VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Ancient History: When Miss Teen USA began, the concept was "The Triple Crown Of Beauty." Upon turning 18, Miss Teen USA (who may or may not have been 18 when she was Miss Teen USA) automatically was entered into Miss USA. Allison Brown actually came very close to making the top 12. Kelly Hu, who was 15, turned down the chance to compete at 18, because she wanted to mature & come back up through the state system later. The pageant then did away with the concept of Miss Teen USA competing at Miss USA. What I think should happen, should be that the winner of Miss Teen USA receives a "golden ticket" to compete once at Miss USA in the YEAR OF HER CHOICE until she ages out. Some years, maybe no Teen would compete, some years two or three may opt to compete. She could wait until her very last year if she wished. I'd LOVE to see this happen.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03:03:23 03/30/18 Fri
In reply to: Zero-Defect 's message, "MISS TEEN USA to automatically qualify to the Top 12 at Miss USA 2018" on 02:14:38 03/22/18 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: On a side note, I know we often say we don't think 18 year old can be competative alongside girls in their 20s, yet, just today I was watching some old Miss World shows from the 1970s and back then there were quite a few 17 year olds and even a few 16 year-olds (who made the finals I might add) against women in their 20s. It's mostly a matter of presentation.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:40:21 04/01/18 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.