VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: MISS UNIVERSE 1978. I love Margaret Gardiner but do honestly believe the first ever black Miss Universe crowning a white Miss South Africa (in the first year that a multi-national pageant was held in SA to combat racism) was pure coincidence?

Author:
Mi$$ Univer$e
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01:00:21 09/06/17 Wed
In reply to: curious 's message, "The Pageant That Seemed Fixed The most" on 17:07:16 07/21/17 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Any Miss Universe edition where the winner is a Miss USA is obviously fixed.

Author:
Ines Leghorn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:39:48 09/06/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: any edition where the winner is phillipines is obviously fixed.

Author:
the first one crowned in the late 60's is the least attractive miss universe in the history of the pageant...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:04:53 09/06/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: I agree with Miss Leghorn. I don't see any beauty at all in any Miss Universe winner from USA. Just look at Sylvia Hitchcock, Chelsea Smith, Brooke Lee & Shawn Weatherly. They cant hold a candle if they stand beside any Miss Philippines.

Author:
Coco Chanel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:01:28 09/06/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Oh please. Gloria Diaz could be Sylvia Hitchcock's maid.

Author:
LOL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:39:11 09/06/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Gloria Diaz over Miss Finland? NEVER!!!!

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:45:49 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Miss Finland was certainly beautiful (and so were Misses Israel and Australia) but Gloria Diaz just slayed everyone in the final question. All the four other girls (including Japan) just stammered, while Gloria just showed confidence that won over the judges.

Author:
review the tapes again
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:16:44 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I don't know how to put this because I don't want to be disrespectful to a Lady who despite being so ugly and insignificant had the guts to pose for a year as the "supposed" to be most beautiful girl in the planet. It must have been difficult and One can be sure there were laughs and negative comments about her the whole year. I admire her for that. She was just an accident but proved that anyone can dream and if one is determined even miracles can happen.. I will always admire Margarita and Lucy Diaz even when beauty has nothing to see with it

Author:
Gina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:45:28 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Who is Lucy Diaz?

Author:
Ummmm... Errr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:20:32 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I guess they forgot it was a beauty contest when Gloria Diaz was crowned. One by one the beauties fell to the wayside, and the midget filipino was left standing.

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:50:37 09/07/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: And that speaks volumes, pageant pearl. That's why they have one common question before because beauty is subjective. What is physically beautiful to you may not be beautiful to others. Beauty through time will fade but confidence and intelligence will never stop being beautiful.

Author:
Miss Philippines 1969
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:08:20 09/14/17 Thu

Gloria Aspillera Diaz

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: this is what folks say when they defend those who are ugly.

Author:
gloria diaz looked like golum when she won.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:21:17 09/14/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: And this is what you will keep on saying because you are the ugliest person alive in and out. LOL!

Author:
Miss Philippines 1969
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:57:41 09/14/17 Thu

Bad attitude

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: you are right. i am the ugliest person alive in and out. but somehow i still won miss universe 1969 looking like a fiji mermaid with my shrunken monkey's head. no wonder the filipino organizers were okay with having me placed next to the washrooms away from any television camera during last year's miss universe pageant in manila. thanks for agreeing with the original poster. :(

Author:
gloria diaz miss universe 1969 lol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:14:22 09/15/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: You really have such a bad attitude eminent of someone without breeding.

Author:
Miss Philippines 1969
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:25:08 09/15/17 Fri

Gloria Diaz

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: i have breeding. inbreeding is rampant in my family. lol

Author:
gloria diaz miss universe 1969
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:19:52 09/17/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Your perception of beauty is certainly pathetic, bigoted and ignorant. Gloria Diaz was judged and won, and however you rant here in this board, she will always be Miss Universe.

Author:
pathetic persons like you should stop poisining this board with hatred and racial prejudice - go away!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:52:43 09/15/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: if you need me i will be next to the washrooms where the filipino organizers of miss universe 2016 placed me because i am so revered by my countrymen. lol

Author:
gloria diaz miss universe 1969
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:08 09/15/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Gloria Diaz is the ugliest Miss Universe ever she didn't deserve the crown and there is rumors that she won because the announcer read the results backwards. This was said by Osmel Sousa in multiple interviews. Here the interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Hs8uy7O0g

Author:
sincere
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:45:16 09/16/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Gloria Diaz was a good Miss Universe. You would give her a smallbowlof rice for dinner. She would take it to the corner of the room and eat away. She was happy.

Author:
Bozette
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:27:58 09/17/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Based on the Most Beautiful Miss Universe Winners survey of Global Beauties a few years ago, the least attractive Miss Universe winners were Sylvia Hitchcok and Marisol Malaret...

Author:
the survey was done about 7 years ago?!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:49:55 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: You must be lying.. global Beauties would never made the mistake of naming Marisol Malaret in that group.. she is a very classy lady with an incredible aura around her

Author:
Leonard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:58:50 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: The Global Beauties first survey was done in 2001, and won by Angela Visser. Another survey was done in 2011, and topped by Oxana Fedorova followed by Jen Hawkins. In the second survey, Angela Visser came in 4th.

Author:
Global Beauties is coming up with another survey this year...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:26:54 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: The last poll I saw had Miriam Stevenson at the bottom with Brook Lee and Chelsi Smith just above.

Author:
Shawn Weatherly was the highest-ranked from the USA at #20.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:24:20 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: True

Author:
Globalbeauties
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:48 09/14/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.