VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Unpopular opinion

Author:
CalFan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03:57:40 10/10/17 Tue

I'm seeing a lot of craze for some Miss Universe contestants and I'm just not getting it.

France - she seems like a teen and there's just something missing but i can't pinpoint it

Mexico - I literally don't get her. I read shes like 19? But I swear she seems like she's much older. Also doesn't look very approachable.

Philippines - Seems to be Mary jean Lastimosa 2.0 imo. She's pretty but the Pinoys are over-hyping her for no reason tbh

Indonesia - I want to like her, but I'm just over Indonesia making the cut. It really seems like MUO wants something out of Indonesia but they're reps aren't cutting it for me.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I'm with you on Philippines and Indonesia. They are pretty, but I'm not seeing placements this year. But France and Mexico are both in my Top 8 right now!

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:17:26 10/10/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I already feel for Rachel Peters because you know if she doesn't continue the streak she's going to get slammed by everyone with "I told you so's", but game isn't over yet that girl is probably working super hard to fight for a top spot.

Author:
Anon-ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:39 10/10/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: I can understand why the OP is not overthrilled with any of the 4 girls he discusses. I completely disagree on Indonesia, I only hope she has received some English language training. as this is a factor many Indonesian girls have struggled with. Denisse and Alicia look young indeed, this may be a challenge in other pageants but here with humongous pageant franchise fees and with Azteca TV (in case of MX). I am pretty comfident both would make it. As of Philippines, I am unimpressed, yet another half-White girl born outside of PH. I am not digging her look, obviously it is not her fault that despite being a tiny minority bilacial people (half Asian, half White) tend to be glorified in the Philippines.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:06:23 10/10/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: OP here! I just see Rachel being so overhyped that itís just annoying. Youíre right right i think before both France and Mexico will be up there and i really do hope Indonesia can speak english because because shes gorgeous but might lack in interview.

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:35:44 10/11/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Miss Philippines being overhyped? I dont even see a single thread about her. It is just your imagination. Everyone is threatened about Miss Philippines.

Author:
Shauntay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:03 10/16/17 Mon

[> Subject: Y'all are in denial. And you're supposed to be MUO fans and experts hahaha All of these counties are the friends and family circle for MUO. I

Author:
I'm putting my money on Mexico though.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:09:35 10/11/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: OP here, Iím pretty sure theyíll be up there because of sash/other politics but there are some people that really think these girls are the best of the best and should be crowned miss universe. I donít see the latter.

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:00:58 10/12/17 Thu

[> Subject: I definitely do not get France at all. Philippines gets bashed every year no matter who they send just because she is Philippines. Sad but true.

Author:
Zap
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:05:59 10/13/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Agreed, and France gets overhyped with a pass because she is European and Indonesian because she is Asian but not Filipino. Anyway, the French girls are usually pretty and well-dressed so they usually deserve Top 10 or even Top 5/6. Indonesians are also well-dressed but they suck at stage presentation and semis so they usually deserve semis. The Philippines sends much more overall packages and its unfortunate they suck at styling and their fans also give the hater bandwagons more ammo to bash them with.

Author:
This year will be no different. So predictable MUO and y'all.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:17:43 10/13/17 Fri

[> Subject: Indonesia pays a substantial amount of money though I am surprised they get in year after year. I have a feeling they are due for a win very soon. France is pretty but I have a feeling with USA, they will cancel each other out. Phillippines will get in to appease the country.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:43:39 10/13/17 Fri

[> Subject: I actually like the Philippines representative this year. Well spoken, articulate, beautiful, and exotic. I think she's actually one of the top contenders to tell you the truth.

Author:
My Take
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:09:52 10/13/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: She is the winner actually. No one comes close to her.

Author:
Paula Sugar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:06:20 10/16/17 Mon

[> Subject: I don't like Thailand. Last year's rep is much better. She just looks like she doesn't have front teeth an looks very sickly.

Author:
Rob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:49 10/19/17 Thu

[> Subject: Most of you are denying the obvious. The only sure delegate in the Top 5 is Philippines. The rest have equally lower chance of entering Top 5. Even MUO knows that beacuse It canít do away with the precious Philippine pageant fans.

Author:
Stella Marques
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:22:19 10/21/17 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.