VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I dont know why so many of you are offended by the mention of God or religion on someone's private social media accounts. Live and let live. She seems to be quite content with her life choices, so I applaud her decisions which seem to make her very happy.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:20:34 12/14/17 Thu
In reply to: Instagram 's message, "Pageant girls you unfollowed" on 11:02:00 12/13/17 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: People are obviously free to believe whatever they wish and if someone has found a way to get through life (religion, meditation, yoga, kale smoothies...) more power to them. BUT we have seen over and over that a big part of the Christian right (including Mormons and the Catholic church) has been trying to legislate what others can and cannot do, whether it's same-sex marriage or availability of contraception, etc. That's where I have a problem. So while I'm fine with people like Kristen believing whatever they wish, it's also reasonable for them to be held accountable for belonging to a larger system that is trying to control how others are allowed to live.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:07:57 12/14/17 Thu

People are obviously free to believe whatever they wish and if someone has found a way to get through life (religion, meditation, yoga, kale smoothies...) more power to them. BUT we have seen over and over that a big part of the Christian right (including Mormons and the Catholic church) has been trying to legislate what others can and cannot do, whether it's same-sex marriage or availability of contraception, etc. That's where I have a problem. So while I'm fine with people like Kristen believing whatever they wish, it's also reasonable for them to be held accountable for belonging to a larger system that is trying to control how others are allowed to live.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: I dont understand the need to be so invasive in the lives of former beauty queens. Why does it matter so much? I feel like I would be miserable all the time if I let the religious beliefs of former pageant titleholders guide my opinions on a daily basis. But regarding your position... Are you equally offended that Rima Fakih is Muslim? Certainly it can be argued that there are Muslim extremists as well, but I have not heart any mention of that. Personally, I dont care one bit what the formers do after their reign. I wish happiness for all of them, regardless of their religious beliefs!

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:24 12/14/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Any extremes in religion is not a good thing, including christians, mulims, jews

Author:
Extremists
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:30:49 12/15/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I hardly find Kristen Dalton to be “extreme”

Author:
This is obviously a targeted attack on her religion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:10:50 12/15/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Kristen is extreme in the sense that could never be friends with her - he’ll, even looking through her Instagram is painful - because she’s just too holy molly sister christian

Author:
Seems like there’s not much going on in her life apart from the baby and going to church.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:27:04 01/13/18 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: Does Rima preach the muslim teachings? She strikes me as a very occassional even non-religious muslim

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:22:21 12/15/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: No, she was never an overly religious person, she said they even celebrated parts of Christian faith in her house, such as Christmas. By the way, at her marriage Rima converted due to her husband's faith, she is now Eastern Orthodox (if I am not mistaken).

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:54:46 12/15/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: RIMA CONVERTED TO CHRISTIANITY WHEN SHE MARRIED HER HUSBAND.

Author:
xyro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:28 12/15/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Eastern Orthodox is a Christian family, one of three main families, the other two families are Catholic and Protestant. Each of these three families is divided into numerous smaller fractions, even the Catholic part, which most people think of as uniform... Btw, for these of you who are confused, Southern Baptist, as example, would fall under Protestant.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:57:37 12/15/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: No one's being INVASIVE. These formers practically punch people in the face with their religion, etc. and it's so overbearingly sanctimonious, that it's a turn off. Nothing wrong with enjoying the journey "after the crown" on social media, but when it's the same topic, pushed and shoved onto people, it's a complete and utter eye rolling bore.

Author:
Broccoli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:09:04 01/15/18 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Amen

Author:
Lady
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:01:56 01/15/18 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I hope you are not going through life following former pageant queens, and getting angry with them over their personal religious beliefs. Its as simple as pushing the unfollow button. Dont let it get you bent out of shape.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:47:49 01/16/18 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Eye-rolling at something so hypocritical it's laughable VS Being angry at something at two totally different things. It's called being observant. As a judge, you ought to be better at that.

Author:
so judgy you are...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:38:55 01/16/18 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Exactly. Thank you.

Author:
Broccoli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:14:43 01/16/18 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: mormons are not Christian because they do not believe He was God in human form. He was just another man to them

Author:
jelly bean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:34:23 12/15/17 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.