VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I don't think it will surpass it. A change at MW helm in London is needed for MW to regain ground, including national pageants. Sarfit was a great choice though, as she seems real & genuine. I think we are IN for many crossovers over the years IF Safrit can manage to hang on to this franchise for some time. The problem is that Julia M. is extremely difficult to deal with and is unpleasant, we won't even mention a HUGE EGO! MW was so much better in the 1980s and 1990s under Eric. I hope it will not happen, but Safrit could be easily replaced after a year or two.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:47:47 08/03/17 Thu
In reply to: EZgoing 's message, "Looks like to me this is shaping up to be a really good production all together under Elizabeth Safrit. Congrats to her! With all of the confusion of direction with IMG do you think Miss World America will become more popular and say even surpass USA some day?" on 10:18:33 08/03/17 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Elizabeth is fantastic, and will most definitely bring this system to its potential in the USA. There are some very solid contestants competing. I'd say Maureen is my favorite to win at this point.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:14 08/03/17 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: She would be a great choice!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:25:05 08/04/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Of course it won't surpass Miss USA but I think the Morleys love the Safrits and they will not get rid of them. You should go back and see how they were all over Mother Safrit in London. Mother Safrit is another Liliana. Miss World is not like what it used to be in the 90s because Julia believes it is a waste to spend money on production companies. I hope you are saying she is unpleasant due to your many associations with her. Do not parrot what other people say.

Author:
Clubeso
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:08:00 08/04/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: The Safrits are a very well respected family in North Carolina and Elizabeth has many connections in London from her fiancÚ who is English and from a high society English family, so it's easy to see why the Morleys relate to them. They want high society and class, which Wilmer was NOT. The only good move Miss World has made in the US in years is firing Wilmer and handing the license to the Safrits. If Safrit can clean up the mess that Wilmer left behind, which I think they're doing well so far, this can easily compete with Miss USA and definitely Miss America- who wants to watch a pageant that doesn't go on to an international pageant? What's the point of that? I'm excited to see what they do with it this year.

Author:
WorldPageantFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:19 08/04/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Are the Safrits inviting Julia Morley and Stephanie Del Valle to attend this year's pageant? Its the first. It would make sense.

Author:
Lla
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:56:37 08/06/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I do not know if they were invited but no they will not be in attendance. The Morleys are in Puerto Rico working on Stephanie's BWAP project and they are confirmed to be in Argentina this week. Moreover Stephanie has had enough trips to the US. She has travelled to six cities four states so far.

Author:
Clubeso
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:38 08/06/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Julia, steve, Stephanie and a few others from MWO will be atendance for the majority of the week actually. I heard from someone working on staff next week.

Author:
Interesting that they're bringing so many people from mwo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:18 08/06/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: They are bringing so many people from MWO because Julia knows how to massage egos and well most of them are stationed in Puerto Rico since last week for the royal gala. You know they are producing the event themselves. Steve was spotted in a restaurant in Puerot Rico. From what I know they are staying in the western hemisphere for most of the month organising the royal gala. They want it be HUGE.

Author:
SinDuda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:49:44 08/08/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: The Safrits were so worshiped that year, because Julia thought she struck a deal with Miss United States... if Miss United States chose to focus on World instead of thousands of unnecessary categories, they would still have the franchise. Then again, Julia is so unpredictable... I understand them not taking a risk.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:16:26 08/05/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Uh United States never had the franchise though. It was always Wilmer. That's why all the drama after Victoria won because they found out he was using funding from U.S. to put on World America and then pocketing all of that money. They never touched the franchise.

Author:
All a big mess
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:31:49 08/05/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: /They did, in 2014. Isabella Ilacqua, to be specific. In 2015 Ilacqua hired Wilmer to organize it, but was still the nat'l director. In 2016, after tones of drama Wilmer officially became director.... and in 2017, Sarfit took over.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:36:20 08/05/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: No, that's the common misconception. I can verify the license was always in Wilmer's name.

Author:
Former MUSO employee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:09:56 08/06/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I pray this doesnt turn into yet another thread bashing Wilmer to death. Lets keep the focus on Safrit, and the potential they have to enhance the system.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:10 08/08/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.