VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]
Subject: NEW YORK contestants are up!

Author:
Groove
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:41:43 01/11/18 Thu

151 in Miss...wowza!
https://missnewyorkusa.com/2018-miss-contestants/
2017 Top 5'ers Shannon & Briana are back! And former IN TUSA, Bailee Zimmerman, and MO TUSA competitor, Adrienne Burfield, are also competing.

126 in Teen...wowza again!
https://missnewyorkusa.com/2018-teen-contestants/
Lots of beautiful Teens. I think there's more competition in Teen than in Miss, but that's just based on head shots.

Anyway, happy looking!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: My Top 5 in Miss are: Hannah Del Vecchio, Shannon Geraghty, Erika Hammond, Genesis Suero & Briana Siaca (Briana FTW)!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:18 01/11/18 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: So many, so hard. I always wonder how the prelim judges narrow state pageants with over 100 contestants especially in both divisions to a top 20 in both divisions. Do the prelim judges get notes on certain girls to look out for, especially in this big of a pageant?

Author:
No Joke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:56:12 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> Subject: I have no idea how to choose between them. On top of that, there are not that many known delegates. Brianna Siaca is also my favorite at first sight, but I would not be surprised if a first time stunner wins it all. Alessa will you be doing the contestant round-up this year? I would be curious to learn about their pageant past.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:05 01/11/18 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Yes, I will be, I have my picks but I need to write down comments. In Miss, I have about 7 girls who I think could win and in Teen about 9 and then a bunch of potential semifinalists, I will say that my state prefers more experienced girls in Miss or we haven't crowned a rookie since we've been under D&D so I will be surprised to see a newbie win, in Teen it's a different story so it's anybody game. I'm pretty confident in both of my winners but I'm more confident in my Miss winner I'll say that.

Author:
Alessa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:41:47 01/11/18 Thu

[> Subject: Lauren Kiedinger (1st RU to Desi Williams, MAO '15) -- Her mom was also Miss Virginia and 1st RU to Miss America

Author:
From VA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:01:22 01/11/18 Thu

[> Subject: This is a hot group! Lots of Miss USA potential here. Loving favorites like Shannon Geraghty, Kiara Gomez and Erik Hammond. But look out for surprises, I think Cheryl Campos is a Harvard grad and check out the instagram accounts of Rowena and Natalia Mayo, they have faces you can't stop looking at. Tough year for NY. Excited

Author:
NY fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:06 01/12/18 Fri

[> Subject: Though they have some beautiful teens.. N Y has been crowning the not Beautiful teens this past 2 years. Isabella for example facially she was not Beautiful and she slouches when she walks and looked too old.

Author:
JS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:54:02 01/12/18 Fri

[> Subject: I feel like rookie, Rowena Karmy, is going to take the crown this year. She is stunning on her Instagram and I feel she is the direction MUO is going plus the model look.

Author:
QueenE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:53:41 01/13/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: Just looked her up and she's stunning. Wasn't a standout with her headshot, but I completely agree about her look. Hopefully someone from the board will be at prelims today and can see how she is in person. (And this is another example of why such large states are terrible to predict, because with her headshot alone I would have never picked her out of the group!)

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:49 01/13/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: I think Rowena is facial beautiful but you can see how inexperienced she is, she needed to practice stage work more with delivering a pose without hesitation and walking tall with better posture. Next year is hers for sure!

Author:
Snowbird
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:04:22 01/13/18 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: NY

Author:
Julia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:40 01/13/18 Sat

She is Kardashian/Jenner 2.0. Very unsure on stage!! So many girls of dark haired dark eyes, pretty but very rough looking! A lot of jiggle and bounce! A couple returnees were over the top!!

[> [> [> Subject: Thanks for the review! Hopefully this year will give her the pageant bug and shell be back after some walking coaching next year. Her modeling work impressed me, though a written interview I found didnt. I watched NYs Instagram videos of the swimsuit portion and WOW, that stage was packed. What a way to compete.

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:05:10 01/13/18 Sat

[> Subject: She is STUNNING!! Just saw her video on insta. Perfect to compete with this year beautiful Teen winners.

Author:
Km
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:53:05 01/13/18 Sat

[> Subject: My mistake. I thought she was a Teen for a second. But as for Miss she is a STUNNER!!

Author:
KM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:00:49 01/13/18 Sat

[> Subject: New York seriously need to STOP taking money from contestants they know have no chance of winning. For example the obese contestants. They are so greedy and give false hope to these girls when they just want the money. Another thing they take their money and spend very little on the winners to prepare them for nationals and the prizes they give to the semifinalist suck. No one uses the useless scholarship to Lynwood. They need to make the scholarships that can be used at any university like the Miss America Organization allow.

Author:
JS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:29:11 01/13/18 Sat

[> Subject: JS you do realized people use pageants as a catalyst for other things - like overcoming a fear, increasing self empowerment, reaching a healthy lifestyle goal etc etc its not all about winning to some girls.

Author:
Snowbird
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:01:30 01/13/18 Sat

[> Subject: I am LOVING Fiona Lang! She is beautiful and we could use a little diversity in the USA class!

Author:
NYUSA12
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:43:40 01/13/18 Sat

--------

[> [> Subject: I don't see much competition there. Did you see those interview pics? I couldn't even pick a top 5 and whoever is doing their hair and makeup is awful

Author:
NY
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:25 01/13/18 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: I just looked at the photos, WOW, these girls look totally different than their headshots... As of right, out of over 100 contestants only 10 look like they could take it. Oceanside, Barnard, Astoria, North Willamsburg, Long Island, Tribeca. Spawling, Hudson Yards,Yorkville, and Melville.

Author:
USANY12
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:15:34 01/13/18 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: There hasn't been an Asian American Miss USA since...forever? She could really take it! She's gorgeous and an intelligent young woman.

Author:
__
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:34:04 01/13/18 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Referring to Barnard ^

Author:
__
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:37:49 01/13/18 Sat

[> Subject: Snowboard, I do.. However, the amount of contestants competing is ridiculous plus, the fee charged by NY. Funny, how this does not happen in the other Tristate or large states like Californina and Texas. Well, not as far as I have seen.

Author:
JS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:31 01/13/18 Sat

[> Subject: FL charged $2400

Author:
Nicole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:21:23 01/13/18 Sat

Little ridiculous...

[> Subject: I watched the entire prelims and some of the front runners fell completely flat but it did bring some great light to some others loved genesis still, some of the returners were so underwhelming but I loved Barnard too. I only watched teen for half the show but I only liked the runner up from last year.

Author:

[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:21:49 01/13/18 Sat

[> Subject: These interview pics on facebook though..... EEEEEK!! What were these girls THINKING?! How do you come looking so different from your headshot and not feel embarassed?

Author:
genuinely confused at what some of these girls are doing...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:50:38 01/13/18 Sat

ick

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.