VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Sorry folks, but Miss America is miles ahead of Miss USA in quality of pageant.

Author:
xoxoc
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02:13:12 09/11/17 Mon

The Miss America Pageant was the quickest 2 hour pageant telecast. I was never bored. The contestants were beautiful. Gowns were lovely, and every girl answered her question with intelligence.

COMPLAINT......Do you honestly think if Obama were still President they would gear all of the questions to elecit a negative response as they did tonight?

The Talent- All good. Loved them all.

The winner- Excellent choice. Also loved Missouri, and Alabama.

Hosts- A+

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Actually, as a show it is very entertaining, but they do live up to the hype that they are all about empowerment. The delegates' looks were average at best, also the bodies, not what you would see at Miss USA, but for Miss America it's ok. Most of these women were very homely, except for Texas (Culpo vibes) and NJ who I found gorgeous. But hey, that is what Miss America has always been about.

Author:
Miss USA was about prettier girls but IMG just wants to have another Miss America, God knows why.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:13:52 09/11/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Questions were ridiculously biased. Had it been one I might have said okay but this was just lazy. It was like watching CNN or some other joke.

Author:
Bad selection
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:21:06 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: This is because pageants are now focusing on the SJW demographic with the desperate hope that this demographic will help increase ratings but we all know this won't happen.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:43:07 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: If Obama were still President they would have asked questions about whatever political issues were happening at the time - or whatever "news" was happening at the time. Unfortunately Trump is like Lord Voldemort where the more people say his name the better he feels - so there is daily/weekly/monthly "scandals" to keep it going, so then you get questions like they asked tonight. Not surprising.

Author:
djm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:45:24 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Agree

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:40:21 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Agreed. Questions would NORMALLY be about socially and politically divisive issues. This past year, Trump's behavior has BEEN the news and divisive. It's just a factual thing. His actual behavior has been what's newsworthy.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:30:07 09/12/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: And I see it more as the news itself has become the story in their over the top reaction to every little thing and their all out war on this President and anyone associated with him. No questions about the serious decline of the media over the past year but they are just as involved in the fray.

Author:
What I see
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:27:31 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: I think the real problem more generally is these hot-button political questions. I think they have no place at a pageant (although I realize the producers do it to create possible YouTube moments). I don't care what a titleholder thinks about the president or other controversial issues. We are not electing her to congress and there's no good purpose served by asking these kinds of questions.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:32 09/13/17 Wed

I think the real problem more generally is these hot-button political questions. I think they have no place at a pageant (although I realize the producers do it to create possible YouTube moments). I don't care what a titleholder thinks about the president or other controversial issues. We are not electing her to congress and there's no good purpose served by asking these kinds of questions.

[> Subject: We are fortunate to have Donald Trump as President. What doid Obama do? Oh yes. He increased the national deficit, more homeless, more on food stamps, more racial tension.....but he was sort of cute in a howdy doody sort of way. OH PLEASE!

Author:
A
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:13:15 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: Miss Maryland and Miss Georgia are beyond gorgeous, and swimsuit was not rushed and they came out by themselves instead of in groups of 3.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:39:23 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: muo's group of 3 is perhaps the dumbest production decision they've made in a long time.

Author:
and it reaffirms the notion that the winner is predetermined.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:15:31 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: That's a good point. How can judges see 3 contestants at once for 15 seconds, plus I hate the musical acts at Miss USA/Universe. I want to see the girls!

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:03:57 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: i agree 100% about the musical acts, williamnyc! and did you notice that one delegate from each gown group of 3 was eliminated (usa from first group, mexico from second group and canada from third group)?

Author:
coincidence? i think not.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:10:52 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: The telecast was SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE THAN MISS USA/UNIVERSE!

Author:
Yes, the contestants aren't models but this is a scholarship program.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:00 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: America may be better in some things , but the America girls walk so weird and their bodies are no where near to being as good as the USA girls !

Author:
Also USA girls are way prettier !
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:35:31 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: I want to ask the OP if he/she actually thought Miss VA had "good" talent. I've seen 5 year olds that can dance better.

Author:
please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:37:57 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Considering the FACT that Miss America, Miss USA, and Miss Universe never appear in a swimsuit after they are crowned, why the hell would it matter how great their bodies are?

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:03:52 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: I watched Miss America and was shocked by ND Al and PA making it that far

Author:
Pa looked liked her eyes were closed the lashes were too big and ND had way too much mascara that looked like spiders on her eyes. Kibo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:50:23 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Oops meant AK not AL as I loved her

Author:
Kibo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:47 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: They showcase the contestants waaay better than Miss USA. Their elimination rounds were also interesting.

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:20 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: I dont like the way they do that at all Seriously it seems tortuous to me.

Author:
But not a MAO fan so, theres that from the jump
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:55 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: I thought it was a good show! My one complaint is with the female co-host who talked to fast and was unclear. I also did not care for her loom s

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:40:51 09/12/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Correction: I also did not care for her look, including some of the gowns.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:56 09/12/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: My thoughts were exactly the opposite. She was fresh, charming,and a prefect Miss America.Loved this pageant.

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:34 09/12/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: On what planet was Sage Steele Miss America? Certainly not on earth.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:30:33 09/13/17 Wed

[> Subject: The pageant was horrible. Cringe city! The hosts were terrible, not as bad as recent Miss USA and Miss Universe hosts though. Too much fake walking, and the ones who weren't fake just couldn't walk. With the exception of 3 or 4, none of these women were impressive in swimsuit. Pennsylvania was fat, had no eyes. North Dakota looked like a pig. Missouri was too 1990s patty. The talents were horrible. I can see better talents in a high school talent show. The question answers were decent. What is MAO looking for? It obviously wasn't fitness, gown, talent, or interview. If that was the case Alabama would have won. Grade D+

Author:
Stages & Lights
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:00 09/12/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: PA gets in witha bout a 2 SS--an ugly gown--and 2 slits for eyes--plus hideous makeup.

Author:
two excellent talent winner didn't even make the top 15---the whole thing is a joke. Oh. how i long for the good old pageant days.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:29:00 09/13/17 Wed

[> Subject: thanks Miss A has really stepped up the women are preetier , the show more interesting, not contrived

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:47:19 09/13/17 Wed

[> Subject: i agree, Miss America is the best in show production.

Author:
thumbs up, hope MUO will learn how make pageant more entertaining
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:55:11 09/14/17 Thu

[> Subject: Georgia should've won. SHE would've put Miss America back on the map. ND is a head-scratcher, no doubt, to say the least!

Author:
A year to forget. Did the panelists have an agenda?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:20 09/14/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I think North Dakota will be a great Miss America. She is lovely.

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:52 09/14/17 Thu

[> Subject: This year seemed more as though it were a telethon than a beauty pageant.

Author:
Jerry Lewis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:58 09/16/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: That's a good thing because telethons are very culturally American.

Author:
For the land of the free...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:26:47 09/17/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: The winner was mediocre in everything. So was the runner up. I liked Miss Georgia.

Author:
and Texas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:10 09/20/17 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.