VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Miss Universe Philippines 2018 is CATRIONA GRAY!

Author:
Jeffrey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:40:11 03/18/18 Sun

[img]https://i.imgur.com/YW3s6S3.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JVwSajy.jpg[/img]

What do you think her chances are at this year's Miss Universe pageant?

Last edited by author: Sun March 18, 2018 13:49:34   Edited 1 time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Deserving. I think we just saw the new Miss Universe 2018 being crowned.

Author:
WOW!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:41:54 03/18/18 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Catriona brought it. She's had many naysayers, but the way she competed tonight and all through the long Binibining events and mini competitions, she brought it. So happy for Jehza Mae Huelar for winning the Binibining Pilipinas Supranational crown too!!!

Author:
No Joke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:02:56 03/18/18 Sun

[> Subject: Catriona is currently my frontrunner for this year's title. Top 5 for sure! I like her so much more than when she appeared at Miss World, as I disliked her performance and appearance there. She looked more natural and at ease. Good luck to her.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:10:36 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> Subject: I meant to say, I like her much more today than when she competed at Miss World.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:11:18 03/18/18 Sun

[> Subject: Her presentation is Miss Universe caliber and very articulate. She'll be Miss universe frontrunner for sure.❤️

Author:
Great Job!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:45 03/18/18 Sun

[> Subject: I like how Cat donned a hair/earpiece on the right ear that represented the Philippines flag.

Author:
Nice Touch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:07 03/18/18 Sun

[> Subject: I am already accepting that she will win Miss Universe.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:16:17 03/18/18 Sun

[> Subject: Catriona is one of the most beautiful Miss Philippines ever to compete at MU.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:10:46 03/18/18 Sun

[> Subject: She has horrible body proportions and there something fake about her personality. She is going to flop she a robot like Marco Rubio when you take her out of her scrip she falls into pieces. I also fell like the Philippines gets a free pass into the top 15 every years just because of the fans

Author:
sincere
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:08:51 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> Subject: if you think IMG cares about body proportions you are dreaming.

Author:
john
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:17:35 03/18/18 Sun

[> Subject: Homegirl is gonna win the whole shebang.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:40 03/18/18 Sun

[> Subject: So another white girl huh?

Author:
Miss Whitey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:36 03/18/18 Sun

[> Subject: She's beautiful. But let's be clear here. This woman, representing an Asian nation, is 1/2 Australian (1/4 Scottish) via immigration. It does seem the Philippines likes to outsource their beauty queens, with whitewashed winners. Probably wouldn't be an issue if it didn't seem to happen so often.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:30:27 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> Subject: So what’s USA’s excuse for whitewashing?

Author:
C
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:16:36 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Uh, the vast majority of the USA is white. Therefore, no real whitewashing though historically women of color were kept from competing, but no longer.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:16:18 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: “No real whitewashing”....haha. You must be stuck in your own little world with no cultural experience. Have you ever heard of globalization? Also tell any non-white American what you just stated, and you will be laughed at.

Author:
C
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:37:30 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: If one of her set of Parents is Filipino..it is considered Filipino (no matter she is halfie or mixed)..Philippine constitution will never discriminate any people based on their lineage, color etc..I hope your country practiced such Laws too ?

Author:
Come On.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:34:28 03/19/18 Mon

[> [> Subject: Um so? Might as well get the best of the best. Who cares if she’s indigenous, Martian, or a furry little baby cat, she’s still an awesome choice.

Author:
Get use to it.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:54:00 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: If Miss USA was won annually by women who are 1/2 Asian, eyebrows would be raised. Of course, if Asian features are what the people of Miss USA want, then they can get that year after year. What I'm sayin is, for a country to repeatedly send representatives that are very obviously not physical representations of their population, it's OK but let's call a spade a spade. The Philippines pageant brass feels they can win with women who don't look Filippino.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:15:06 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Well she doesn't look Australian, thats for damn sure.

Author:
ChaCha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:24:35 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: So mixed race girls need not compete? Only America can benefit from being mixed race?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:35:30 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: That poster was the Only person making this ruling..as if other countries are not sending mixed breeds before and at present ? #Threatened.MucH

Author:
just silly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:56:37 03/19/18 Mon

[> [> Subject: So? She won not because she’s a halfie but because she was really the best last night. You should watch and maybe you’d realize that we don’t crown halfies just because.

Author:
Rob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:47 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> Subject: But Catriona's Mom is a Typical dusky/ brown Filipina..

Author:
Stop being Racist!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:40:18 03/19/18 Mon

[> Subject: So excited! I'm freaking out she won! She is so beautiful and smart!!

Author:
Yes yes YES
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:51:58 03/18/18 Sun

[> [> Subject: I was away for the whole weekend and have not seen any pics or videos yet, but I am excited, Catriona is a great rep, yes... she is another half white girl in an overwhelmingly Asian country, but as pageant delegate, she is a great choice for sure and could be one of the best Miss Universe winners.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:37:27 03/18/18 Sun

[> Subject: Too Soon to Proclaim a Winner

Author:
Noreen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:44 03/19/18 Mon

How many more representatives have yet to be chosen before the next Miss Universe contest in November? It’s far too early to start hyping her as the next Miss Universe. She is a very pretty girl and a step up from the last couple of representatives for the Philippines.

[> [> Subject: But we All she's a Frontrunner come Miss Universe 2018 !

Author:
Hmm.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:11 03/21/18 Wed

[> Subject: I watched some videos, she slayed the competition. Add to that articulate and stunning, Miss Universe is heating up. She won't leave my top 5...

Author:
John James
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:22:52 03/19/18 Mon

[> Subject: I've always favored her, and I think she will be one of a handful of frontrunners at Miss Universe. But I think its wayyyyyyy too soon to put the crown on her head already.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:24:47 03/19/18 Mon

[> Subject: Let's wait for Brazil and Colombia. If we follow the trend, Brazil may be close to getting a crown. Colombia will be appointing a candidate. Names floating around seem like they are sending a strong candidate (definitely stronger than the mouth they sent last year).

Author:
Thailand also seem to be very keen in getting their third crown. They are riding on a three-peat placement, and I'm sure they would give all their might to secure a fourth one.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:08:05 03/19/18 Mon

[> [> Subject: Love Catriona. But if Colombia decides to appoint this girl Camila, the competition will be brutal. her insta: @camiavellam

Author:
Ben
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:14:25 03/19/18 Mon

[> [> Subject: Funny how we have to wait for Brazil and Colombia, we what about USA?

Author:
John James
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:22:01 03/20/18 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: I think we don't have to wait for USA, coz no matter who she is, she'll most likely get a placement. So yeah, I'd say wait for Colombia and Brazil

Author:
Miss Distrito Federal Brazil is very lovely
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:35 03/26/18 Mon

[> Subject: Not suprised Catriona Gray won Philippines. That country loves to crown foreign born girls with White fathers. Catriona is also the first delegate from the Philippines that will have competed at both Miss World and Miss Universe as far as I'm aware.

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:18:17 03/19/18 Mon

[> [> Subject: Probably because there is a huge issue with Asian women not liking Asian men so this is seen as goals.

Author:
sad self-hate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:42:45 03/20/18 Tue

[> Subject: To the people talking about race.....STFU. Who cares what color the contestant is. Y'all wanna be technical? How about we complain about the lack of indigenous winners in the USA? Moot point? Exactly. It is stupid as hell. It is 2018. Quit focusing on the ethnic makeup of some girl that don't even live in your country. Are you all an expert of the Philippines or something?

Author:
Ian Sebastin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:01:37 03/19/18 Mon

[> [> Subject: my husband is filipino. When I asked if he wanted to see a photo of the new Miss Philippines, he asked me what country she's from because it's not the Philippines, just like all their winners.

Author:
those were his words. Everyone knows, you wanna win Miss Philippines? You gotta have some non-Filipino in you because the pageant feels the more you don't resemble Filipinos the more likely you are to win
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:47:48 03/20/18 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Dear Catriona doesn't look caucasian..she looks mixed or a Eurasian since her Dad is Scottish..She still look Asian having slanted eyes. #MixedBeauty

Author:
That's it!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:39:42 03/21/18 Wed

[> Subject: Ok so anyone who knows me knows I loved Karen, Michele and Aya - any of them as my 'first' choice. Cat will do well at Universe. From what I heard (I didn't watch the pageant) she was the runaway performance of the night. So... congrats Cat! See you at the end of the year (ish) :)

Author:
Thom Brodeur-Kazanjian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:13 03/20/18 Tue

[> Subject: She looks like a Filipina to me. I showed it to my coworkers to tell me what nationality, majority said Filipino, with five others saying she looks Malaysian, Thai, or Indonesian. No whitey here.

Author:
Statistics at Work
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:21:32 03/20/18 Tue

[> [> Subject: and you show them Obama's pic I'm sure they'd also say "no whitey here". Do you even know how stupid that sounds?!

Author:
PH has a self-hate problem
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:33 03/20/18 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Well actually yeah. Even though everyone knows he's half white, he is in they eyes of the majority Black. Never have I Heard the first mixed president, Always the first Black President.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:21:51 03/21/18 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: When they see Obama they say black.

Author:
STFU
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:52:48 03/21/18 Wed

[> Subject: I read somewhere from a Shreveport newspaper that the teens may be the 17th or 18th on REELZ?

Author:
That would be nice to be seen on TV!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:04:00 03/21/18 Wed

[> [> Subject: https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/2018/03/21/miss-usa-2018-expected-have-large-economic-social-media-impact/445412002/

Author:
Unfortunately I don't get Reelz - But good for them
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:44:30 03/21/18 Wed

[> Subject: I see her as being a very strong contender for the crown. Definitely will be one of the front runners. Her strengths are her personality and speaking ability, aside from a very attractive face. Her weakness is her body. She's thick in the middle, but MU doesn't put as much emphasis on fitness anymore, as we've seen the last couple of years. Personally, I don't like her look now as much as when she competed in Miss World. She's had work done to her teeth and it appears that she's undergone a nose job as well, as it seems to have a higher profile now (points up more). On the plus side she has done a lot of social work, something the new owners of MU are looking for. She could win.

Author:
TST . . .
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:28:33 03/23/18 Fri

[> Subject: Yes, she can win. She has a legit charitable foundation for her backstory, she has the hair farouk wants, she has the face that IMG wants. BUT it seems she will not win. Poor girl. Everything seems to go against her. Like past filipina beauty queens are up in arms about her. Even Pia's team seems to be in "crown blocking" mode aimed at her. The latinos doesnt need to send wrecking crew to bring her down this year. Pinoys themselves seem to be headed to implosion. The only saving grace for this girl if Philippines host this year's pageant. The fans will rally for her. We might see a Denise Quinones win. Waiting for Paraguay's Stephania Stegman to be crowned or Genisis Davila for a challenger.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:03 03/23/18 Fri

Last edited by author: Fri March 23, 2018 17:20:12   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: I saw that!! and its sad that Pia would be so extra to badmouth Catriona to the MUO and tell everybody that she is not a worthy queen, etc. They do NOT get along. But as far as pageants go, Catriona is 100,000,000 times better, prettier, more eloquent and more stunning than Pia, who actually looks like her cleaning lady.

Author:
There, I said it. I always thought Pia was sweet but now everybody is seeing her thru colours
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:39:24 03/23/18 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I follow pageants here in the Philippines and I have not heard of this. Pia has been virtually silent post hosting since she's been promoting her movie, but prior to the pageant, Catriona was one of her faves together with Michele Gumabao (google the articles). It's Pia's camp, not Pia herself, that has distanced themselves from Cat since she's independent. But I've not seen their prominent owners badmouth anyone.

Author:
MT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:45 03/23/18 Fri

X

[> [> [> Subject: You are making up your own stories...no truth to your myth of Pia badmouthing Catriona. Prior to the finals night, Pia was vocal about Cat and Michele as deserving winners.

Author:
- you are living in fantasy land
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:40:03 03/25/18 Sun

[> Subject: Our Miss Universe 2018!

Author:
Great Jo! Philippines
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:29 03/23/18 Fri

[> Subject: She is my Miss Universe 2018 as well PENDING the other coming candidates....

Author:
Paul Kincade
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:38:35 03/24/18 Sat

[> Subject: I really like PHILIPPINES this year. She is in my Top 5 right now. But honestly I have her a notch behind both VIETNAM and THAILAND

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:04:12 03/27/18 Tue

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.