VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Miss New York USA Final Hot Picks

Author:
Alessa
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:35:43 01/13/18 Sat

I haven't seen anything from the preliminaries and I'm busy so I made this very quickly but I'm so excited for my state to crown their representatives to Miss USA and Miss Teen USA this year! Here are my choices in both divisions.

Miss New York USA:

Winner - Briana Siaca - I think she’ll be like Serena Bucaj who was first runner up one year, places a little lower the next then comes back the next year and wins the crown. She looks her absolute best this year and won the preliminary Miss Long Island pageant which will give her a huge advantage.
1st Runner Up - Shannon Geraghty - She’s very experienced and I’m guessing this year will be her last year but Shannon is so striking and improved a lot when she first entered in 2016. Knowing New York and how it has been operated in Miss since D&D took over, the crown will go to either Shannon or Briana.
2nd Runner Up - Rowena Karmy - If a newbie wins I want it to be her, she has had a lot of hype on instagram and would do great under IMG. She was born in Vienna and then grew up in Amman, Jordan. She is also very artistic and athletic and such a well rounded person, I think she could be Miss New York USA 2019 because of how D&D runs their pageants but with Daescia DeMoranville winning in Rhode Island this year, I could see her stealing the crown from Shannon or Briana. If you want to get an insight on how stunning she is, her instagram is rowenakarmy and there’s a link to her interview on pageant news on her handle.
3rd Runner Up - Genesis Suero - Genesis wowed me last year with her striking beauty and is back and even more competitive. Do I think she will win this year, probably not, I think she can be even better than she already is. However, I can see the crown on her head in a few years for sure and I can definitely see her in the Top 5 this year.
4th Runner Up - Erika Hammond - Erika is kind of famous as she’s a former WWE NXT Diva and has made a fine transition to becoming a beauty queen. She embodies what it means to live a healthy lifestyle, has the notoriety that will help in the current era and she’s very stylish too.

Top 20

Chinyere Adogu - She has been competing for a while and finally placed last year and I think she can place again, her beauty is unconventional and easily stands out but I think there are stronger girls to represent New York.
Cheryl Campos - First I was impressed by her photos, she has a very striking and distinct beauty but learning that she’s a Harvard Graduate only makes her so much more impressive. I think she could do well at Miss USA.
Sibongile Chisi - I don’t know much about her but her headshot is stunning and from what I found on google of her, her beauty is very compelling as well.
Brittany Drahos - Brittany last competed a few years ago and she seems a lot more confident now. She’s not the most beautiful but she has the electric beauty that New York loves.
Kiara Gomez - Kiara is drop dead gorgeous and I was stalking her instagram and thinking that under Trump she could’ve been a sure Top fiver at Miss USA however I’m not sure if the substance is there which is why I kept her out of my top 5.
Lauren Kiedinger - She’s very naturally pretty and is experienced in MAO but this year is just too strong with so many strong newbies and strong returning veterans that I don’t think she’ll make the Top 5.
Fiona Liang - Fiona came really strong last year and she’s coming very strong again, I’m not gonna lie I can see her in the Top 5 and even winning a few years down the line but I think there are girls who could make a bigger impact nationally than she would. However, I do think if she doesn’t win, she should state hop to Connecticut, I think Carla Crawford would love her.
Natalia Mayo - Natalia is one of the most prominent contestants this year on instagram and she reminds me of Kendall Jenner in a sense. Beautywise she’s absolutely stunning and you wouldn’t guess this is her first pageant! I can easily see her in the Top 5 or even pulling a surprise win but she has a few tattoos which may hurt her but may not be much of an issue anymore.
Stevie Miles - She’s experienced in other systems and I think she’s going to surprise a lot of people this weekend. I cannot wait to see how she’s grown in the past few years and I think she could be a spoiler for Top 5.
Tina Oppedisano - Tina’s headshot really stood out to me and I found out her family owns a restaurant! Don’t know if I see a winner but I’m interested in hearing more about her!
Michelle Pierrot - She competed in Miss World America last year and is quite striking but I’m not a huge fan of her beauty. However, I do expect her to do well.
Diana Ryshkevich - Diana is another contestant who has been very active on social media about her preparation for the crown. I don’t think she’s as beautiful as some of the other contestants but she’s very spunky and is another girl whose headshot does not do her justice. I do not see her winning but placing is a possibility.
Nicole Torres - Nicole’s headshot stood out to me and in professional photos she’s a standout but I don’t know about a Top 5 placement this year just yet.
Maria Vitetzakis - Maria is actually quite experienced and was Miss Tourism USA and was a finalist in Miss NY Teen USA the year Thatiana Diaz won. I don’t know how old she is but she has potential and I see her placing and her Grecian features are to die for. However, this batch is so strong I don’t see her in the Top 5.
Bailee Zimmerman - I almost put Bailee in my Top 5 but I left her out because I don’t think the red hair does much for her, I hope she dyed it back for the pageant because I know she would make a fantastic Miss New York USA and would make huge waves at Miss USA.

Miss New York Teen USA:

Winner - Kelsey Zabawa - Kelsey has improved so much from when she was first runner up last year. She’s going to have more competition this year but she looks so much more confident than she did and she’s so naturally beautiful. I think she could be very successful at Miss Teen USA especially since she has a great backstory too.
1st Runner Up - Michelle Laino - I’m pretty sure this is Michelle’s last year of eligibility as a Teen and her results have been inconsistent throughout the year from being a clapper to a top fiver. However, she looks extremely well prepared this year and I heard she’s now a certified personal trainer which will give her an edge in active wear.
2nd Runner Up - Elizabeta Pllumbi - I’m gonna guess this is also Elizabeta’s last year of eligibility as a Teen as well. I think she’s gorgeous and it would be nice if she wins but I feel like she would do better at Miss USA than Miss Teen USA and I don’t know what she to the plate besides beauty. It will be interesting to see her take on the active wear competition though.
3rd Runner Up - Gabriella Caggiano - Gabriella is very experienced in other divisions and I have wanted to see her compete in Miss NY Teen USA for a while and I’m glad she’s finally competing! She’s a sure semifinalist at least with her experience and her headshot does not do her justice at all. I can even see her winning.
4th Runner Up - Alexa Cox - Alexa is Miss Long Island Teen who usually makes the Top 5 at Teen USA, she has improved a lot since she won her local title and although I think her Miss will more likely win the state crown she’s competitive but I don’t see her as a winner just yet.

Top 15

Madison Argandona - Madison placed in the semifinals last year and has came back a lot more polished. She’s in college now so I think it’s her last year of eligibility but I could see her in the Top 5.
Julia DiVincenzo - I haven’t seen much of her but her headshot is strong enough to say that she’s deserving of a semifinalist spot.
Alessandra Giammarino - She’s competing in the pageant alongside her cousin and she’s miles ahead of her cousin, I haven’t seen much of her but I think she’s very pretty and could pull an upset.
Saige Guerin - I haven’t seen much of her but her headshot was one of the strongest in my opinion and her other photos were nice too that I saw which is enough for me to put her in my Top.
Kealee Hohmann - Kealee is another potential top fiver, she competed in Miss Long Island Teen and is stunning but has tough competition.
Jenna Hofmann - Not a huge fan of her but she made the semifinals last year so she has to have something special! I am interested to see how she’s transformed for this year.
Madeline Manfredi - I almost placed Madeline in my Top 5, her headshot doesn’t say much but I found her Facebook and she’s stunning and I think capable of a huge surprise.
Ellen Mangra - What I love about New York is the diversity of the contestants and I’m so glad I live there especially when girls like Ellen who are so exotic compete. It’s like a mini Miss Universe almost and I think Ellen could be in the Top 5 from what I’ve seen.
Isabella Sapio - Could it be Isabella two years in a row? Maybe, her headshot is very nice and she’s experienced too so I expect her to do well.
Gianna Sparacino - Another girl I almost put in my Top 5, she’s absolutely stunning and I think she could even win it all.

Thank you so much for reading and who are your favorites?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Great notes! But if you watched prelims your entire lineup would change. Plus to the girls you recommended to come back another year -some are aging out!

Author:
—snowbird
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:52:58 01/13/18 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: There's no livestream so I couldn't and I couldn't attend the pageant this year but this is just on my prior knowledge of the girls and photos and who is aging out? I'm pretty sure Shannon is either this year or next year but who else?

Author:
Alessa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:02:02 01/13/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: Thanks Alessa. I checked all the girls you mentioned, following this huge pageant after your round-up is easier and more fun!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:10:07 01/14/18 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: how is it that there is no news of who won?

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:19:57 01/14/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: The finals are today, on Sunday. Yesterday, on Saturday, only prelims took place.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:33:43 01/14/18 Sun

[> Subject: I didn't care for Briana Siaca this year or Shannon Gerard. Briana has harsh features and is short. Erica Hammond looks old and has a harsh look to her. Genesis is sooo tiny. Many girls look attractive on stage but very different up close! Shannon was wayyy over the top, it personally annoyed me. Rowena is cute but looked list! Also, I was standing right next to her, and up close was not impressed. I also saw Bailee up close and that girl is beautiful! Her hair didn't scream red at all, really pretty! Like someone said on here, the front runners fell flat. If a dark haired dark eyed is crowned, they will be cancelled out at USA. There's Nevada, Texas, Hawaii ..... so many resemble each other!

Author:
Julia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:30:52 01/14/18 Sun

[> [> Subject: Thanks for your toes this was really insightful! I'm so glad to hear Bailee's hair didn't look red, if that's the case then I think she'll be hard to beat. I thought in her headshots it looked red and it didn't do her justice and made her look older than she is but I'm glad to hear she looked great and think she could do well at USA! What did you think of girls like Cheryl Campos, Sibongile Chisi & Natalia Mayo?

Author:
Alessa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:31:00 01/14/18 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Natalie, imo, just isn't facially that attractive, very strange nose. Cheryl is tall and skinny, just okay , really only stood out because of her height. The other girl, I don't remember at all, sorry! And I agree about Bailee's picture. I think it's a pretty pic, but it does not do her justice! I loved her performance, very classy and elegant and thought that she's my winner. Then when I saw her up close at the meet and greet I was stunned at how beautiful she really is! She'd be a force at Miss USA! Put it this way....if NY doesn't put the crown on her head, she should get to Nevada ASAP! I could only imagine what Shanna and Bailee could do together!! LOL!!

Author:
Julia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:03:58 01/14/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Ah okay, I think the crown is Bailee's to lose then because under D&D New York has not crowned a rookie once and she has the electric type of beauty New York loves and she'd be a sure frontrunner at USA. I also think Fiona Liang will be in the Top 5 this year, I saw a clip of her performance and she looked great, I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls an upset and wins either, she's very good friends with Hannah Lopa and could do well under IMG. Rowena Karmy's gown looked disappointing from the photo I saw but she looked beautiful.

Author:
Alessa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:50:39 01/14/18 Sun

[> Subject: Unfortunately Stevie isn’t actually competing this year! Her headshot was posted but she withdrew a while ago, just an error on the website. Shame, because I agree with your assessment of her.

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:21:50 01/14/18 Sun

[> [> Subject: And fun fact, Stevie actually spent a year as Hannah’s Miss in the Intercontinental system when Gaspar ran it. It would have been something to see her former teen sister crown her.

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:23:11 01/14/18 Sun

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.