subject: Good for them for making it so far!

Author:
washington mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:23 07/18/17 Tue

[> Subject: Allie Ayers is gorgeous! I wish she would've won Miss OK Teen USA.

Author:
Dman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:18:38 07/19/17 Wed

[> Subject: Dessie M also used to compete, I saw her years ago. Never excelled in pageants (very petite) but she's an absolute bombshell! Excited to see her in the mix. They don't seem to have a single look they're focusing on.

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:06:34 07/20/17 Thu

[> Subject: http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/07/22/miss-usa-olivia-jordan-sports-illustrated-miami-allie-ayers-photos/

Author:
Love this!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:32:49 07/22/17 Sat

[> Subject: Good luck Olivia Jordan!!!!!!

Author:
a fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:04:11 07/22/17 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.