VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: meanwhile in Connecticut .... more shenanigans

Author:
stamford mess
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:21:17 01/10/18 Wed

this weekend's results are being questioned by many after the titleholder Miss Jamie Hughes thanked publically on her IG account her coaching team of Pageant Ready for helping her prepare for the pageant and one of the coaches from that company Miss Brooke Eneas was one of her judges (confirmed by contestants). oops. not sure if Jamie will be allowed to keep her title, pageant was possibly fixed for her to win. very unethical. things will be interesting this week for sure ! stay tuned. don't think new director Carla would have let the coach judge if she was aware of the relationship, Carla has a very good track record and would not jeopardize her great standing with muo. if I was the 1ru I would be getting ready to be the new miss ct usa.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Didnít see anything on social media so she must have changed it. Hope they do the right thing for the other contestants if it truly is the case this happened

Author:
Heather
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:12:41 01/11/18 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: I for one definitely saw something there, so I know this post existed, at least at one point.

Author:
stamford mess is right
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:07 01/11/18 Thu

[> Subject: Do the judge and the new Miss Connecticut actually know each other and worked together? I think that would be a conflict. If not, I dont see this going anywhere. But I do find it strange that they got a someone who works for a national coaching company to judge their pageant. Of course, they may have had her sign a disclosure that it would not have any outcome on her judging. That is all some directors want in writing. I'd hate to have her dethroned if she doesnt even know the judge though.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:28 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> Subject: Whether she knows the contestant or not is irrelevant if she works for the same company that trained her. The point is that she has a vested interest in this girl being crowned the winner, even if she's never met her before

Author:
PF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:30:23 01/16/18 Tue

[> Subject: Amber Walker was the most beautiful of that top 5. Figured she was was blackballed, to be placed so low after her 1st ru placement of last year. The winner looks like... well I will be nice. I just don't get the winner.

Author:
IHP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:17 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> Subject: I wouldn't be mad if Samantha Sojka ascended to the title of CT USA 2018. I really think she has grown nicely into a Miss in my opinion and seems like a really sweet and kind young lady and she is well educated. I'd really like to see her at Miss USA soon.

Author:
No Joke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:13 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Samantha has a great body and a lot of things going for her. She's not the prettiest girl in the Universe--but she is so well put together and looks so great on stage that u don't notice.

Author:
not criticizing her at all (I love her)--just my opinion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:41:20 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Interesting Pageant trivia---Miss CT of 1966 (MAO) was essentially dethroned after the 1st RU (who had won 2 prelims) found out that the winner had STAYED at one of the judge's house before the pageant. it was such a bruhaha that Miss America decided to have a "run off" special pageant in Manhattan (with just these 2 contestants participating). The NEW panel selected the 1st RU and SHE went to Atlantic City. It was amazing.

Author:
PS: To make matters worse the first "winner" was actually from Massachusetts
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:39 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: haha that's fabulous. Especially the Massachusetts part. That was double zing.

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:28:02 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: I also prefer Samantha over the current winner. She is tall, great in interview and has a good body. Facewise, she is not the prettiest, but she is prettier than Olga imo.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:50 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Why is this shocking? Jules and her team have been doing this for years in CT when her makeup coach was a judge two years ago, and in various other states. Coaches girls then her judges are her coaches, dont forget Deshauna coaches for her too and was also a judge!

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:05:32 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: I think she is beautiful!!! Even more beautiful in person, and her beauty radiates once you speak with her and see what a genuine sweet person she is!

Author:
Former title holder's mom who had seen her for years but had opportunity to meet and see her up close!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:37:33 01/12/18 Fri

[> Subject: So now the allegations are there were two judges who work for Pageant ready that were on the judges panel that selected a client to win?why isn't someone doing something about this?

Author:
its wrong
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:09:36 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> Subject: Pageant Ready coached Kamie and I'm fairly positive Deshauna and Kara. They seem to have a good relationship with the new director. However, it is unfortunate to have a judge who coached a contestant or associated with someone on the panel. That's just common sense. Not sure if this could lead to a dethronement though, no one wants to be the director that gets sued. Besides I'm sure Kamie will gladly take to Black Twitter and get on her soapbox crying racism because a white titleholder can't handle the authority of a black director.

Author:
Sheela Jaxon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:10:19 01/12/18 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: The mods erase things that call out racists posts. But don't erase the racist posts.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:26:54 01/13/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: Very sad

Author:
I feel sorry for the participants
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:14:57 01/13/18 Sat

[> Subject: I have found Jules and crew to be very honest and ethical. Im with holding judgement on this one until I hear for fact they did or didnt coach the girl that won that they also judged. I will say this exact scinero happend in Idaho with OT this year. Winner thanked her coach (also judge) publicly. She lost her crown, directors fired.

Author:
washington mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:51 01/12/18 Fri

[> Subject: Oh good lord. Nothing about this is controversial. For all you know, the judge didn't score Jamie. Carla's pageants are notorious for being fair -- to call that into question because she used a company that employs a judge (when the judges list isn't even made public to contestants until after interview) is absurd. This isn't the exact scenario as Idaho OT as the judge wasn't Jamie's coach. Stop trying to stir up drama - maybe the other contestants should have prepared better and won outright.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:52:01 01/12/18 Fri

[> [> Subject: Not sure I understand-- so the judge never coached Jamie? I'm confused by you saying that the judge might not have scored Jamie. Do all of the judges not score each girl? (Not trying to be obtuse but I've never been in the room so I honestly don't know some of the intricacies!)

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:03 01/13/18 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: Of course all the judges judge every girl. That poster's just an apologist trying to sweep it all under the rug. Pay no attention

Author:
PF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:00 01/16/18 Tue

[> Subject: So, is it possible that the ENTIRE Top 5 is incorrect? Something does not seem right.

Author:
It's On
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:46:05 01/12/18 Fri

Can a judge or judges influence an entire pageant?

[> Subject: Did Jamie compete with Deshauna at Miss VA USA?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:28 01/14/18 Sun

[> [> Subject: No she didnít. 2015 was Jamieís first year.

Author:
VA insider
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:53:38 01/15/18 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Saw the Teen and Miss just now on YouTube. The Teen is simply stunning facially (she reminds me of the actress Christine Kaufmann (who was once married to Tony Curtis)--just a stunning face. The Miss is tall, great looking figure, great hair, and extremely well spoken--but has a very "average" looking face in my view.

Author:
objective
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:04:53 01/16/18 Tue

[> Subject: Kamie has explained it on FB as to what happened. Jamie did indeed work with the pageant ready team but had no interaction with the 2 coaches who turned out to be judges. The question that is not answered is that could there be the possibility that someone in that group SPOKE to those judges and let them know they had a client to favor. We will never know but unfortuantely in my book it is guilty by association (no fault to the winner who has since updated all her postings and removed pageantready as a reference (GUILTY) but I blame Deshauna, Jules and Brooke for not being forthright with their relationship to Jamie).

Author:
in the past..smh ct usa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:37:35 01/16/18 Tue

[> [> Subject: HAHAHAH Kamie is the actual opposite of virtue. I don't ever believe a word that comes out of that girl's mouth. She's just covering his own ass, not Jamie's. Kamie could give two shits about a white girl, let alone a blonde white girl. As for Jamie, she isn't even from CT or has any ties to the place other than she wanted to state hop. Home girl is ghastly and after years of failure, she finally wins, but it's all wrapped up in conspiracy. Go take a gander at her current profile pic - it is the douchiest pic one could take. Clearly, this is the highest achievement she'll ever have. Sad. This girl isn't pretty enough and has no story. She'll be passed over easily at Miss USA. Calling it now. Unless you're the first RU, don't bother getting worked up over a clapper.

Author:
Uconn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:50:45 01/16/18 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Please don't bust my chops about this BUT when I saw the Teen I thought a young version of Natalie Glebova!!!

Author:
yep
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:26:59 01/16/18 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: I can definitely see that myself. Those cheekbones--very beautiful girl.

Author:
agree
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:07 01/19/18 Fri

[> Subject: I know of two states that have questionable ties with the winner and judging panel prior to winning their state pageant. This isn't anything new. Just another reason state see a decline in numbers

Author:
South star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:07 01/19/18 Fri

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.