VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss Missouri America was SO robbed!!!!!

Author:
really pissed
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:33:00 09/11/17 Mon

In what Universe did North Dakota make a better presentation, wear a better gown, or give better interviews than Missouri??

Were those judges on crack, or was it just a split vote?? Because Missouri had it in the bag.

She would have made a great Miss America.

Instead, they are going yet another year with a short, stumpy, frumpy girl.

This is so FRUSTRATING!!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Please--that Bollywood crap

Author:
stunk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:34:56 09/11/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: MO's talent was lame. She looked great in her gown. She should go to USA.

Author:
Lee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:48:14 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: One of the judges was the Miss America who introduced Bollywood dance to that stage, Nina Davuluri.

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:48:05 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: I would have picked Missouri out of that top 2 as well. But lets be real, ALABAMA was the most robbed contestant of the decade.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:18:39 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: I thought that DC might win, and we'd have a Miss America and Miss USA both from DC.

Author:
would that be a first?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:29:58 09/11/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Minnesota had a Miss USA and a Miss America crowned in the same year. Not only were they from the same state, but they were both from the same CITY!!

Author:
Marsal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:51:08 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: Actually I didn't think MISSOURI was robbed, I thought ALABAMA was robbed.

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:15 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: I thought so too but it was hard to judge because they all equally answered very well so it was really about vibrancy in the end, which ND had the edge.

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:54:38 09/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: No.... It was Georgia who was robbed.....

Author:
MissU4ever
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:25:38 09/12/17 Tue

[> Subject: This pageant had super bizarre judging. North Dakota is brilliant and likely had the highest interview score of the pageant, but a 2-panel judging process means you can't win without scoring high in on-stage competitions, and she is an embarrassing winner in terms of SS/EG/Talent. LA, SC, AL and TX were clearly the most consistent on-stage, and only one made the Top 5.

Author:
whoo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:39 09/12/17 Tue

[> Subject: I was happy MO did not win. I was very disappointed with her swimsuit (sucking her stomach in and still not looking fit with those ribs protruding out), and I simply could not appreciate the Bollywood dancing (especially when a former winner, WHO IS INDEED INDIAN, so recently did it and was judging). Her gown was boring as well. I really thought Georgia was robbed. But, more than anything, I was thrilled when PA got cut.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:38:39 09/12/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Both Missouri and North Dakota were on no ones radar to get anywhere in Miss America. Goes to show, polls and opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one.

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:27:13 09/12/17 Tue

[> Subject: Alabama was ROBBED! Georgia and South Carolina should have been in the top 5. I had ND 14th in swimsuit, last in gown, and 9th in talent. I have no idea how she even made the top 7. Alabama and Georgia were clearly the best 2 in every category. It is obvious the MAO is trying to get away from the south winning every year, so they adding in WTF contestants to make the results more spread out in the US. Worst MAO Pageant ever based on the top 5.

Author:
Jini
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:56:50 09/12/17 Tue

[> Subject: Missouri was irritating. She kept shoving her diverse background every time her mouth opened. She would win usa with that. Louisiana won ss and talent in preliminary but was not strong on finals, she should also do usa. Nj was a stunning. Dc should do usa but needs to loose about 10 lbs. Nd was a welcome surprise, I don't think she was miss America worthy but this system never crowns who you think. There is not a chance in hell a bat won over Jennifer dupont back.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:12:58 09/12/17 Tue

[> Subject: Florida was robbed, click in.

Author:
Truth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:45:17 09/12/17 Tue

Florida was robbed. How does a young lady not make top 15, have one of the best talents (played a very hard piano song by Chopin), win her swimsuit prelim, her interview was probably great (She's a very well spokeN woman,I used to compete alongsidewhile her during our days together in Maryland) all while her state is being battered by a huge hurricane?

[> [> Subject: Her interview was probably not great to begin with. Maryland is the biggest shit hole of a state to compete in as far as MAO.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:02:58 09/12/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Did you notice when MO did her talent (Bollywood) the camera went to Nina---when DC did her talent the camera went to Jordon Sparks?? Why does the camera have to go to anybody?

Author:
I hate Miss America
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:58 09/13/17 Wed

[> Subject: If a modelesque beauty and a dowdy woman both have amazing talents, great interview skills, and are wonderful role models, MAO will always select the dowdy one as the winner.

Author:
It's part of the MAO brand.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:12 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: MO was far from beautiful--she had a big freakin chin.

Author:
get real folks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:26:27 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: but she was prettier than nd.

Author:
mao deliberately crowns women who aren't the most attractive in their class each year.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:10:28 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: In what world is Missouri a modelesque beauty? She looked like a dowdy 50 year old. Was so tired of her "diversity" crap. She wasn't beautiful at all.

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:36 09/15/17 Fri

[> Subject: the bollywood dance was not in her culture and she ripped it off from NIna

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:58:18 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Using your thinking, Kay Lani Rae rafko shouldn't have done Tahitian/hawaiian. Rediculous. Dance is dance. You don't have to complete a nationality background check to perform it.

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:52 09/13/17 Wed

[> Subject: Nobody was robbed. There was no exceptional standout from the rest. Nobody wins everything. All you can do it be in the running. She was in the running.

Author:
Have a nice day....
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:53 09/13/17 Wed

[> Subject: I think it's interesting that some people are not happy with the outcome of Miss America, but I'm not hearing people say it was rigged or fixed, as always happens with Miss USA and Miss Universe. It shows how Miss America is perceived as having more integrity in their scoring and judging. You may disagree with the results at Miss America, but it seems like most people at least believe the panel of judges really chose the winner.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:47 09/13/17 Wed

I think it's interesting that some people are not happy with the outcome of Miss America, but I'm not hearing people say it was rigged or fixed, as always happens with Miss USA and Miss Universe. It shows how Miss America is perceived as having more integrity in their scoring and judging. You may disagree with the results at Miss America, but it seems like most people at least believe the panel of judges really chose the winner.

[> Subject: Missouri was unattractive. So happy she and her affirmative action agenda didn't win!

Author:
Bobby
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:33:20 09/15/17 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.