VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: LATEST!! OSMEL SOUZA RESIGNS AS PRESIDENT OF MISS VENEZUELA!!

Author:
TST . . .
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:40:28 02/06/18 Tue

It is still not known the reason for his resignation but speculation lies in his advanced age and poor health. Another possibility is the dire social, political and economic situation that is affecting Venezuela at this time. Many of the best and brightest have emigrated to other countries. It could be that Osmel is ready to move to Miami where he already co-owns a beauty academy. Of course, venezuelan missologists are in shock of this news but remain hopeful that this won't affect the good results and prestige that the Miss Venezuela Organization enjoys internationally.

Best to Osmel Souza and may venezuelan beauty queens continue to prosper and thrive like they always have under his tutelage and beyond!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: It was also posted on IG that Denise Lowry will no longer have the Puerto Rico Universe license for 2018

Author:
what is going on?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:27 02/06/18 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Maybe they've realized they no longer have the winning formula. How can someone from Venezuela just move to Miami? Does he have dual citizenship? Is he a green card holder? Most countries only allow citizens to own property so this is interesting.

Author:
imo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:08:59 02/06/18 Tue

[> [> Subject: Doral in Miami-Dade has been inundated with venezuelan citizens for years now. If you buy property in some states in the US there is a special visa you apply to and can get your green card in 4 months. This is why the Miami-Dade real estate market has been booming for years due to foreign investors, many from Latin countries.

Author:
Aaaa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:44:03 02/06/18 Tue

[> [> Subject: Osmel lives in Miami and goes back and forth to Venezuela during pageant season. He has a big team supporting him so I don´t think much will change in the training of their candidates as his vision and legacy has been passed to his staff for years now. It does seem however that he resigned due to contract/salary issues with Cisneros Media which ownes the MV competition and the franchise for MU.

Author:
Aaaa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:46:52 02/06/18 Tue

[> [> Subject: Rumor has it that he is already in negotiations with another TV channel to maybe work with them for Miss World Venezuela, although it is just a rumor. It was also rumored that he may go to Colombia and work with CNB as they have a better budget and resources for their beauty pageant. Many venezuelans are fleeing to Colombia, including Estefania Fernandez who is now a colombian citizen.

Author:
Aaaa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:50:22 02/06/18 Tue

[> [> Subject: I think it may be due to age, Osmel looks younger but is actually 71 y.o., I would not be surprised if he chose to have a simple, less stressful life in Miami. Despite so many controversial things that he said and did in the past, I cannot help but like him. I don't think VE pageantry record is in danger without him, there are many people that could continue their excellent tradition in pageantry.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:55:47 02/06/18 Tue

[> Subject: Osmel has been living in Miami for almost 20 years now. He just comes back and forth and during the past years he hardly had anything to do with his girls except making the final decisions. There is a team in charge of these girls. He stepped down due to his age (he is old and is health is deteriorating). He also makes so much money as pageant consultant and with the NBL franchise that he didnt really need to continue, he left a legacy in the pageant world, so I dont know why some people are treating this as a "scandal", he said he wanted to bow out while he is still big.

Author:
L.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:40:30 02/07/18 Wed

[> Subject: According to “El Nacional” Osmel is moving to Kenya in order to support the organisation that send the country representative to Miss Universe.. you will be missed Osmel

Author:
Jim Jones
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:53:25 02/09/18 Fri

[> Subject: Osmel is rumored to train Binibining Pilipinas winners.

Author:
Boylet Blas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:20:03 02/10/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: Definitely not, I don't think he'd move that far to train filipino beauty queens. There's even a video in which he said that Pia did not deserve to be MU, his favorite that year was Miss Colombia!

Author:
Getting the facts straight
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:24 02/10/18 Sat

[> Subject: There are so many kind thoughts and well wishes posted here for this man. With that thought in mind, I won't resort to negativity. His history with Miss Venezuela is no less than impressive. But, I can't help but acknowledge that Osmel is a horrible person.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:02:37 02/10/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: Osmel is a beautiful person inside out. Few people know that he has two charity organisati9ns to help Cubans and Venezuelans. His organisations have helped lot of people in those countries. I read in an interview where he said that it was him who forced Patricia Velasquez to create the wayu foundation to look after so many indigenous in need. He is the mastermind of the charity works the Miss Venezuela Organisation does. Someone is the sweetest latín guy and it’s not nice of you trying to bad mouthing someone so full of virtues and qualities

Author:
Jose Gregorio Araujo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:30:05 02/11/18 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Jose Gregorio Araujo, get a grip on life with your ultra-sensitive self. I would hardly say that I was "bad mouthing" Osmel. Moreover, this thread is not a EULOGY for Osmel. I held back on my disdain for him by simply stating that I THINK he is a horrible person. That does not make it fact; only my opinion. I was ok with you rebutting my claim by submitting a story about his charities. But, seriously, it appears that you idolize the man. And/or, you are in defensive mode of Venezuela. Either way, it's sad.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:31:21 02/11/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Most of national directors are people with one or the other personality trait that most people would dislike. When I think of Lupita Jones, Ines Ligron, Madame de Fontenay, Julia Morley, I think of self-absorbed people that do not always treat others well... Osmel falls in that category too, though there is a certain straightforwardness about him that I like... as nasty as he can be, at least he is quite real, as opposed to let's say, Julia Morley... who comes off fake and phony.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:11:41 02/11/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Now, that's a comment I can respect. I get what you're saying, HawtPlusSeksi.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:54 02/11/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: You described him PERFECTLY lol. He can come off real nasty and rude, but he's really 100%. He's known for asking girls who try out for Miss V if they had mirrors at home or family that loved them enough to tell them the truth; but, the girls that he trained say he was like a father, blunt, but caring and supportive.

Author:
Osmel also voiced his support for the current U.S. president with 0 f*cks, but he didn't mean it as a political statement, but rather coming from his personal experience interacting with him in the past. But Osmel worked hard and diligently and no one can deny that.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:07 02/11/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: real* 100%

Author:
He's just retiring though. People should stop making rumors.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:09:39 02/11/18 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: And a known racist.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:24 02/11/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Co-sign.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:00:35 02/11/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Carolina Indriago would co sing that statement as well ... ???

Author:
As if we have seen only white and blondes wearing the MV sash
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:50:22 02/13/18 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Who is she singing with? Did this duo's tune top the charts? (Insert over-the-top eye roll here).

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:44:38 02/13/18 Tue

[> Subject: People.. he retired because he is old and very sick, has had some serious health problems for quite a while and can hardly move by himself. Creating rumors that he will train girls from other countries is nothing short of ridiculous (specially since he was checking out the Venezuelan queens like twice a year)

Author:
Gee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:36:46 02/11/18 Sun

[> Subject: WoW I cant believe this

Author:
Alan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:32 02/12/18 Mon

[> Subject: I read in one Venezuelan beauty pageant IG page that he retired because the MU franchise will no longer be with Venevision but with a rival network. As a sign of loyalty to the Cisneros who owns Venevision, he decided to leave MVO instead of working with the new owners of the MU franchise.

Author:
But of course, take this with a grain of salt. Anyone can just cook stories and post in social media. And I am not very fluent in Spanish so some thoughts may be lost in translation.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:55:28 02/12/18 Mon

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.