VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss Universe and her court to visit the Philippines in December 2017

Author:
greyfelino
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:51:47 11/28/17 Tue

Miss Universe and court to spread Yule cheer in PH

Published November 28, 2017, 12:09 PM

Newly crowned Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters and her court are scheduled to visit Manila to spread holiday cheer as part of the upcoming 2017 Miss Universe Christmas Tour next month.

Aside from Nel-Peters, runners-up Miss Colombia Laura Gonzalez and Miss Jamaica Davina Bennett will join the holiday tour in the country scheduled to start on Dec. 5.

Miss Universe 2016 Iris Mittenaire of France and her runners-up Miss Haiti Racquel Pelissier and Miss Colombia Andrea Tovar will also join the Philippine visit.

Miss Thailand Maria Poonlertlarp who made it to the Top 5 of the just concluded Miss Universe pageant could be part of the tour after she hinted on Facebook that she would be coming home to Thailand after she visits Manila with the other candidates.

Other girls who are expected to be part of the Christmas Tour are 2017 Miss Universe semi-finalists Miss Venezuela Keysi Sayago, Miss Brazil Monalyssa Alcantara, Miss Canada Lauren Howe, Miss Spain Sofia del Prado, Miss USA Kara McCullough, Miss China Roxette Qui, Miss Croatia Shanaelle Petty, Miss Ghana Ruth Quashie, Miss Great Britan Anna Burdzy, Miss Ireland Cailin Toibin, Miss Sri Lanka Christina Peiris and Miss Philippines Rachel Peters.

This could be the biggest gathering of current and recent winners of Miss Universe outside of the US, headquarters of the Miss Universe Organization.

Reports said that these girls will take part in various activities such as fashions shows, meet-and-greet and gala event.

The event is said to be in tandem with the Department of Tourism and other non-government organizations, sources said.

gif upload

Source Manila Bulletin:
https://entertainment.mb.com.ph/2017/11/28/miss-universe-and-court-to-spread-yule-cheer-in-ph/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Wow! It’s more fun in the Philippines!! Have a great time ladies!

Author:
Honesty is the Best Policy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:30 11/28/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: That is a wonderful and generous invitation from the Philippines to invite that many people. I look forward to seeing the many pictures of the contestants, especially in their more nature state, and not all made up as they are for competition/stage.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:15:33 11/28/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Yes. I would not mind if they hosted for a few years. At least, we know girls would have more fun.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:42:48 11/28/17 Tue

[> Subject: This is great! They need to do more things like this that include the others as well. Groups of finalists and formers making appearances at events could raise tons of money for charities.

Author:
Happy to see this
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:50 11/28/17 Tue

[> Subject: Lol why does this remind of the American Idols live tour or something.

Author:
Lola basyang
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:47:52 11/28/17 Tue

[> Subject: How much you want to bet Olivia Jordan will infer herself lol

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:10 11/28/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Sure why not?! Maybe Nia and add some Pia. I wish Katherine Haik could go too, but she's a rising high school junior now I believe. I want to see formers and high ranking placers working together and gathered together and you know the hardcore Filipino fans with be supporting and cheering on the ladies.

Author:
Anon-ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:15 11/28/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: I rather have Miss Universe's winners, even candidates for that matter than Victoria Secret models any day of the week. Beauty queens are celebrated in the Philippines whether they are white, yellow, red, black and blue. Can't speak the English language or not. Miss Universe candidates winners or not are always loved in the Philippines!

Author:
Philippines Love Everything Beautiful
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:02:32 11/28/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject:

Author:
dink
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:02:35 11/29/17 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed November 29, 2017 03:03:27   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: Yeah she will. She is such a self-confident girl. I would not dare to be seen with beauty queens if I had the face she does.

Author:
All defaults and deformations become so visible then.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:25:00 11/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: I don't think Andrea Tovar will attend. She is pregnant and her due date is in January.

Author:
Aaaa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:29:45 11/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: I just think it's great to give some of the others a chance to do more with their title instead of the winner only

Author:
Love it
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:58:00 11/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: MANILA VISIT. Miss Universe 2017 Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, Miss Universe 2016 Iris Mittenaere, and 14 other Miss Universe beauties who participated in the pageant last month will participate.
Among the 14 beauties coming over are Miss Great Britain, Miss Russia, Miss Italy, Miss Canada, Miss Germany, Miss China, Miss India, Miss Malaysia, Miss Singapore, Miss Thailand, Miss Korea, Miss USA, and other candidates from emerging and key countries the DOT wants to tap, especially for its global event promotion—the “Bring home a friend to the Philippines” campaign.
They will start arriving in the country on December 5 and will be here until December 10.
Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo mentioned the following activities as part of their tour:
December 6 - Manila tour Press conference and welcome dinner December 7 - Charity Ball and DOT Christmas party December 8 - Philippine tour: Batanes, Bohol, and Camiguin December 9- Gala night at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Author:
Have a great time!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:41:37 12/04/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Miss Netherlands, and of course, Miss Philippines will be there too. Apparently Pia won’t be there because she is still in the USA.

Author:
QT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:32:39 12/04/17 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.