VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]
Subject: Miss World America Director steps down

Author:
Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:16:04 02/06/18 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Made it less than a year.

Author:
Irving
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:18:35 02/07/18 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Any reason given for the resignation?

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:35:18 02/07/18 Wed

[> [> Subject: She said it was a wonderful experience, but she has chosen to pursue other opportunities.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:02 02/07/18 Wed

[> Subject: This pageant had so much potential over the years. And it always ends in failure. When there is this much change, it may not recover in the USA. Its too unstable

Author:
washington mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:14:45 02/07/18 Wed

[> Subject: As much as I enjoy the Miss USA/TEEN USA and Miss Universe pageants I'd love to own the Miss World America franchise, but at the moment money and time are not my friend, lol, but it would be so rewarding I think to run be the director, even though Miss World isn't that big here in the United States, it would be nice to cross overs and the such. I think there could be plenty of crossovers between USA/TEEN USA/MAO to a well run Miss World USA/America.

Author:
No Joke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:42 02/07/18 Wed

[> Subject: Cannot blame her. Being a pageant director has got to be the worst job in the world. Hardly make any $$, then you have to deal with the sore losers who complain it was fixed (because them losing is everybody's fault except their own), then deal with state directors who dont want to pay or say it is rigged, then having to deal with a titleholder all year round who will keep breaking the contract or posting photos with non-sponsors, and then having your girl bomb at internationals getting nasty backlash that you suck as a director. I think she made the best choice.

Author:
Thing is, in today's world pageants no longer have a purpose
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:14 02/07/18 Wed

[> [> Subject: Can I please frame this response... this is exactly what directors go through each year, especially those that have titleholders that feel as though everything is supposed to be handed to them

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:22:34 02/09/18 Fri

[> Subject: I really hope someone will take over this franchise & be able to/choose to keep it. Miss World is one of the largest, oldest pageants and it's a shame we can't get a consistent US director.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:42 02/07/18 Wed

[> [> Subject: Is it true Grant Gravitt is the new director?

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:57:35 02/07/18 Wed

?

[> Subject: I think IMG should acquire the franchise rights and send the first runner-up, as was done in the 80ís and early 90ís. With the direction IMG is taking Miss Universe, it should fit right in with Miss World standards. In recent years, IMG enjoys a story, which fits right in with MWO Beauty with a Purpose.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:10 02/07/18 Wed

[> [> Subject: Would Julia Morley want that? Also, withIMG not getting it right past two years, it would be easy to convert USA girls over. But who can afford a national pageant?

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:06 02/07/18 Wed

[> Subject: Especially since Miss World is known as who does Julia Morely handpick the winner of Miss World. Common knowledge her judges panel is just for show.

Author:
IHP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:17:53 02/08/18 Thu

[> [> Subject: Handpicking a winner or at least finalists is the last thing national directors have to worry. Julia's personality is more of a problem.... I would not be surprised if E. Safrit gave up because of that. How many times did the US franchisee change since the days of GuyRex? 8 or 9 times? I would not recommend anyone touching MW franchise for as long as Julia heads the MW org.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:01:34 02/08/18 Thu

[> Subject: Now would be the perfect opportunity for the Miss America Organization to obtain the Miss World franchise and send their winner to Miss World. Both pageants follow a similar program and share similar values.

Author:
MAO, do not miss out on this opportunity!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:49:53 02/09/18 Fri

[> [> Subject: MAO really has no need or reason to do this, but, yes, I've often wished they would. It's not a bad match after all.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:29 02/09/18 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.