VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Does anyone else think IMG has ruined the MUO system? I noticed the girls in Teen and Miss get uglier by the year. The ratings are getting worse since IMG took over. I feel like they are purposely killing of the MUO system. If your Beautiful need not compete..

Author:
NK
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02:16:22 10/09/17 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: ABSOLUTELY. I noticed so far this year a lot of good girls especially in teen are not returning.

Author:
Not an IMG fan.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:51:51 10/09/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: I remember saying when IMG took over that it was the end of the Trump era, and the end of beauty being the guiding light in pageantry. My sentiments were met with ridicule and bashing. I didnt necessarily disagree with some of my naysayers who believed IMG was going to want more of a model type (which I would have been fine with). But I truthfully had no idea they were aiming at becoming Miss America 2.0. Regardless, it is a new era and we must adapt.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:38:26 10/09/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: numbers are down

Author:
nniol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:06:41 10/09/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Oh I was one that fully told you were out of mind thinking they were not going to go with a stunning super model type. I was convinved they would continue with the model look, and make it even bigger and better. I am now eating crow and apologizing Iceman

Author:
washington mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:46:40 10/10/17 Tue

[> Subject: How, I wish for new owners for Miss USA. IMG has been a huge disappointment.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:51:59 10/09/17 Mon

[> Subject: The USA is fast becoming the joke of the pageant system. MUO use to be fun to watch and now itís who has the best stories or the most diverse. Girls, that are beautiful and are well prepared are not considered. Whatís up with the hijab? I noticed a NJ teen contestant competing this year with one. IMG is a JOKE. They need to stay out of politics too and focus on the contestants. Their questions are fixed and controversial. We should boycott them if possible..

Author:
Kimmie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:51:31 10/09/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: they ruined it because of looking for stories, fixing the pageant, not having a balence between smarts and beauty

Author:
sassy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:01:43 10/09/17 Mon

[> Subject: I agree that IMG has taken the pageants in some pretty bad directions lately, but I'm hoping this is a temporary "adjustment," sort of like the transition years from about 1998 to 2002, when MUO was trying to figure out what the pageant should be. Now IMG is trying to make the pageants "relevant," in order to win viewers/fans. I think this the wrong approach. Hopefully they will realize this after a year or two and go back to pageants that make some sort of sense (because, after all, if it is about stories and achievement, we can just give a test with an essay question!)

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:14:20 10/09/17 Mon

I agree that IMG has taken the pageants in some pretty bad directions lately, but I'm hoping this is a temporary "adjustment," sort of like the transition years from about 1998 to 2002, when MUO was trying to figure out what the pageant should be. Now IMG is trying to make the pageants "relevant," in order to win viewers/fans. I think this the wrong approach. Hopefully they will realize this after a year or two and go back to pageants that make some sort of sense (because, after all, if it is about stories and achievement, we can just give a test with an essay question!)

[> Subject: I never liked the Trump era and was hoping IMG would change it for the better. But they took it in a new horrible direction. When people see a pageant is on, they are going to either watch it to see a beauty pageant or won't watch it. Do they actually think people are going to get excited thinking "I cannot wait to see who has the best story this year" The pageants (Miss USA and Miss Universe) are a borefest now. With the 2 second intros, the horrible group format in swimsuit and gown, and the interviews that seem fixed. there is no fun anymore. I miss the days before Trump and IMG when the pageants were actual pageants. They days before the cattle calls and stories. Hoping the MUO realizes no on is happy anymore with where things are heading. It is such a disappointment.

Author:
Glitzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:28 10/09/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Sorry for the typos

Author:
Glitzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:04:55 10/09/17 Mon

[> Subject: To be honest, I get the impression that IMG isn't doing much of anything. MUO - on the other hand - has no guidance and this is the best they can come up with. For all we talk about "what they are looking for" - Miss Universe simply seems to be adrift and incapable of putting together anything.I would love for IMG to declare something and take MUO there - at least we would know where they are going.

Author:
Contestants can sense this. It has become the generic equivalent of a pageant.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:28:02 10/09/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: I think IMG is doing exactly what they wanted to do with the pageant. I recall in the early days, Julianna Hough foreshadowing things to come. Does anyone else remember this, her saying they were looking for a different type of beauty queen now. One with brains. I knew then we were in for a rough ride.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:26:32 10/10/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Well... if that is true, then IMG sucks.

Author:
and it won't ever get better.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:20:54 10/10/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Nothing's wrong if they are searching for beauty and brains. They just seem to be forgetting the beauty part and that it nerds to take precedence. Also, people feel it's rigged when a certain look is selected over best on stage performance .

Author:
You can say beauty is subjective to get away with your agenda but it's going to show its self in the end when all quality participants dissapear after this next year.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:31:24 10/11/17 Wed

[> Subject: oregon teen is adorable

Author:
toni
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:00:36 10/10/17 Tue

[> Subject: Yes

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:51:24 10/11/17 Wed

[> Subject: Completely agree! I think they don't care about beauty at all!

Author:
I think they are going with the whole ,"We are all beautiful " and therefore no one is really special ! Well why have a pageant then ! So boring ! No glam left !
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:28:33 10/11/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: If you didn't notice, no one cared for overly contoured patties in bandage dresses and tippy tops either. Have you all quickly forgotten the only reason the pageants got any publicity was because of Trump's pre-pageant forced antics and scandals.

Author:
Things aren't THAT different.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:28 10/11/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Do not think under IMG viewers, advertisers, sponsors and even contestants care much anymore. Whatever IMG thoughtbthey were doing has been a colossal failure and do not see anyway of coming back from this failure.

Author:
Eli jmo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:47:34 10/11/17 Wed

[> Subject: Look at you people, all being tortured and bothered by something you don't even have to watch. If it makes you that miserable watching or attending them then don't. I hate peanut butter, dance music, and stupid shows like Once Upon A Time. But I don't force myself to eat, listen, and watch. So do yourself a favor and find a new hobby if you can't stand the direction the pageants are going.

Author:
Esme
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:12:47 10/11/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Ladies and Gentleman....someone with a voice of reason...how refreshing. Sadly the concept is not understood.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:01 10/11/17 Wed

[> Subject: Basically you guys feel that even if a girl is not that bright she should still win? How about you guys that judge pageants look for beauty and brains? You act like being smart is a bad thing.! everyone calm down and stop freaking out, I think if the directors want their girls to place at the national level they better fall in line and get judges that will follow the guidelines.

Author:
who wants a girl that has nothing going for herself
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:53:07 10/11/17 Wed

[> Subject: Last thing... Every girl is a model/IG model and that's fine. What else do you bring to the table after that's over? What can you teach young women across the world when you are appointed the job of Miss USA or Miss Universe? You don't have to have a sob story but substance and a strong foundation would be nice. Inspiring or some =) Get a new hobby if you guys are so upset about it.

Author:
Me again
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:58:25 10/11/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Agreed. It's so lame to see former Miss USAs being another desperate wannabe on IG, peddling discount codes like 10,000 other 20somethings. Or posting lame gym selfies or random LA faux starlet posts like 10,000 other 20 somethings. Trump did nothing to elevate the relevancy of the title or its T&A participants. At least the IMG winners may have real careers that don't involve flaunting their looks because they will surely age and wither away.

Author:
Pretty dumb girls just mad AF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:25:48 10/11/17 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.