VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: The WORST Evening Gowns Worn By FINALISTS At Miss Universe

Author:
In the Last 20 Years (1997-Present)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:52:41 09/05/17 Tue

My Picks:

India 1997 (Nafisa Jospeh RIP) - Bad color choice and too covered up...she looked like fog
Ghana 1999 (Akuba Cudjoe) - Too short and the shawl looked like it was purchased off a roll from a craft store
Russia 2001 (Oksana Kalandyrets) - Recycled devil worshipping frock initially worn by Miss Russia at Miss Universe 1997
USA 2003 (Susie Castillo) - Cotton candy acid trip
Serbia & Montanegro (Sanja Papic) - Tattered upholstery
Switzerland 2009 (Whitney Toyloy) - Homemade cheese whiz and it showed
Philippines 2010 Venus Raj) - Dollar store tin foil
Costa Rica 2011 (Johanna Solano) - Ketchup can-can mudslide
Philippines 2013 (Ariella Arida) - Wrinkled bargain bin prom dress
Venezuela 2014 (Migbelis Castellanos) - Too short and revealed a built-in girdle in some photos (lol)
Japan 2015 (Ariana Miyamoto) - Simply hideous all around

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: 97 - T&T (shawl was too huge, looked like it has a life of its own); 99 - Ghana (short), Botswana (too prom); 01 - france; 03 - serbia (she can barely walk and the colour was dull); 07 / 10 - Brazil 07, Philippines 10 (looked like tin foil); 10 - Ireland (was expecting more considering her frontrunner status); 11 - CR (she couldve gone better with a more gorgeous dress); 12 - Venezuela (looked like a Christmas tree with garlands), USA (very Mrs. Claus), Philippines (looked like craft paper), Russia/Mexico (why show the underpants?); 13 - Philippines (design was fine but fabric looked cheap), USA (too matronly); 14 - all of them looked fine. However I think my overall impression is being pulled up by great gowns worn by Spain and of course, Ukraine!!!; 15 - DR (why oh why Clarissa?), Japan (looked like golden tin foil); 16 - Canada (didnt flatter her), Colombia (i may be one of the few who didnt really get her gown's design)

Author:
Whew... sorry that was reaaaaaalllllllyyyyy long
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:20:27 09/05/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: i liked india in 1997. do not remember the others

Author:
anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:29:41 09/06/17 Wed

[> Subject: Have to throw in Miss USA 2004 WASHINGTON !!!!

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:16:14 09/06/17 Wed

[> Subject: The last time USA won EG was 1983 although Nia Sanchez might have won it that night in 2014, but there were no scores.

Author:
John O.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:35 09/07/17 Thu

[> Subject:

Author:
Miss Japan 2005, one of the worst ever!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:24:35 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: In 2005 this was tragic but I remember Ines saying she was ahead of her time in this outfit. To be fair, with the way fashion has evolved in 2017 I actually find this appealing.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:42:58 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: It's a matter of taste of course but I can't find this appealing at all, it looks like a golden trash-bag with socks to me.

Author:
Not suitable for MU
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:45:07 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: https://thegreatpageantcommunity.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/slovenia-2001.jpg

Author:
Perhaps you didnt see this?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:36 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I don't think Japan 2005 was a finalist. In any case, the gown, if you can even call it that, is really unappealing. Don't know what Ines was thinking.

Author:
justsayin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:54:42 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I understand why everyone disliked this so much. But, honestly, I SO LOVED what she was doing with the Japan titleholders at this time. I mean, there were some bizarre gowns and costumes and I really APPRECIATE that she went out on a limb and did something crazy, as so few directors would chance. I applaude it.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:28:10 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Miss Japan 2005 was channeling the Harajuku Girl look that Gwen Stefani popularized in the mid-2000s.

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:53:16 09/18/17 Mon

[> Subject: I agree with your inclusion of Akuba, Sanja, Migbelis, Ariana and Siera. I would also add Kristiina Heinmets (97), Evelyn Mikomagi (00), Faye Alibocus (03), Mariana Vicente (10), Karina Gonzalez and Elizaveta Golovanova (12).

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:46 09/07/17 Thu

[> Subject: I'm sure I will have eggs thrown at me, but I really hated Oxana's famous Gucci gown at Miss Universe 2002. When she first came out in that I thought, "Well, that ruins her chances." LOL Shows how much I know. But to this day, I really don't see the appeal of that plain, shapeless gown.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:26:25 09/07/17 Thu

I'm sure I will have eggs thrown at me, but I really hated Oxana's famous Gucci gown at Miss Universe 2002. When she first came out in that I thought, "Well, that ruins her chances." LOL Shows how much I know. But to this day, I really don't see the appeal of that plain, shapeless gown.

[> [> Subject: Oh I forgot Migeblis. She looked so good during her Miss Venezuela coronation, but I don't really know what happened to her in MU. Maybe it was pageant / crown fatigue. She was crowned in October '13 but competed in January '15. That was almost a year and a half of training, dieting and all sorts of things that beauty pageant queens do.

Author:
justsayin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:19 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: She gained weight. Hopefully she lost some of it before January 2015 finale. She was ON and genuinely seems to have enjoyed her MU participation. I think top 10 was fine, as she exuded personality and sold well that bootylicious vibe.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:58:17 09/08/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: OMG - that was a gorg dress and her styling was soooo on point

Author:
Catherine Cates - NYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:32:06 09/09/17 Sat

[> Subject:

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:04:37 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Had Milka Chulina competed for any other country, she would not have made the Top 10 in this over the top gown. Milka was way overscored compared to Brazil and Germany, who wore similar styled gowns, which I actually preferred more.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:33:45 09/08/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: i actually thought milka's gown suited the host country and stage backdrop quite well.

Author:
this gown reminds me of mexico.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:43:53 09/08/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: I do not mind Milka's gown either. The first Miss Universe that I saw in full was in 1995. Though from clips Milka, Minorka and Carolina look great with their styling reflecting early 90s.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:52:23 09/08/17 Fri

[> Subject: Would anyone be upset if I mentioned Teresa Sanchez in 1985?

Author:
John O.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:27:45 09/08/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: I agree with you. I call that dress "the blue cockroach". That evening gown made her lose the crown since Teresa had won the interview and the swimming suit competition by huge margins that night. Another dress that was -in my opinion, extremely poor and inadequate for a finalist, let alone for a winner, was Norway's Mona Grudt in 1990.

Author:
WLADIMIR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:56:55 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: 3rd ru Universe 1988-Japan? Big ugly red dress

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:37:26 09/09/17 Sat

[> Subject: In 1999 I thought Miss Botswana's dress is good. Now when I look at it i wonder why she made it past the gown competition. Miss South Africa 2010, The ugly jumpsuit by Miss Colombia I forgot what year, I also really hate Colombia's gown in 2007. Theres quite a lot tbh. Hahaha

Author:
Rob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:46:36 09/09/17 Sat

[> Subject: in 2006, Miss Paraguay and Miss Colombia 2008

Author:
i hate shower curtain gowns.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:20 09/09/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: it's hard to believe colombia 2008 had a score that almost toppled carolina gomez's record high score in evening gown from mu 1994

Author:
don't know what the judges were thinking
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:07 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: i hate when some contestants got overscored by the panels, its like their never seen houte couture gowns lol

Author:
overhyped and overscored, no fashion taste.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:46:33 09/14/17 Thu

[> Subject: Michigan 2015 was bad. I think she disqualified herself after that

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:05 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Okay obviously she did disqualify herself, meant that I felt the judges might have had her pegged early as a top fiver until then

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:51:20 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Her white gown was horrid, I agree. I was a 2015 girl as well and I remember LOVING her lime-ish green gown. It was perfection on her. I remember when it was time to get ready for EG on finals night, I point blank told her backstage as we were getting dressed that her green gown was a winning gown and was surprised she didn't pick it. She gave me an evil eye roll, because that's Rashontae for you. She thinks everyone is against her. I honestly think she would've been at least 2nd RU in her green gown. Sorry I was trying to help!

Author:
2015 girl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:08:02 09/18/17 Mon

Her white gown was horrid, I agree. I was a 2015 girl as well and I remember LOVING her lime-ish green gown. It was perfection on her. I remember when it was time to get ready for EG on finals night, I point blank told her backstage as we were getting dressed that her green gown was a winning gown and was surprised she didn't pick it. She gave me an evil eye roll, because that's Rashontae for you. She thinks everyone is against her. I honestly think she would've been at least 2nd RU in her green gown. Sorry I was trying to help!

[> Subject: Mariana Jiménez, Miss Venezuela 2016 - that dress was horrible. I think she could have advanced a bit more as she had a killer body even though her face was not attractive. Overal she should have passed up to top 5 based on average as her catwalk was also Excellent

Author:
Leon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:17:28 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: I agree! I went to the dress rehearsal and the pageant telecast. When I saw Mariana's dress, I could not believe how ill-fitting it was, especially the sleeves. It was so disappointing. I expected so much more.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:30:34 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: It would be very difficult to find an uglier gown than the one worn by Miss Japan in the photo above. That was a monstrosity. The red socks was a nice touch.......LOL

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:45:33 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: She was not top 15..

Author:
Leah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:16:03 09/14/17 Thu

[> Subject: Venus Raj's gown was a travesty.

Author:
Tin Foil indeed.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:21 09/17/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.