VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss Universe Trio!!

Author:
greyfelino
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 05:28:07 12/06/17 Wed

EEE0_AF4_E_4_ADC_4_DEB_8_FF0_D8_F719_A26_D76
4_BD60_F70_4466_4_EEC_9_FB8_EF4807879_E02
7_BB52_ED2_3_D11_417_E_AA97_5_B9_C10_FF592_C
gif hoster

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: At press conference
044_D011_C_4_C77_487_C_BB4_D_9_C3_E72_DFBD7_F

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:46:57 12/06/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I wonder what criteria did they use to select 15 girls that flew to the PH. I see non-finalists from Korea, Russia, Malaysia, Italy, Netherlands as well as 6 girls who placed, plus Demi and Ines. Clearly it has nothing to do with visas, as PH does not require visas to the large majority of countries, IN and CN are some of the exceptions.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:36:38 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Majority of the ladies invited come from the countries which have the greatest number of tourists visiting the Philippines.

Author:
Ben
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:49:53 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: I am not an expert on tourism, but I am 100% certain that Japan and Australia would be in top 15 in terms of intl' arrivals to the Philippines... and yet neither of their reps is there.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:47 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I read from the official press release that the Tourism department invited girls from countries with high tourist arrivals in the Ph and those from their target markets. But yeah, Japan and Australia are missing if this was the criteria. The event was sponsored by a private entity, Frontrow something, so maybe the last say was still from them. I also read that Thailand was not able to make it even if she confirmed during her interview after the finals due to contract issues. The MU Thailand org works closely with the Thai tourism so having her promote Ph is definitely a conflict of interest

Author:
5 cents
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:36 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yup, you are not a tourism expert. Didn't I say majority (11 of the 20 top visitor markets were invited)? take a look at this:http://www.tourism.gov.ph/Pages/IndustryPerformance.aspx

Author:
Ben
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:18:20 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I'm not surprised to see Great Britain & Canada invited to participate -- they struck me as quite personable during interviews. I selected both for semifinals.

Author:
nsi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:58:08 12/08/17 Fri

[> Subject: This is amazing! I hear they were all treated like stars. The three MUs are stunning!

Author:
Love it!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:41:10 12/06/17 Wed

[> Subject: Love this, thank you PI❤️

Author:
John James
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:10:13 12/06/17 Wed

[> Subject: OMG no Latinas (yeah and don't even think of insulting Spain by referencing her as Latina just because she speaks Spanish LOL). Remember the days when Latinas were front and center thanks to their network partners??? Of course today they are all claiming they are shut out (unfairly of course) because of money.

Author:
Oh the tides of change
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:20:06 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Well citizen of Latin America do not typically go on holidays in the Philippines or Asia for that matter, so that is probably why none of their delegates were invited.

Author:
Latina shutdown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:07:21 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Yeah Ďcause Russians and Italians go to the Philippines all the time. Haha if MUO wanted a Latina there, there would have been one. They just didnít.

Author:
There are like 100 of them heartbroken at home from Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:30:45 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Not sure about Italy, but Russians do go to the Philippines for vacation. Expect more of them because of their cray-cray President who is enamoured by Putin. LOL.

Author:
If there is not much of them yet, then they are perhaps targeting that country for more as can be seen from this article. http://globalnation.inquirer.net/157346/russians-coming-says-tourism-chief
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:28:58 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: you should study a little before to talk

Author:
luisfromSpain
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:26:13 12/06/17 Wed

latin was the ones who spoke latin and then those who speak a language that comes from Latin, like spanish, italian, portuguese or french......so latin americans are Latinos because they speak Spanish

[> [> [> Subject: Seriously that person is showing just how ignorant they are. They obviously don't know the origin of the word "latino/latina" and it's meaning.

Author:
TST . . .
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:35 12/09/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Honestly, your not latina. She is. Know your history before you speak. Latina is simply the hispanic way of saying for Latin. Latin is a language. It is the language that came from Europe. The Spanish (Spain, Italian and French languages came from latin in those countries first. South American countries were conquered by Spain and the indigenous Indian who mixed with the Spaniards then took on this language and began boasting and beating their chests calling themselves latina. Thereby giving it a new meaning and definition amongst themselves. .

Author:
I'm Boriqua, so don't Give me your racist bullshit line next.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:18:43 12/11/17 Mon

[> Subject: 4_BDD9_B0_A_D593_4929_B25_A_17_C58_D8544_CB 39_B3_E311_5_DC6_45_E4_B844_A233_D7399129 5_C46_E306_D713_41_B7_82_A4_4_A18_D00_A252_C

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:04 12/06/17 Wed

[> Subject: Pia looks absolutely amazing! Iris looks great as well. Demi looks good but those shows have got to go!

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:48:03 12/06/17 Wed

[> Subject: Love all 3!

Author:
That crown looks so good on Demi!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:47:35 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Wow!0649_BC29_4766_4368_BC83_FB337_EE79_BE5
upload gif online

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:13:03 12/07/17 Thu

[> Subject: You know what I find interesting is that I really like all three IMG's Miss Universes, but I dont like IMG's Miss USA's

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:53:43 12/06/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: That is an excellent observation. I sometimes group all three winners by year. But I have found IMG to do an amazing job with Miss Universe productions and select great winners. USA on the other hand is dreadful. While Kara is a slight improvement over Deshauna, they are both equally bad. Is Olivia considered IMG?

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:42:06 12/07/17 Thu

[> Subject: Charity Fashion Show
DA867_C78_1565_473_B_82_C0_8_C1_BD780_F9_CD
image url

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:21:52 12/07/17 Thu

[> Subject:

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:47:05 12/07/17 Thu

Last edited by author: Fri December 08, 2017 00:37:16   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: Is this the first time that 3 different Miss Universe crowns have been used simultaneously?

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:46 12/07/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Literally gasped at this picture. QUEENS!

Author:
lola basyang
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:14:34 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: This last photo with the crowns has been altered!

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:36:44 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: So I removed the photo.

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:39:38 12/08/17 Fri

[> Subject: Who would have thought that you could have 3 winners consecutively and not a Latina in the mix.

Author:
Gretch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:11:07 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: That's why a lot of Latin IG pages are whining, especially that no one from the invited girls are from South America as well

Author:
I'd say, Latinas you had your time, let these ladies enjoy the MU spotlight
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:46:18 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Yeah because non-Latinas were always invited to the Telemundo lovefest events. Of course if the world doesn't revolve around them it is unfair.

Author:
MUO is probably relieved not to have to deal with all that not that Telemundo isn't making them
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:38:07 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: This is the IMG turnaround that I'm really excited about. The Telemundo agenda is gone, gone, gone....only 2 Hispanic American countries made it in this year... I was really tired about questionable choices from Latin America just to keep that audience happy.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:23:42 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I've read in some Latina pages that they find Iris and Pia's reigns boring and that the last time it was exciting was during Paulina's (what a shocker!!!). They keep on making fun of Pia cooking in her NY apartment and Iris doing make-up tutorials. Honestly, I don't recall anything significant that Paulina has achieved during her reign either. Hers was as equally boring as the queens from the IMG era. I have high hopes for Demi though. I find her very charming. I hope MUO gets their act together and give her better opportunities.

Author:
IMG/MUO still has a lot to do to better manage the pageant and the org itself. However, looking at the winners for the past 3 years, I think they are making a step to the right direction. Just my two cents.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:00:02 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Paulina was the worst! So no one remembers how goofy and awkward she was? Kaci Fennel should have won that year. Not only was Paulina unpolished and lacking the regal quality of all three of the recent winners, she also looked incredibly basic on a daily basis.

Author:
last Latina Miss U I liked was Ximena and of course Zuly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:19:25 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: IKR, Paulina's reign was also uneventful especially when you compare it to her predecessor, Molly. As for me that last Latina whose reign I enjoyed was Stefania. I was not her big fan when she was crowned, but through the video blogs they posted of her, I warmed up to her and saw a very beautiful and kind person. Up to now, I can't forget her video blog episode where they went to Rwanda and the plane lost her luggage. On that video blog, an MU sash was especially made for her by a tailor in Rwanda and she said she will treasure it more because it is the people who made it (or something to that effect).

Author:
I love Stefania and after her reign, she was miles ahead of Dayana.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:14:47 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Three non-Latin American MU winners in a row is not unheard of. The longest gap between Latin American wins is 9 years (1970-1979).

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:43:47 12/09/17 Sat

[> Subject: I think this is the first time Iíve loved three Miss Universe winners in a row.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:50:07 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: This is my probably my favorite 3-year span since 97-98-99 (Brook, Wendy, Mpule). Ironically, I'm not loving the recent Miss USAs. The last one I loved was Nia.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:40 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I like Deshauna and I understand a lot of people do not get her looks, but to me she is beautiful. With this said, the last Miss USA that I loved was Erin Brady.

Author:
Love Erin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:03:01 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: I always loved Deshauna's look, I noticed her back in the fall 2009 when she competed at VA USA first... I understand though why many are not that fond of her look, she has more of an interesting beauty that intrigues you rather than more of a bombshell beauty.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:17:17 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Right. I really hated to see many of the previous MU's, many of them were so "perfect" thanks to multiple plastic surgeries and botox, at least these three beauties seem to be all natural.

Author:
Good for IMG, finally some real and natural beauty!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:51:37 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: I agree. I have also noticed a subtle change with the final judging panel. They seem more qualified to judge a beauty pageant.

Author:
Gretch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:15:42 12/09/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Stunning!

Author:
All three!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:53:03 12/09/17 Sat

[> Subject: Those gowns worn by Pia, Iris & Demi-Leigh are way better looking than those worn by any Hollywood celebrities on any awarding ceremonies.

Author:
Char
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:06:57 12/08/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Very true. I wish these gowns were in pageants instead!

Author:
It would be refreshing.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:25:25 12/10/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.