VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: VOTING FOR MR.USB 2018 IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !

Author:
Qban
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:14:10 03/01/18 Thu

The candidates (in alphabetical order) are as follows:

Thom Brodeur-Kazanjian
Craig Carroll
Yaseen Kotwal
Michael Rader
Geoff Tucker

Please submit your vote for the 5 candidates as follows:
Winner -
1RU-
2RU-
3RU -
4RU -

Please submit your votes no later than Midnight ET on March 10, 2018 at www.VOY.COM/213733/
(VOY Board is moderated so your vote will be private and cannot be seen by others).

IMPORTANT:
- ONE VOTE PERSON (PLEASE USE YOUR VOY HANDLE NAME OR YOUR PERSONAL USB FACEBOOK GROUP ACCOUNT NAME WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR VOTE). DUPLICATE VOTES WILL NOT COUNT. YOU SHOULD HAVE POSTED ON VOY or THE USB FACEBOOK GROUP WITHIN THE PAST 2 MONTHS.

Thanks for participating ! Good luck gentlemen!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Now that we have the names of the contestants, can we have the photos and bios to go with the names? I want to vote, but have no idea who they are!

Author:
future Mr. USB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:06:28 03/01/18 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: This is so weird. No campaigning or bios. Just straight to voting. Obviously none who are running are interested intruly having the title or doing anything with it. Where is the passionand good spirited funthat this contest used to have. This is as much fun as filling outa census for to report on how many toilets your house has

Author:
I am done withthis USB nonsense
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:48:30 03/01/18 Thu

[> [> Subject: I'm assuming the campaigning and bios is happening over on the Facebook group. It is indeed a bit bizarre to open the voting on this board since we have no basis to know who these guys are. It's all very strange.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:35:22 03/01/18 Thu

I'm assuming the campaigning and bios is happening over on the Facebook group. It is indeed a bit bizarre to open the voting on this board since we have no basis to know who these guys are. It's all very strange.

[> Subject: Who is Inoshishi again?

Author:
John James
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:53:54 03/02/18 Fri

[> Subject: Hi guys. Craig ( inoshishi) here. The campaigning was a bit low key this year but we have had a lot of great posts particularly from Thom and Michael. Both are heavily involved in pageantry Tom in Utah and I think Arizona. Michael in West Virginia. They both seem like wonderful people who would make great Mr USBs. Yaseen posted here for years as SADude and has been a regular contributer and gives us great updates about what is happening in South Africa. We'd love to have you over at the FBook group and I have encouraged our regulars to start posting here again too. I believe that this year we will see a lot more activity here.

Author:
Inoshishi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:55:55 03/02/18 Fri

[> Subject: Lots of campaigning on the facebook board. I would suspect that is because of two reasons. 1) Its very easy to post pics/videos on facebook. Its not easy on this site. 2) Seriously, who wants to campaign on this message board. All that would do is open them up to relentless ridicule and torment from anonymous computer warriors. No thanks. If you have any interest in voting, and really want to get to know the guys, its not hard to go to the facebook group to help make up your mind. Good luck to all Mr. USB XI candidates.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:40:28 03/02/18 Fri

[> [> Subject: Well I plan on voting for the Craig aka Inoshini guy because hes the only one who has come here. The last and only time I voted was for you so before you cast a sweeping generalization, we anonymous are not all jerks.

Author:
now remind me how I vote
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:38:28 03/02/18 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I never generalized all anonymous posters. I do, however, go after the anonymous trolls who attack and relentlessly bash contestants from behind their computer screen. If you are not one of these said trolls, my comments are not directed at you. I'm sorry if you categorized yourself in that group! There is nothing wrong with being anonymous and friendly. But truthfully, its much more fun to post with a registered handle.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:53:49 03/06/18 Tue

[> [> Subject: I feel that the guys who come to this board to campaign for Mr. USB are respected and treated well. A few people may post some rude comments but overall we just want to get to know the guys and their stories. I think it takes a lot of courage to come here and campaign and it is very much appreciated. last year I appreciated the fact that GAJ shared his issues with his mental health struggles. I identified with him, I voted for him and he won. I've been voting for Mr. USB for only a few years and I don't remember anyone being tormented or ridiculed relentlessly. If a guy can handle a few rude comments with grace and poise, then he would make a great Mr. USB. Just let us know who you are and what you're all about.

Author:
Good Luck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:39:32 03/02/18 Fri

[> Subject: I'm voting for Craig/Inoshishi because he's the only one that had the balls to come here and introduce himself. He wins my vote by default since I have no clue who these other guys even are. Btw, they know about this board and their silence here is defeaning. I don't care how involved they are in pageantry, if you can't even reach out to this community then you don't deserve the title of Mr. USB.

Author:
Honey Badger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:08 03/02/18 Fri

[> [> Subject: Totally agree with you!

Author:
Good Luck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:39:59 03/02/18 Fri

[> Subject: Could you post their screen names/handles next to their real names so we know who's who, or have these people never come to this board? Not sure if it's worth participating by voting this time if this is a title named after the USB board but none of these people (except one who coincidentally stopped by recently to post when the contest was announced) are here.

Author:
Broccoli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:33:10 03/03/18 Sat

[> Subject: Geoff Tucker is Starshiner and has or had rather is a skilled pageant tape trader. He is very knowledgeable about pageants and even posted on the first American Beauty Board, back in the day. He keeps to himself alot, but he I swear to you all that he is a faithful fan and always has been. I am proud to call him my friend.

Author:
IHP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:13:17 03/03/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: You go girl!!! Starshiner for 2018

Author:
Meh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:28:21 03/03/18 Sat

[> Subject: Dairy Queen for the win!!!!!!!

Author:
Flip Flop Fly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:51 03/03/18 Sat

[> Subject: I have posted on this board since days of Chelsea Cooley but I don't have a handle nor do I have a Facebook account. Are you saying this means I can't vote?

Author:
why not rely on IP addresses?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:37:38 03/04/18 Sun

[> Subject: Mr. USB

Author:
Thom Brodeur-Kazanjian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:24:36 03/05/18 Mon

Hi there. New to this Voy board. I've been an observer over the years, but haven't posted much as I wasn't sure about the protocol. So, if I make any rookie mistakes on this Board, please forgive me.

Thom Brodeur-Kazanjian here. I am one of the candidates for Mr. USB this year, and wanted to introduce myself so that I could meet some of you.

Been around the pageant business for nearly 30 years. 48 years old, married, have a teenage son, a bunch of weiner dogs and a really cool Mom. I live and work in Scottsdale, AZ. Have been a contestant coach, stylist and brand builder (hobbyist) since nearly the beginning. I'm a former state director from the Miss World America system. I've judged dozens of local, state and a few national pageants in the America, USA/Teen USA, United States and other systems. I've been a state sponsor and telecast underwriter, and a national sponsor for the Miss USA & Teen USA systems.

I've prepped and sent more than a few young women to nationals - a handful of whom have come back as semifinalists or finalists.

I've been a lifelong advocate of the power of pageantry as a platform for launching women's careers in entertainment, the media, politics and corporate leadership. I've experienced the good, the bad, the ugly and a few things in between. And I still love what we all love about this business - seeing young women have an opportunity to fundamentally change the course of their lives, and to learn and grow.

Most recently as the CEO of Yandy.com - I was the guy who brought one-piece and monokini swimsuits back to the swimsuit competition after more than a decade. I hope you liked them. :)

Looking forward to interacting more here. And, if you participate in the Mr. USB effort, would appreciate your vote!

Thom

[> [> Subject: Thanks Thom. Good luck.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:55:43 03/06/18 Tue

[> Subject: Hi guys. Im one of the Mr USB candidates. You may remember me as Zero Defect, I also used the handle DudeInSA. I loved this board but am disappointed at the hatred spewed against so many people, which is why I havent visited here in ages. I will post more, but you guysssss need to be a little nice LOL. All of you can apply on the Facebook page to see us. The folks there are often opinionated, but in a very decent way. I miss this board too. We can ALL restore it to its former glory if everyone just has a little respect for others. Cheers and peace out :-)

Author:
Yaseen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:16:04 03/09/18 Fri

[> [> Subject: Wish you'd visited earlier. I already voted and not knowing who you were or anything about you I ranked you last. I would have known Zero Defect though. I have no desire to be on Facebook and it shouldn't be demanded or required.

Author:
good luck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:30 03/09/18 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Thats ok. I agree with you. But it has become unbearable for a lot of the regulars as they are often mocked at, laughed at or ridiculed. So its kinda a catch 22. I entered for fun, so its no big deal. :-) I made the Top 5 without even trying LOL.

Author:
Zero Defect (not signed in, coz i forgot my password haha)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:33:24 03/09/18 Fri

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.