VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]
Subject: Should Miss Universe bring back the Opening Dance Numbers?

Author:
HCF
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:59:21 04/10/18 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue April 10, 2018 22:57:12   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I wasn't able to watch the video because of a copyright notice. But I say heck yes! In fact, I think they should go back to the days when they had a special song written for the opening number. Watch the opening from 1977 ("Republica Do-min-icanaaaaaaaaaa..."). There were folks running down the aisles, guys dressed as gladiators, children with maracas, a marching band... now that's an opening number.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:22:53 04/10/18 Tue

I wasn't able to watch the video because of a copyright notice. But I say heck yes! In fact, I think they should go back to the days when they had a special song written for the opening number. Watch the opening from 1977 ("Republica Do-min-icanaaaaaaaaaa..."). There were folks running down the aisles, guys dressed as gladiators, children with maracas, a marching band... now that's an opening number.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Absolutely! The start of a show should grab the audience and want them to continue watching. Lately itís been lame videos of girls crying and close up shots or stupid Steve Harvey references (which is so old by now) I loved the excitement and spirit of the opening numbers.

Author:
Glitter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:19 04/10/18 Tue

[> Subject: Yes, Yes, YES!!! I think the opening number really sets the mood and pace for the entire production and competition. It is a great way of kicking off introductions and the show, in general. Furthermore, it has to be about the delegates! Incorporating dancers, singers or circus acts that somehow become the primary focus does not count!

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:48:42 04/11/18 Wed

[> Subject: Love seeing Gal Gadot working it at .29. Thailand was so definitely robbed in 2005 (they chose Chelsea Cooley over her?!?!?). I doubt we will ever see stages like Ecuador (2004) and Thailand (2005) soon again. Those were beautiful stage set-ups. Side note: I didn't realize how the dresses the contestants wore in 2006 at Miss Universe were so matronly.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:09:08 04/14/18 Sat

Last edited by author: Sat April 14, 2018 22:10:24   Edited 1 time.

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.