VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: OK, now you're starting a mini war here. Miss Puerto Rico clearly was more beautiful than Greece. Greece did not nearly have the facial beauty of Puerto Rico. Not even close.

Author:
cs
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:13:54 07/21/17 Fri
In reply to: curious 's message, "The Pageant That Seemed Fixed The most" on 17:07:16 07/21/17 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: I disagree. 2001 Universe seems the most fixed pageant of them all.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:54 07/21/17 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: B.S. Puerto Rico looked like a Hollywood goddess. Greece had an overbite, and USA was just school teacher average.

Author:
shame on you HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:57:31 07/22/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: I think there's a difference between a fixed pageant and a pageant where everything comes together for one contestant who coasts to victory. To me, 2001 was the latter. Sure, Denise had the home crowd on her side, and I'm sure MUO was happy with her victory in PR, but I see it more as a tide of support around a strong contestant rather than something that was officially predetermined.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:40:07 07/22/17 Sat

I think there's a difference between a fixed pageant and a pageant where everything comes together for one contestant who coasts to victory. To me, 2001 was the latter. Sure, Denise had the home crowd on her side, and I'm sure MUO was happy with her victory in PR, but I see it more as a tide of support around a strong contestant rather than something that was officially predetermined.

[> [> [> [> Subject: The thing is that Denise Q. never made it to Hollywood despite favorable environment, both for her ethnicity and the look itself. I am not saying that to bash her, simply a reflection on your comment. Denise was on that night, no doubt about it. But as Naomi Cambell said, they were going to put ANOTHER PIN ON THAT GLOBE for Puerto Rico, for being such an amazing host, according to Naomi. I strongly disagree wuth that MU 2001 was an all time low in so many ways, at least ithat year included a lot of gorgeous girls. I would have prefered both Evas or Evelina as winner. Eva E. would have been such a CULT Miss Universe.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:43:20 07/26/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Denise Quinones looked like Jennifer Lopez's younger sister and 2001 was when J. Lo was at the height of her popularity.

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:50 07/26/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: It was a PR celebration and I think the elimination of the multiple Q&A rounds benefitted Denise a lot. Her solo SS spot was also highly suspect and completely/purposely organized by MUO.

Author:
But Denise was the best overall package that year IMO. Venezuela, India and Spain were strong too.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:09:32 08/08/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Well, Denise was ON that night for sure, but the best overasll package? And she was looking so PASTY, thankfully that trend among PR winners changed over the years and nowadays girls with mixed heritage (or some black or maybe even Taino) in them)are finally crowned.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:55:03 08/09/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: i agree pr was a snooze

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:00:40 08/21/17 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.