VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: IT'S ALL TRUE!!!! California USA Contestant Loses Points For Being “Too Short”

Author:
FACT CHECK IT!!!!!
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:02:33 12/07/17 Thu

https://thepageantplanet.com/california-usa-contestant-loses-points-for-being-too-short/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: The Pageant Planet is a gossipy, low level excuse for "journalism." This "reporting" is a joke, and is clearly posted for click bait, like so many other of their articles. It's a shame that TPP is the "best" that our industry has to offer.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:48:04 12/07/17 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Isnt this the same website that asks you post "hit" or "miss" on evening gowns LOL. ANd everyone says HIT! and smoozes up to everyone else?

Author:
washington mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:28 12/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Yes they are and i find that to be the biggest form of online bullying I have ever seen

Author:
I dispise them for just that alone
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:07:27 12/10/17 Sun

[> Subject: 6wctsAnyone who has judged a pageant makes comments. Too short, a little overweight, bad teeth, hairstyle wrong, acne, yu name it. You need some reference when yu are referring back to all of over 100 contestants to select only 20 of your favorites in any one category. What makes me upset is that this judge allowed someone else to review any notes she made. Having judged a few times, we are never aske to do so. Don't count on her ever being asked again to judge.

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:56:57 12/07/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Exactly, there needs to be discretion when it comes to judging. No one at Cali USA would dare saying that you can't choose a short girl... On the other hand, it is completely normal that taller people tend to do better in pageants and tend to be considered more attractive on average.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:30:42 12/07/17 Thu

[> Subject: I've seen more ugly tall people than short people. In fact a shorter guy turns me on.

Author:
T
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:19:36 12/07/17 Thu

[> Subject: She did nothing wrong. That's her preference to go for taller winners. This is all about a a makeup artist who is still upset his sister didn't place.

Author:
Gina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:35:46 12/07/17 Thu

[> Subject: As pageant competitors we ask to be judged. Everyone's preference for beauty is different and it is subjective. Some people like tall, some short, some like blonde, some brunette. Sometimes a girl can remind the judge of someone they like or don't like. There are so many factors that can affect if a judge likes you or not. As a pageant contestant, family, or friend we need to remember we have asked to be judged in a forum that is subjective. There will never be a clear cut winner that everyone will agree on.

Author:
Pageant fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:14:46 12/07/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Amen! You said it best.

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:52:27 12/07/17 Thu

[> Subject: New Miss Universe is 5'4"-5'5".

Author:
Joke is on them
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:47:32 12/09/17 Sat

[> Subject: Keep picking the tall horse faces and the petite beauties will stand out like they did at Universe.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:52:10 12/09/17 Sat

[> Subject: There is nothing wrong with using height as a way to measure beauty. I dont think its fair to say you cant consider height, but judging how pretty/ not pretty their face is is perfectly okay. Every judge has a different way to gauge the contestants. Height is only one of those factors, and should remain to be valid in the selection process. This in no way means the tall girl is the best girl. In fact, we have seen quite the opposite in recent pageant events. But lets not pretend judging height is a bad thing. HOWEVER, I know this is not an actual score/ scoresheet that the judge posted on social media. But NOTHING should be posted or even discussed outside of the judging panel. That was very sloppy on the judges part.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:42:33 12/09/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: If height is going to be considered then it should be part of the qualifications and be enforced. Directors should not accept delegates who do not meet the qualifications. If height, age, martial status etc is not part of the requirements, THEN ALL delegates should be judged fairly. There is one particular national director who flat out lies to girls, just to get numbers and money in her pocket.

Author:
Marjorie Lee Winnick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:50 12/09/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: But then are those who can overcome height like a Demi Leigh who looks 5'3" or 5'4" and Olivia Culpo at 5'4" / 5'6". There were quite a few shorter women in top at USA when Deshauna won (CT and VA). I think if you're outstanding it doesn't matter but yes there is both height privilege and blonde privilege in USA system.

Author:
my take
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:00 12/09/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: You get into a really narrow lane here. I dont think height, hair color, skin color, physical proportions, measurements should be defined in any way. Instead, I think each judge should be able to use all of the above in determining the actual winner. Otherwise, pageantry is nothing more than a job interview.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:06 12/09/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: Exactly. When someone is asked to judge a pageant, hopefully they are asked for their professionalism and PERSONAL, PROFESSIONAL OPINION. Selection of judges is always extremely important. Always said a pageant is as good as their panel of judges.

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:48:53 12/09/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Miss USA has always leaned toward taller girls.

Author:
I thought that was common knowledge.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:05:44 12/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: There are some state directors that would prefer taller winners. All I can say "how that workout for you". The judges are going to select the girl that will best represent that state at a national pageant. The judges at nationals are not concerned about height, they are more concerned about the presentation of the young woman they will select. That woman is the brand of Miss USA. There have been plenty winners under 5'5" that claim they are 5'6" or taller. Short contestants please apply and show up and show out! Do not let this discussion discourage you.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:50:47 12/10/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Can you tell me which Directors you are referring to? I've never come across a state director who have ever indicated they prefer taller contestants. Not saying they are not out there, but I've never heard that, or been instructed as a judge to select taller girls based on height.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:35 12/10/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.