VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: The only thing that makes Miss America better than Miss USA is the consistency they have in business operations. You know when and where the pageant will be every year. I like that. In regards to the contestants, sorry, but they are acting the entire time they are there. I know several former contestants and they have all told me that as well. Pageant paddy, over the top excitement... Its just silly to me. I appreciate their dedication to platform (those who sincerely have one), but lets face it, most are forced for pageant related purposes. And dont even get me started on their talents. Havent seen one I liked in over a decade. Miss USA is a better pageant, but they need to work on the business side of things.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:32:07 09/10/17 Sun
In reply to: fan 's message, "I know this is a Miss USA board but is anyone planning on watching Miss America tonight? The caliber of contestants seem to be better than recent years and I think there are even a couple of crossovers in this class. Regardless I like to watch Shandi and Susie talk about it afterwards." on 18:11:59 09/10/17 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Iceman, now I know you do not think the USA girls are any better. The only difference at USA in recent years is that being fake is no longer rewarded. But I can count numerous girls that are just putting on a show leading up to the prelims then after they loose, fall off the face of the earth.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:05 09/10/17 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: I'm mainly pointing out the difference in personality between the two systems. I prefer the vibe of the USA contestants wayyyyyyyyy more than the America girls, who I find so over the top.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:29:26 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: But one could bet their life that if an America girl came to you for advice you would be on her like white on rice.

Author:
LOL...still that joke.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:11 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Sure I would. Who wouldnt?

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:30:36 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Having worked with both America and USA contestants, Miss America contestants are brighter and more involved in community. If I had a daughter I would want her to enter the Miss America program, and not Miss USA.

Author:
Derrick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:11 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: I liked the talent of Betty Cantrell from two years ago. I find it interesting that you see Miss America girls as unbearably patty when so many of them cross over and do fine. Meredith Gould and Desiree Williams are two that come to mind. Do you feel that way about them too?

Author:
just curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:27 09/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Why do you guys even react to Iceman's idiocy?? Of course he is going to slam Miss America, he wants a state directorship in the Miss Universe system. DUH

Author:
Reality Check
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:40:35 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Thats a good point. But when these girls cross over i dont find them "over the top." But not all of the MAO contestants act this way. But the ones who do are good enough for the entire bunch. Minnesota was a perfect example last night.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:10 09/11/17 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.