VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Sad to see this board so dead

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:14:04 05/22/18 Tue

I really miss the way this board used to be. I miss coming here after the pageants and seeing lots of comments and reviews about them. I was hoping since this board became registered handles only we would see more of that again. It is just sad to see how this board has went downhill the past couple years.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I know what you mean. This should be a big day on this board with everyone comparing notes about the pageant last night. I miss those days! I know most folks have migrated to the Facebook page, but I hate Facebook. I want to chat here!!

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:35:13 05/22/18 Tue

I know what you mean. This should be a big day on this board with everyone comparing notes about the pageant last night. I miss those days! I know most folks have migrated to the Facebook page, but I hate Facebook. I want to chat here!!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Perhaps we should stop referring to it as dead and start think about it as recovering from a serious, but not terminal illness.

Author:
SoSayI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:23:08 05/22/18 Tue

[> Subject: Itís a little depressing to see little traffic on this board. However, like Miss USA and Miss America which both had low moments in their illustrious life, I think this board will recover and return to its celebrated and glorious state. Pageant fans have a lot to say and I think they will return to this board.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:23:17 05/23/18 Wed

[> [> Subject: Please allow registered users posting pictures and videos, otherwise whats the point to have them here. And no, pageant fans (non-registered users) cannot return to this board for obvious reasons. The board owners decided to go easiest way with no moderation for months just cut off everyone and allow posting images to selected individuals.

Author:
Tommy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:27:57 05/23/18 Wed

[> Subject: I believe we can keep this board going! I completely agree w/registered users only in order to prevent trolling. Iíd love for the unregistered users from before to pick a handle name so EVERYONE takes ownership of how they comment.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:41:56 05/23/18 Wed

[> [> Subject: I agree those trolls were out of control. Now it's a select few that comment, and it's more civil.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:52 05/23/18 Wed

[> Subject: I hadn't been on the boards in a long time and I came to this board...i could hear the crickets chirping....I guess for me when IMG took over the pageants changed a bit. Personally I don't like the girls with "stories". Yes, I want to see some articulate, intelligent women up there on the stage. But for me Beauty should be the priority. It seems as though Miss USA has become more "Miss America-y"..

Author:
SparkyP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:12 05/26/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: I also don't like the emphasis on stories and "achievement," but it seems like this last pageant was a bit of a return to the old days. It felt like beauty counted more than in 2016 or 2017. I hope it continues to go in this direction.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:47:03 05/26/18 Sat

I also don't like the emphasis on stories and "achievement," but it seems like this last pageant was a bit of a return to the old days. It felt like beauty counted more than in 2016 or 2017. I hope it continues to go in this direction.

[> [> [> Subject: I agree on that point Doot! I must admit this years top 15 had a lot of beauties! I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe IMG is going back to the "formula" that made us fans love Miss USA!

Author:
SparkyP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:52:06 06/02/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: I feel the pageant made the swing back to being a beauty pageant this year, and I hope it continues that way, as it certainly SHOULD to highlight it's difference from the Miss America Competition.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:37:54 06/12/18 Tue

[> Subject: I'm honestly now used to the FB page.

Author:
MadeYaLook
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:22:40 05/26/18 Sat

[> Subject: I am finally have a registered handle:)

Author:
chexmex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:08:29 06/09/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: forget the am.

Author:
chexmex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:09:14 06/09/18 Sat

[> [> Subject: Congrats! I remember you from the "old days" LOL

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:02 06/09/18 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: Yes, thanks brother!

Author:
chexmex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:16:09 06/11/18 Mon

[> Subject: I will likely be posting here a bit more. The Facebook page is awesome, but there is almost too much activity sometimes. In fact, I turned down the number of notifications so that I donít get them for every post. I guess Iíd like something in between...

Author:
djm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:59:48 06/10/18 Sun

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.