VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss LA USA and Miss LA Teen USA contestants are up!

Author:
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04:10:53 10/06/17 Fri

http://www.misslouisianausa.com/contestantphotos-miss/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Some very nice headshots in this group. I do like Lauren Vizza last years 2nd Runner up and former LA MAO 2012.

Author:
Anon-ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:49:54 10/06/17 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: for miss lowest in 12 years

Author:
anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:01 10/06/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: I think vizza or Crowe will be the last two standing !

Author:
Either would be great on the USA stage!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:10 10/06/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Agree! But I'm sad to not see Marlee Henry or Whitney Miss back.... I think they would or could eventually win.

Author:
LA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:29:50 10/06/17 Fri

[> Subject: Just an observation... but LA USA has the same amount of contestants that LA (MAO) has... that's a bit frightening.

Author:
Truth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:32:35 10/06/17 Fri

[> Subject: Glad to see a few girls not give up. RPM is getting hit with these numbers :( I hate seeing this

Author:
South star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:17:38 10/06/17 Fri

[> Subject: STRANGE TO Helena Cefalu (NF 17 T10 16)

Author:
PACO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:22:16 10/06/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Helena Cefalu is sitting out this year. I pray she returns next year, as she is absolutely beautiful. I think she was a little bummed not making the Top 15 last year. I had her Top 5!

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:40 10/11/17 Wed

[> Subject: Wow, I had a very difficult time selecting a Top 15, especially a Top 5 for the Teens. There's not one WTF local winner.

Author:
Groove (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:43:23 10/07/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Betty Kelly is just absolutely gorgeous... wow! But almost think it could work against her because they don't seem to pick stunning any more...

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:40:53 10/10/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Who is Betty Kelly?

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:24:15 10/11/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: oops... Tennessee. Sorry! wrong state! But she is still very pretty...lol

Author:
<<
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:46:14 10/12/17 Thu

[> Subject: Out of the veterans, only 5 intrigue me. Avery Greene is a stunner, but being a Houston native, I know FOR FACT she lives nowhere near Louisiana. In fact, saw her at dinner Sunday night and she did my nieces hoco makeup. Sweet girl, but not cool to lie just because she couldn't pull it off in Texas.

Author:
Let the Louisiana girls have what they've worked for...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:27:25 10/10/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Yeaaa... I know she competed for Miss Houston in the Spring. I have no idea where she "lives." But I'm sure she submitted the proper paperwork to RPM in order to be eligible. We have had a couple of state hoppers in the past few years, all with no real success in the final outcome. Avery Greene is pretty, indeed. I wish her the best of luck. :)

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:26:47 10/11/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I'm sure she did "submit" something that looks valid. I guess my biggest concern is for the legacy of RPM at this point. With all the hoopla over the Oregon winner, I'd really hate to see RPM suffer a similar atw, especially with deteriorating numbers already.

Author:
You can't be a true spokesperson for a state you're not invested in.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:38:45 10/12/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: They already are with NC

Author:
:/
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:20:01 10/12/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: With RPM, I believe you must live in the state, or go to school there. I'm sure they received proper residency requirements to allow her to compete. Beyond that, its just more of the same constant complaining over girls being allowed to compete in other states. (which I was over 5 years ago). I follow IMG/MUO rules of eligiblity.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:39 10/13/17 Fri

[> Subject: Lindsey Conque in TEEN. She was 1st ru last year (her first pageant), and won a very competitive Miss Lafayette Teen USA in June. And in MISS, watch out for Victoria Paul (Acadiana), Josie Stephens (Lafayette), Emma Key (Heart of Acadiana), Madeline Langlinais (Crescent City), and Rachel North (Baton Rouge). And obviously one should never rule out the likes of Lauren Vizza and Tanya Crowe.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:11:40 10/11/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Your Josie Stephens is lovely! She'll never leave my Top 5 for LAUSA. IDK, when Vizza was Miss LA, I could not WAIT for her to give the MUO a try, but anymore, I'm finding myself just underwhelmed with her. With that said, Vizza is still in my Top 5. My wishful Top 5 would be: Josie, Rachel, Kristen H (newbie & a hell of a head shot), Avery &

Author:
Groove (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:48:19 10/12/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: ...& Vizza. Considering LA rarely crowns a newbie, how do you think Josie, Avery & Kristen will do? I'd be stoked to see either three win.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:57:21 10/12/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Agreed. I doubt a newbie will win this year, but of recent memory Candace Bennett was a newbie to MUO all together and won her first try!

Author:
In LA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:10:56 10/12/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yeah, I know...Candice was the only one I could recall from recent memory. I have a feeling Josie, Kristen or Avery would do really well at Miss USA, but who knows with IMG :/

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:14:09 10/12/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I actually worked with Kristen earlier this year when she competed for, and won the title of Miss University of Louisiana. I think she could do quite well. Not sure if she is in the discussion to win it all this year though. I love her, and I think a year or two under her belt will work wonders for her.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:37 10/13/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yeah, as a newbie, I can see her doing very well with a few more years of experience. We always hear "so & so won too soon" blah blah blah. Someone with such a pretty head shot as Kristen's, I'd hate to see her win "too soon".

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:59:02 10/13/17 Fri

[> Subject: Interesting with the Louisiana photos, very few of their photos (if any) match their beauty in real life. Normally we see the opposite. But I think the judges in Louisiana will be pleasantly surprised when they see these ladies up close.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:20:20 10/11/17 Wed

[> Subject: My Top 5: Lauren, Victoria, Josie, Avery & Rachel

Author:
LA, one of my favorite States to follow!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:20:50 10/11/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Lakeview pic has terribly distracting earrings.

Author:
Yikes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:42:31 10/12/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Yes I agree, those earrings are a distraction and should not be worn for a headshot picture. Im guessing that the photo was cropped to be used as a headshot. Im sure if we seen the whole picture they would tie into what shes wearing and the pose shes in.

Author:
They kind of look like the beaded chain connected to a ceiling light that youd pull on to turn the light off and on
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:54:08 10/12/17 Thu

[> Subject: I know who my favorite Miss contestants are, but who knows under IMG how any of them would do at Miss USA. It's like we should start selecting our least favorite Top 5 of any given state & they'll end up being front runners at Miss USA lol.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:03:57 10/12/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I think regarding the accomplishment/ success/ background story... From the girls I know well, Victoria Paul and Emma Key have a solid advantage in terms of what IMG may be looking for. Just my opinion. Of course, that means nothing in the long run...

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:45:46 10/13/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: See, the thing is, is that you have to know these girls's stories. Honestly, I don't have time to look into their backgrounds LOL! I'm just so used to looking at sheer beauty, SS, catwalk skills & brains. Yes, brains. Honestly, trying to figure out the best sob stories & life lessons learned is a FT job!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:42 10/13/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Some of the girls make up stories or embellish

Author:
they feel they have to
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:36:54 10/15/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.