VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Agreed. Questions would NORMALLY be about socially and politically divisive issues. This past year, Trump's behavior has BEEN the news and divisive. It's just a factual thing. His actual behavior has been what's newsworthy.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01:30:07 09/12/17 Tue
In reply to: djm 's message, "If Obama were still President they would have asked questions about whatever political issues were happening at the time - or whatever "news" was happening at the time. Unfortunately Trump is like Lord Voldemort where the more people say his name the better he feels - so there is daily/weekly/monthly "scandals" to keep it going, so then you get questions like they asked tonight. Not surprising." on 03:45:24 09/11/17 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: And I see it more as the news itself has become the story in their over the top reaction to every little thing and their all out war on this President and anyone associated with him. No questions about the serious decline of the media over the past year but they are just as involved in the fray.

Author:
What I see
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:27:31 09/13/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: I think the real problem more generally is these hot-button political questions. I think they have no place at a pageant (although I realize the producers do it to create possible YouTube moments). I don't care what a titleholder thinks about the president or other controversial issues. We are not electing her to congress and there's no good purpose served by asking these kinds of questions.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:32 09/13/17 Wed

I think the real problem more generally is these hot-button political questions. I think they have no place at a pageant (although I realize the producers do it to create possible YouTube moments). I don't care what a titleholder thinks about the president or other controversial issues. We are not electing her to congress and there's no good purpose served by asking these kinds of questions.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.