VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I know this is a Miss USA board but is anyone planning on watching Miss America tonight? The caliber of contestants seem to be better than recent years and I think there are even a couple of crossovers in this class. Regardless I like to watch Shandi and Susie talk about it afterwards.

Author:
fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:11:59 09/10/17 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Yes, the Miss America pageant is an institution.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:17:15 09/10/17 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: The only thing that makes Miss America better than Miss USA is the consistency they have in business operations. You know when and where the pageant will be every year. I like that. In regards to the contestants, sorry, but they are acting the entire time they are there. I know several former contestants and they have all told me that as well. Pageant paddy, over the top excitement... Its just silly to me. I appreciate their dedication to platform (those who sincerely have one), but lets face it, most are forced for pageant related purposes. And dont even get me started on their talents. Havent seen one I liked in over a decade. Miss USA is a better pageant, but they need to work on the business side of things.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:32:07 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: Iceman, now I know you do not think the USA girls are any better. The only difference at USA in recent years is that being fake is no longer rewarded. But I can count numerous girls that are just putting on a show leading up to the prelims then after they loose, fall off the face of the earth.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:05 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: I'm mainly pointing out the difference in personality between the two systems. I prefer the vibe of the USA contestants wayyyyyyyyy more than the America girls, who I find so over the top.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:29:26 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: But one could bet their life that if an America girl came to you for advice you would be on her like white on rice.

Author:
LOL...still that joke.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:11 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Sure I would. Who wouldnt?

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:30:36 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Having worked with both America and USA contestants, Miss America contestants are brighter and more involved in community. If I had a daughter I would want her to enter the Miss America program, and not Miss USA.

Author:
Derrick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:11 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: I liked the talent of Betty Cantrell from two years ago. I find it interesting that you see Miss America girls as unbearably patty when so many of them cross over and do fine. Meredith Gould and Desiree Williams are two that come to mind. Do you feel that way about them too?

Author:
just curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:27 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Why do you guys even react to Iceman's idiocy?? Of course he is going to slam Miss America, he wants a state directorship in the Miss Universe system. DUH

Author:
Reality Check
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:40:35 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Thats a good point. But when these girls cross over i dont find them "over the top." But not all of the MAO contestants act this way. But the ones who do are good enough for the entire bunch. Minnesota was a perfect example last night.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:10 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: I am in Orlando and we are on 24 hour coverage of Irma. How can watch alternatively?

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:58 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: On line castvto the TV or on the ABC app on Apple TV

Author:
Just a thought
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:57 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: watch.ustvnow.com Sign up for free account and watch ABC

Author:
Twiggenberries
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:05:17 09/10/17 Sun

[> Subject: Miss America is a better pageant. Almost 100 years young.

Author:
jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:41 09/10/17 Sun

[> Subject: There are some aspects I don't like (I do feel like they rush it at times.) That said, it is much more enjoyable than the USA Pageant. 2 hours of excitement vs 3 hours of crushing boredom. Talent provides a great break and some variety.

Author:
I'll be watching live, which I often don't do with USA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:43:55 09/10/17 Sun

[> Subject: They look great. Miss Georgia is stunning.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:04:03 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: Her swimsuit was incredible. Do you think she would be a good crossover?

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:37:42 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, Hawaii, Florida to name a few please cross over to USA.

Author:
Anon-ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:08:30 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Good call on HAWAII! I loved her. Lots of USA potential.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:11:33 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: Just watch intros, 90% of these girls can't hold a candle to Miss USA state winners beauty.

Author:
Sorry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:11:59 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: The winner couldn't win a prelim in a competitive USA state

Author:
Sorry!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:47:57 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: Miss Delaware looks good. The crowd at Convention center is huge and noisy.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:12:29 09/10/17 Sun

[> Subject: Miss USA is more diverse than Miss America. I noticed Miss USA has more women of color competing than Miss America.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:20:33 09/10/17 Sun

[> Subject: frankly speaking, Miss America contestants are like Miss USA contstants mommies

Author:
how could they let older looking mommies compete
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:59:56 09/10/17 Sun

[> Subject: Miss Pennsylvania was robbed.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:40:48 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: I agree I'm stunned Pennsylvania didn't make the questions rounds.

Author:
Anon-ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:04:14 09/10/17 Sun

[> Subject: I think North Dakota was a good choice. Plus, I'm all in favor of North Dakota getting stuff for a change. As far as I know, this is the first winner from North Dakota in a major pageant.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:03:08 09/10/17 Sun

I think North Dakota was a good choice. Plus, I'm all in favor of North Dakota getting stuff for a change. As far as I know, this is the first winner from North Dakota in a major pageant.

[> [> Subject: Yes, first national winner. Audra Mari was very close to TEEN USA and USA and she was Miss World America, that's a national title.

Author:
Anon-ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:07:09 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: So excited and love that Miss America crowns states like North Dakota, Wisconsin and Nebraska.....

Author:
Lover Missouri also.....now if Alaska could win a title!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:23:41 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: IKR? However, I was pleasantly surprised when ALASKA was called into the Top 15! I bet she had an A+ interview. Regardless, awesome for her!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:38:42 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: Louisiana was my winner until the questions. I knew it was over when it took so long for her to answer the question. I like Cara, and thrilled to see ND finally win a televised pageant. Interesting how both Miss USA and Miss America are named Kara (Cara) only with different spellings. Alabama and Ohio were stunning. I hope they both go for Miss USA state pageants.

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:33:29 09/10/17 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun September 10, 2017 23:37:14   Edited 2 times.

[> Subject: I had ALABAMA winning swimsuit, talent, gown, and placing 2nd in the onstage question. Her exclusion from Top 5 is mind boggling. Both she and Georgia should be planning their transitions to Miss USA.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:55:33 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: I think North Dakota won talent

Author:
30 percent of score
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:20:00 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: Watching Miss America love the opening and time focused on each SF being announced.

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:26:50 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: Miss America SS competition. They look like they are acting the part where Miss USA competitors are the part! Miss USA look like they completely believe they should be walking on the VS runway. Miss America look like teens auditioning for pink! You have to believe in yourself from the inside out. Beauty comes from the heart. It is the innerward beauty that gets you the crown. Miss America looks like it is only about the surface when competing on stage. Acting the part instead of really being the part.

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:38:41 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: PA was just plain ugly--sorry but maybe if she had EYES

Author:
I woud think differently.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:33 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Thats a stupid comment. I thought Pennsylvania was deserving of her placement.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:36 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: There's nothing stupid about it at all. When she first won her state I said--what is that? Plus she was in Friday night SS and the worst in the whole group--second worst in the whole pageant. Talent was high school band level and gown was so cliche. But people think they're cool and say really stupid things like--"She had a spark"-whatever the hell that means.

Author:
ok
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:33:59 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Well thats a totally different argument than your original comment saying she was ugly and talking about her eyes, which is unfortunate. This more recent comment is valid, as it is your opinion on her competition value. So which is it? Two totally different conversations here.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:08:15 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Both are vaild dear--she IS ugly and could you detect any eyes (especially with those hideous false eyelashes poorly attached)?

Author:
I've been attending/watching on TV MIss America since the 60s--PA is the least attractive girl to ever get that far.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:44 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: If you think your first point about Miss Pennsylvania being "ugly" with no eyes is a valid point, then your opinion is kind of worthless. Moving on...

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:50:59 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Move on all you like--it doesn't make Miss PA any less of a dog.

Author:
ok
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:15:41 09/13/17 Wed

[> Subject: Was surprised that Georgia was eliminated after evening gown as I thought her presentation was the best among the Top 12. Then surprised again that Pennsylvania was eliminated after talent as I thought her talent was probably the best of the evening, definitely better than some of the dancers, including Virginia and Missouri. Overall, I was pleased with the program. Once again, MAO made it all about the delegates and was able to keep it within 2 hours.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:47 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: Did anyone notice no Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands? When did they stop sending girls?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:20 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Yes--state pageant were canceled--lack of $ and contestants.

Author:
who cares anyway
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:35:39 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: It was silly for them to compete at miss America. Us Virgin islands doesn't make the cut at Universe idk how they thought it would be any better at America. Puerto Rico had one heavy hitter back some years ago in think she was a universe reject but did not make the cut.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:06 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Yes, her name was Mimi Pabon and after she was crowned Miss Puerto Rico you would have thought the competition was over based on her hype. She was a preliminary swimsuit winner on the first night but unfortunately her candle burnt out by the end of the week and she didn't even make the Top 1. She actually inspired the "Mimi" which is the Miss America equivalent of the "Ruthie."

Author:
No Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:44:17 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Cor: "Top 10"

Author:
No Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:45:45 09/13/17 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.