VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss Universe 1992 ... 25th reunion

Author:
Old timer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:40:08 10/04/17 Wed

I thought you might like to see this video of a recent reunion of contestants from Miss Universe 1992. The winner, Michelle McLean of Namibia, is there as well as several other semi-finalists. I especially love how they introduce themselves on the video using their intros from the pageant.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Wow. Thanks for posting this. Ir

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:48:38 10/04/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: One of my favorite Miss Universe Pageants EVER! From the opening scene where the delegates are seen arriving at the pageant in their national costumes, the exotic music, Lupita riding on the elephant, we knew we were in Thailand. To the emotional victory walk of Michelle McLean. It was a beautiful pageant with the tallest and most beautiful delegates. I remember wanting Miss India to win so that India could have it's first Miss Universe. It was nice seeing her on the video. She was a goddess! Too bad they don't do pageants like this anymore.

Author:
Also an Old Timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:49:07 10/04/17 Wed

[> Subject: This was a very memorable year. I love all the girls who competed that year. I wish Shannon was there too. These girls are phenomenal!

Author:
Old Timer Too
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:27 10/04/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Yes, one thing I love in the video is how kind and happy they all seem and how they all seem to really enjoy each other's company. That was indeed a good year.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:37 10/04/17 Wed

Yes, one thing I love in the video is how kind and happy they all seem and how they all seem to really enjoy each other's company. That was indeed a good year.

[> Subject: Olivia culpo was born on the exact date that Michelle was crowned as Miss U 1992

Author:
Cool Brew
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:32:16 10/04/17 Wed

[> Subject: Here's the Miss Universe connection bet Michelle and Olivia: https://raulgatal.blogspot.com/2015/01/what-miss-universe-1992-shares-with.html?m=1

Author:
Cool Brew
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:40:37 10/04/17 Wed

[> Subject: I wish some of them had not come to this "reunion" it's nice to have some good memories and some of them just look awful. I understand that no every one can be as lucky as I am to age gracefully. It's genetic.

Author:
Sharleen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:40:13 10/05/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Who cares? they aren't competing anymore and it is lovely to see former titleholders appreciating their experience instead of acting like they are ashamed.

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:21:06 10/13/17 Fri

[> Subject: Miss Universe 1992 remains my favorite pageant ever but its also because its my first pageant I ever watched at age 10 (religiously). So much so my mom took my tape and threw it in the garbage. I cursed her out (not literally) went to the garbage and got it out and dared her to ever touch it again (well yea) lol. These women are what in their late 40s and early 50s and look fab!

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:03:56 10/05/17 Thu

[> Subject: This is wonderful! And I love seeing and hearing from all these ladies. And I must echo that, yes, 1992 was a "grand" Miss Universe Pageant. I miss those pageants!

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:08 10/05/17 Thu

[> Subject: I remember this year so well, with my sweet homegirl Netherlands placing so high. I also wanted India to win but boy that that answer at the final round was terrible! Namibia was a classy winner and 2nd runner-up Colombia was HOT! I love this video, beautiful ladies having so much fun!!

Author:
Jantje
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:05 10/06/17 Fri

[> Subject: This is my first Miss Universe Pageant live....I was 11 years old and I remember watching the Miss Venezuela pageant the year before and being literally STUNNED by the beauty of Carolina Izsaac, whom the international press deemed as THE FAVORITE in Thailand...I , needless to say, became uber disappointed when she did not make the top 3 after leading the competition but became hooked on Miss Universe ever since! I really loved Colombia and Belgium that year, but if you watched the Prelims you will understand why , in my humble opinion, there has not been a more SUBLIME contestant that Miss Venezuela 1992 Carolina Eva Izsák Kemenyfy <3

Author:
Koroklo (The Shih Tzu lover)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:03:37 10/06/17 Fri

[> Subject: Loved this. After watching this vid I went back and viewed the MU 1992 Opening/Intros. They are spot on with there re-dos. You knew you were in Thailand when the opening drumming played and everyone entered the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center in full regalia, elephant and Lupita included. What a great year for Miss Universe.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:03 10/06/17 Fri

Last edited by author: Fri October 06, 2017 21:44:29   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject:

Author:
Carolina Izsak Today
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:05:19 10/07/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: I must admit Carolina Isak looked great back in 1992 but no so good now. The Colombian is even worse because at least the Venezuelan des not have a lot of make up so perhaps with good makeup could look better but the Colombian is already all covered in Makeup and looks ugly so no escape for her

Author:
Tanya
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:33:40 10/08/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: I never got Carolina. I thought she was stunning yes and could have easily won but she was not my favorite. She reminded me of a penguin.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:05:24 10/11/17 Wed

[> Subject:

Author:
Paola Turbay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:10:26 10/07/17 Sat

[> Subject: The 1992 MU class would be in their mid 40s to early 50s now. I think it's neat that a group of them got together.

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:17:33 10/07/17 Sat

[> Subject: I guess it is true when they say that they make friendships that last a lifetime. What an amazing video!

Author:
Thanks for sharing. They all look and are fabulous!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:05:56 10/10/17 Tue

[> Subject: What an epic fail of a reunion! Miss Philippines even snubbed it.

Author:
Paula Sugar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:44 10/16/17 Mon

[> Subject: It’s too bad that not more reunions are held. Apparently, Vivian Jansen (Netherlands) organized this reunion and I am glad to see a wide range of former contestants attend (sash and non-sash countries, finalists and nonfinalists).

Author:
All it takes is one individual to come up with the idea and spread it among her fellow class.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:19:37 10/16/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: If Vivian Jansen indeed organized it, then it is no surprise that Anke Van Dermeersch did not attend. Anke became a far-right politician and would likely be a persona non grata at such reunion.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:25:40 10/17/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Actually, she did attend the reunion. You can see pictures with her on Instagram. The text says "Even if it was just for a few hours, we were happy to meet up with Miss Belgium." Sounds like maybe she only was able to come to Spain to join them for the day.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:38:22 10/17/17 Tue

Actually, she did attend the reunion. You can see pictures with her on Instagram. The text says "Even if it was just for a few hours, we were happy to meet up with Miss Belgium." Sounds like maybe she only was able to come to Spain to join them for the day.

[> Subject: Shannon Marketic must not have been liked to not have been invited.

Author:
:-(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:49:20 10/17/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: I am sure Shannon was invited but might have been too embarrassed to attend. Since being Miss USA, Shannon has had many run-ins with the law including arrest for shoplifting, public intoxication at DFW Airport and a DUI. Let’s not forget the controversial surrounding the Sultan of Brunei. Would you want to attend with a public record and reputation like that? However, I hope she has cleaned up and gotten her life back on track.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:24:17 10/17/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.