VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: mariam didn't place first in any of the 5 competitive segments at miss universe that year (ss, interview, eg, top 5 q&a, and top 3 q&a). people praise her as a standout solely for the reason that she milked tripping in the prelim gown segment. other than that she wasn't miles ahead of anyone that year albeit better than other filipinas sent to miss universe at the time.

Author:
janelle bautista
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:40:23 08/11/17 Fri
In reply to: justsayin (sorry for the grammatical errors, my brain is toasted at this hour) 's message, "I think Filipina-Americans would rather choose to compete in Miss Philippines as they have higher chances of winning there. I remember the winner when Miriam Quaimbao competed. I don't think she would even win a state pageant in the US but she got the MU Philippines title in Manila. Fortunately, Miriam got sent to Trinidad instead of her. Some say the dethroned winner would have coasted through the Q&A portion, which admittedly, was Miriam's waterloo. However, before she can even set foot to the Q&A, she needs to do well in the presentation show, which I believe she will not be able to do as excellently as Miriam did." on 18:53:53 08/10/17 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: 2nd in prelims, 2nd in Finals Swimsuit, 2nd in Finals Gown, obviously top 3 in judges questions, 1st runner up, and a Style Award...pretty darn good to me for Miriam.

Author:
Anon-ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:47:38 08/11/17 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.