VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]
Subject: I remember how Stefania used the interpreter to her advantage at MU 2009. Most other contestants who have ever used an interpreter just spill out their whole answer and hope that the interpreter will remember everything and translate correctly. But I remember how Stefania was so confident and broke up her answer into little chunks, and waited for the dude to translate each bit. She was a surprise winner to a lot of people (me included) but I think that sealed it for her.

Author:
Old timer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:59:40 01/11/18 Thu
In reply to: REALITY CHECK 's message, "Contestants who won the pageant with the final question." on 05:19:27 01/11/18 Thu

I remember how Stefania used the interpreter to her advantage at MU 2009. Most other contestants who have ever used an interpreter just spill out their whole answer and hope that the interpreter will remember everything and translate correctly. But I remember how Stefania was so confident and broke up her answer into little chunks, and waited for the dude to translate each bit. She was a surprise winner to a lot of people (me included) but I think that sealed it for her.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: keyley Sanders miss teen usa 1995..otherwise Maine would have won

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:22 01/11/18 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I could not agree more.. she definitely won it at te very end. I donít think the judges have any intention to crown another Venezuelan that year but she used the interpreter very well and the judges just split as they did not have tiime to agree on who will be the winner. Stephania probably did not receive the higher mark from any judge because they did not have intention to crown her but overall she won While half of the judges voted higher for A and the other half for B.. I love how she did not take any chance with the interpreter and at some point even point him with her mouth pushing him to translate her

Author:
Leo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:26 01/12/18 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.