VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: If the pageant listened to us, the telecast would mirror 1978's and everyone here would be thrilled, but the network would have no takers next year. To be successful, the show has to attract an 18-24 year old audience. A reality show with 1978 production values will be a laughing stock.

Author:
IMG is trying to save this pageant from the fans for the fans
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:23:35 02/12/18 Mon
In reply to: CrownedKing 's message, "At this point, we're practically beating a dead horse because it seems as though MUO doesn't even care to listen to what we think works best for the telecast(s) but here goes... 1) Put on an actual production! Be creative with the set design!! We've basically been looking at the same stage since Miss Universe 2015 and it has become SO tired. The last couple of Miss USA pageants have been so boring and that would explain why the ratings continue to tank. 2) Pacing is important. SLOW DOWN. We do not need for the 1st contestant in the lineup to be entering the stage before the other contestants have even exited the stage...and give each girl time to actually pose at the end of the runway. The Miss Universe SS and EG segments were so sloppy and rushed. TWO hours will suffice for a pageant telecast. 3) Most importantly, be FAIR! Axe the continents idea that was poorly executed at Miss Universe, it was bullsh** and so unfair to the contestants who placed in the top 15 on their own merit." on 02:52:32 02/12/18 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: I totally get that. But I'm not sure it's working anyway. Ratings continue to decline and pageants continue to become more and more of a niche. To me, the best way to save pageants may be to go in the other direction and stay "pure." That would at least appeal to the existing fan base.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:13:48 02/12/18 Mon

I totally get that. But I'm not sure it's working anyway. Ratings continue to decline and pageants continue to become more and more of a niche. To me, the best way to save pageants may be to go in the other direction and stay "pure." That would at least appeal to the existing fan base.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.