VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss Universe Canada 2017 review of favorites.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:43:36 09/13/17 Wed

The competition will take place on the 7th of October in Toronto. The finale will be webcast for free, I'll provide a link on that day. Currently 68 contestants from 5 provinces are listed to compete, but the final list always drops a bit at the end. We have 7 girls that previously competed in Miss Universe Canada, 2 from Miss Earth Canada, 1 from Miss World Canada, 2 from Miss Grand Intl, 1 from Miss Supranational, 1 from Miss International, 1 from Binibining Pilipinas, 1 from Mutya ng Pilipinas and numerous others from smaller pageants such as Miss Teenage Canada, Miss Teen Canada, Miss Canada, Miss Northern Ontario, Miss Calgary, Miss Okanagan, etc. This is also a preliminary to Miss International, a 1st (and if unable) a 2nd runner-up will go there.

Miss Universe Canada loves experience and 17 of my top 20 predicted finalists have pageant experience. They love girls that are easy to work with and that do not need a lot of help. Inner and outer beauty is usually not the biggest consideration in this pageant. Let's take a look at the 20 girls that I predict to make semi-finals.

Top 5 favorites:
Lauren HOWE - This Torontonian epitomizes urban chic. She was 2nd runner up in 2014. I have a hint she would have done excellent under Trump, but I am wondering if sending a WASPy blonde is a good startegy nowadays...
Kathryn KOHUT - Along with Howe, this girl is one of the top 2 main favorites to win. A 2nd runner-up in 2015, she is also Miss Grand Intl 2nd-runner-up in 2014. She failed to place at Miss International 2015. Both favs are loved by the organization.
Vanessa CHAUCHAN - The org. loves girls that come back, she is one of the girls that is the most followed on facebook out of 68 finalists. She placed in top 20 last year. She is moving up and could even take it all.
Gabriela CLESCA VALLEJO - Attention, possible spoiler that could go all the way and win! This girl is half-Congolese-half-Dominican and Spanish is her first language. Our national director is Hispanic as well. She made top 20 at Miss Supranational and won Miss Congeniality in there!
Lelly FIGUEROA - This girl won Miss Latina Belleza Canada 2016 and is 5'10". She would be perfect for Operation Smile in Nicaragua where Canadian winners go every year. Our director Denis Davila will likely adore her!
Top 10 favorites:
Justine FELIZARTA - This pageant veteran made top 15 at Binibining Filipinas 2015. Only one of the two Filipinas in the competiition, she could also get that semi-final spot by People's Choice vote.
Katherine HIGHGATE - This girl competed in 2013 and did not make it to top 20. But Denis rewards girls who come back and she has a very trendy urban look and interesting profile.
Chanelle PREDAROVICH - Chanelle is a former Miss West Indian Canada. Brainy and experienced in pageants.
Harleen MALHANS - This is the third winner of an ethnic pageant in Canada that is likely to make waves in MUC 2017. Harleen won Miss India Canada back in 2013.
Sasha LOMBARDI - This gorgeous Italian Canadian was a non-finalist last year. Denis will likely reward her with a semi-final position as she is young and could come back a few times in the future.
Top 20 favorites:
Kaylee SHALLOW - This experienced pageant contestant competed with Kathryn Kohut at Miss Grand Intl in 2014 represneting Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, she also competed at Miss Earth Canada.
Katherine JARZECKI - This is the 6th contestant with past experience at Miss Universe Canada. She has an interesting story as she is an engineer.
Mina KHATRIA - Mina compted in 2012 and 2014 and is the 7th and contestant with MUC experience. This time, not many BC contestants are favorites to make the cut, so the regional consideration could help get into that top 20.
Zorica BRUIC - The only preliminary for Miss Universe Canada is Miss Western Ontario Universe where 6 out of 13 contestants advanced to national final. Denis will reward the regional director with at least one semi-final spot. None of the 6 girls have pageant experience but Zorica is 6' feet tall and has the best resumé out of them.
Kaylee SHEPPARD - Kaylee is the only former Miss World Canada contestant and has that brainy vibe that should work well here.
Rachel SEMIRA - Rachel is a former Mutya ng Pilipinas and Miss Earth Canada contestant. She or Justine Felizarta are the favorites to get the People's choice top 20 spot. Plus, for marketing purposes putting Filipino girls in the semis is always a good thing for the org.
Chelsey PITFIELD - There is always one small town girl in top 20 and Chelsey is the most likely out of them to make a cut. She has experience in minor pageants such as Miss Teen Canada.
Natasha SMITH - Natasha was Miss Teen BC in 2014 and is in the top 3 on facebook with the most likes. She should benefit from a weaker BC contingent this year.
Diana LAI - This is THE BOMBSHELL of the year. A girl born in Ukraine of half-Asian origin. Tall at 5'10" with a great resumé. But I need to remind you that some other bombshells were ignored by Denis Davila and Beauties in Canada in the favs. Favorites Celina Toenz (2009) and Joanie Roy (2014), who were both 6 feet did not even make top 20.
Andy RAHI - Along with Lai and Bruic (if you do not consider Miss Western Ontario a few days ago), she is the only girl in my top 20 prediction without pageant experience. For regional purposes there needs to be one girl from Quebec. She is in top 3 with most likes out of all 68 and Quebec semi-finalists tend to be girls with immigrant background rather than francophone Québécoises.
Top 20 on the bubble/alternatives:
These five girls are the most likely to take one of the top 5 spots from the 20 girls I discussed.
Amanda CASAVANT, Cara CASTELLI, Jessica BAILEY, Nadia LAVOIE, Stephanie AJODHAR.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Based on beauty I want MARTA MAGDALENA STEPIEN to win. The candid group shot of her and the other 4 finalists from the MUC 2017 Western Ontario Prelims showcases her beauty really well.

Author:
Juliette Powell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:50 09/13/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Now that I checked her instagram, she is gorgeous. She has a model profile though and it often did not work in this org. Her advantage is that Davila will for sure want to thank the only regional director able to stage a pageant.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:46:27 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: That's not exactly true. Patti Falconer still runs the Miss Calgary Pageant. Miss Calgary receives automatic entry into MUC... thus is also running a regional pageant.

Author:
O Canada
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:03:41 09/15/17 Fri

[> Subject: mina khatria's headshot is plain scary. makes her look like a man in drag.

Author:
why would she submit such a photo?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:07:05 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: She is a gorgeous girl though. Check her interview from MUC 2014. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=54&v=ilYoxg-j1KE She tends to put a bit too much make-up. This year, the conjuncture seems to work in her favour, as she is 1 of 2 strongest B.C. delegates.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:52:56 09/13/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: i think "gorgeous" is an exaggeration.

Author:
she also sounds fake as hell.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:29:17 09/17/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: She's a mediocre crown chaser. She even tried to audition for Miss Diva (Universe India) in 2015 but wasn't even good enough to get short listed. This is now her third or fourth time at Miss Universe Canada.

Author:
Pinky Patel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:17:38 09/17/17 Sun

[> Subject: I'm surprised the Canadian Pageant Fans' HQ message board is still living against its will despite only a handful of posts each year with zero replies. It's the saddest Voy Forum in existence today.

Author:
They need to pull the plug already!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:30:17 09/15/17 Fri

[> Subject: Looks like there are a few diamonds in the rough. Of course, I never trust a submitted headshot (for better or for worse). Ultimately, I'm still upset with CANADA over the Sahar debacle a few years back...

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:27:01 09/15/17 Fri

[> Subject: http://www.montrealgazette.com/technology/cms/binary/5947335.jpg?size=640x420

Author:
??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:19:48 09/15/17 Fri

Now how would she be 26 - if the competing age is 18 if she competed with Nazanine Afshin Jam. So that right there - you know is a lie.

[> Subject: "Canada is a cultural mosaic." I just love saying that.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:18:58 09/15/17 Fri

[> Subject: Some of these women appear to be transgendered.

Author:
just an observation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:56 09/17/17 Sun

[> Subject: Why so many Canada posts around here. The girls clap year after year except when they get the random BIG girl like they did this year. Canada is sterile and boring and their delegates are no exception. Not to mention MUO only tolerates Dennis Davila because no one else in Canada can organize a two bit pageant for them.

Author:
Lots of wasted space for clappers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:56:21 09/20/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Agreed! Davila also owns the Miss Universe Nicaragua franchise, which explains why the charitable cause Miss Universe Canada winners spend most time on is Operation Smile in Nicaragua.

Author:
What about Canadians, Davila?!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:08:50 09/20/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Honey. Miss Universe Canada has been the most followed international pageant on usb. Yes, Miss Venezuela is also very popular on here and scores much better results than Canada, but the truth is that in Canada, pageants are simply an afterthought. I personally think Davila is doing fine, TorCanFan disagrees with me. Freud attends MUC often and gaj, living in BC is more interested in western U.S. pageants. My main criticism of Davila is that he ignores real beauties if he does not click with them and instead selects clappers, it became too much of a business in the last decade... otherwise, he is a fine nat'l director, at least in the Canadian context, where various pageant directors were questionable, sylvia starke, miss world canada directors until 2015, etc.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:11:18 09/20/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Speaking of Miss World Canada ... I guess the org changed hands. They actually selected a beautiful winner this year. In fact there were lots of beautiful contestants.

Author:
Buster
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:53:03 09/21/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Finally! The last two organizations were horrible. Until 2002 there was a woman named Sylvia Stark who ran a shady pageant and was dethroning winners as quickly as she was changing socks. For 2003 - 2015, they were hardly any better, they were mired in controversy year after year. One of these years, a girl won the semi-final spots in the prelims a day earlier and they FORGOT to call her the next day. In 2015 they chose Anastasia Lin who could not go to China because of her Falun Gong involvment.. and the organization failed to send in a replacement, yet if they had MONTHS to prepare another girl. Last year, Michelle Weswali took over, and there was no time to organize a pageant, so they send Anastasia Lin. This year's delegate is fine, but you know at 17... I do not expect her to place.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:30 09/21/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: note: michelle did not send anastasia lin for 2016. MWO had agreed to allow her to participate before awarding the franchise to Michelle.....Michelle had nothing to do with Anastasia competing in 2016 MW

Author:
Christi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:59:58 09/21/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I doubt it. Why the hell Julia would want Anastasia to compete IF China still holds Miss World every second year? And who would pay the CA franchise fee that year? Makes no sense,

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:47 09/22/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Interesting.... I know the people that ran Miss World Canada from 2003-2009 and in fact I was involved with the organization in 2003 and helped get the franchise. I don't remember any controversies during those years and in fact think the pageant was ran rather well. I can't speak for the years after that though. Also, Julia indeed told Anastasia Lin that she could compete the following year. 2015-2016 was a transition year to a new organization

Author:
gaj - Mister USB 2017
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:42 09/22/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I don't care if you doubt it, it's fact. While you speculate, I work for MWC. No one paid the franchise fee, Julia let Anastasia compete to fill the spot on stage while they transitioned to the new franchisee. Thanks for the back up Gaj :)

Author:
Christi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:45:26 09/24/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Blah, blah, blah. B.S.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:03:04 09/24/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I bet if a movie was made about Hawt getting the opportunity to tour his life and see the impact he's had on others, he'd be more like a Scrooge character and nothing like a George Bailey character. So sad for this hawt guy, because he's become nothing more than a sorry piece of shit.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:24:21 09/24/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Any time Christi - it is nice that we have people on here that can tell the truth and not make up fairy tales!

Author:
gaj - Mister USB 2017
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:04:44 09/25/17 Mon

[> Subject: Hilarious all the TRUE posts about the organization got deleted.... thats interesting. No one wants to know the truth SHAME.

Author:
Do some research - before you speak
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:35:18 09/21/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: No one wants to hear your mindless rumors.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:58 09/21/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Rumors ICEMAN? Really? You may be the most naive "mindless" person on this board. I just laugh and shake my head at you. HAHA when you have something credible to say - then come speak to me.NEXT!

Author:
Do some research - before you speak
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:32:45 09/25/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Thanks anonymous. I'll be sure to contact you when... Oh wait, no one knows who you are. Bye.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:56:31 09/26/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.