VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss Colombia

Author:
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:51:52 11/27/17 Mon

What seems to be everyone's gripe with Miss Colombia? I thought she was beautiful and very well spoken at the pageant but there seems to be a lot of dislike for her on the board!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: She was that not that pretty and she has this cartoonish / put-on kinda personality. She keeps on opening her big mouth as if she is at the dentist's office having a root canal or something. Colombia should be 2nd RU only. Better yet, Venezuela should have taken her place.

Author:
justsayin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:52 11/27/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Colombia the best

Author:
top3X4
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:35:02 11/27/17 Mon

Laura is natural, authentic, and In the show she looked confidence. Her amazing face and awesome body gave her better scored. Other girls top ten have serious problem of acne and spots on the skin

[> Subject: I liked VZ much better than Colombia. Colombia seemed so fake- it was nauseating.

Author:
TarHeel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:40:36 11/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: I politely beg to differ. I loved Colombia's semifinal interview -- the bit about The Academy Awards. She came across quite charming. That said, Venezuela NAILED her top five question & I'm surprised she didn't advance to top three. The judges by that point must've been swayed by their overall impression of the contestants & Venezuela's overall ranking didn't carry her over. Loyalties were probably especially strong for South Africa.

Author:
Malaysia simply faded a touch in top five question. She needed more strength and resolve in her tone of voice while answering.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:46:48 11/27/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Venezuela also suffered from being first in the top 10 lineup. The production and camera people were having issues getting the other girls off stage, and if you notice, Venezuela was making her presentation while there were other girls still walking on stage. They were totally blocking the judges' view of her. She actually blended into the non-finalists, because she was first up. That wasn't really fair to her, but it is what it is, I guess.

Author:
bad production this year
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:56:20 11/27/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: I thought the same at first but she still made top five after gown so it couldn't have affected her too much.

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:23:37 11/29/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Okay, I'd give that to her. She was actually quite amusing during that part when she was first called. But I would have gladly replaced her with someone else to advance after top 16

Author:
Most of her pictures are showing her wide open boca! Gosh! I don't want to see her uvula!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:15:22 11/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: Agree. I dont understand it. However, judging from the responses you received - it petty & not relevant. She s 1st RU

Author:
Catherine Cates - NUC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:51 11/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: Just didn't find her facially as pleasing as other contestants or former Columbian queens. Loved her dress and figure, thought top 10 was good for her. Hated the stick straight hair.

Author:
Orange12
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:04:36 11/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: she among others had a aire of entitlement. ... she was offputting

Author:
dina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:30 11/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: Colombia reminded me of Alicia Machado, but a more annoying and self-absorbed version of Alicia.

Author:
Maybe she is not like this in person, but the persona she brought in MU was off-putting.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:30 11/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: no colombia no venezuela no u.s.a no philippines. yes germany yes Peru yes france If russia does not hurt anymore.

Author:
BOA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:16:08 11/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: I thought Columbia was a lot more facially beautiful than Demi

Author:
JMO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:08:09 11/27/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: LOL

Author:
yeah right
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:45 11/27/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: LOL. You have to seriously be kidding.

Author:
pageant fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:03 11/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: Colombian girls are spontaneous, confident and happy going. Ever in the recients and formers top of men preferences about worldwide women colombian place first, you don't want to change their way to be, being cool is in their DNA

Author:
JoseCalvo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:16:42 11/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: My only gripe with the winners from Colombia is their English accents. It is terrible. I don't know who is teaching them English down there, but they need to find someone new. It is painful to the ear. I do think they keep placing because they've found their formula. But under IMG I think that's all they will continue to do if they don't lose some of that "roboticism" that once made Latin America winners. The formula no longer works.

Author:
imo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:34:27 11/28/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: If you think their english is disgusting please forget it not their language is spanish, If you are an englishparlant could you speak spanish without accent?

Author:
JoseCalvo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:39:50 11/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Well I actually do speak Spanish without an accent but that's not my gripe. Having an accent in a second language is fine. It's actually expected. It's the "Colombia" accent. All the other Spanish-speaking countries don't have that common sound that the Miss Colombias have. It's as if a deaf person taught them how to speak English. I don't know how else to describe it. At first I thought it was just Paulina but then every year I started to notice they all sound like that. There's a reason why Asian countries recruit native speakers to teach them English m

Author:
personal preference
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:09:11 12/05/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: Thank you for displaying your ignorance You sound like a total idiot

Author:
SoCal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:22:41 12/05/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: You not liking my comment which is based on my experience and opinion does not equal ignorance. The OP asked a question and I responded. If you have an issue with my response that sounds like a personal problem.

Author:
Shrugs and hugs
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:49:04 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Youre comment is based on stupidity and ignorance. If you speak Spanish like you say you do why do you think its ok to attack someone because they have an accent ? Does it make you feel better by bringing someone else down ? You truly are pathetic.

Author:
SoCal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:02 12/06/17 Wed

[> Subject: The mouth was bothersome. And sometimes she looked like she had no neck. Wasn't surprised she made top three though, nor was I surprised she didn't win. SA was just that much better than her.

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:01:55 11/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: Colombia was gifted by the MUO way to much because of the hullabaloo 2 years ago and they let Pia hold one of the judges seats to show that even if there's a Filipino judge, Colombia can still place and even win the whole enchilada.

Author:
Miss Universe 2018
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:10:56 12/03/17 Sun

MUO

[> Subject: Colombia was only gifted for 2 consecutive years by the MUO because of the hullabaloo 2 years ago which is way too much, and they let Pia hold one of the judges seats to seemingly show that even if there's a Filipino judge, Philippines is yet unable to crack the top 5 and Colombia can still place and even win the whole enchilada. Very wise and smart move MUO.

Author:
Miss Universe 2018
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:48:56 12/03/17 Sun

MUO

[> [> Subject: This is simply to appease Colombia, period.

Author:
MUO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:42:49 12/04/17 Mon

MUO

[> Subject: Every year there is going to be bashing about pageant contestants. I would recommend watching Deshauna Barber's video on Youtube about bashing. She gets quite candid about it. I have done bashing in the past myself. However, there becomes a point when enough is enough. Miss Colombia might not have been everyone's cup of tea but her placement was well deserved.

Author:
IanSebastin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:58:08 12/05/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.