VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: This goes waaay back yet Spain's Amparo Munoz gave an outstanding final answer upon emerging from the isolation booth. My mother, brother, & myself were watching and listening intensely -- we agreed she nailed her final question with her response winning her the crown of Miss Universe 1974. On the other side of the spectrum, California's Summer Bartholomew misunderstood the question, Bob Barker corrected her, then Summer gave a brief response to answer on point. Regardless, Summer won Miss USA 1975. (The judges must've been extremely loyal to her, overlooking her gaffe.)

Author:
JMH -- does anyone else remember this far back?!
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:05:34 01/11/18 Thu
In reply to: REALITY CHECK 's message, "Contestants who won the pageant with the final question." on 05:19:27 01/11/18 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: I do remember that far back (and farther, LOL). One thing I recall is that in those days they used to say that contestants were not judged on the content of their answers, but on their poise and grace and beauty (or something to that effect). It seems strange now, but I think it mattered less back then if you said something idiotic as long as you said *something* and smiled nicely.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:36 01/11/18 Thu

I do remember that far back (and farther, LOL). One thing I recall is that in those days they used to say that contestants were not judged on the content of their answers, but on their poise and grace and beauty (or something to that effect). It seems strange now, but I think it mattered less back then if you said something idiotic as long as you said *something* and smiled nicely.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.