VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: More Miss USA 2018 thoughts

Author:
Lace
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03:44:24 05/27/18 Sun

I like the opening with old home home videos of the girls, and then boom! straight to the intros.

SC appears in a lot of pre recorded segments, so I think MUO were plugging her to be in the Top 15 at least.

Carson and Lu are alright with their color commentary. I get that they have their favorite delegates but oh, let the other one finish talking before interjecting.

I like the hosts, and I don't mind them returning next year. I trust they are done plugging Vanessa as a former Miss Teen USA.

I like the stage setup and graphics, especially during 98 Degrees' performance. Not as grand as what we've seen previously but different enough.

I like Sherri Hill's dresses. But they're expensive after converting to Malaysian ringgit.

Is Kara's name pronounced Kiara or Kyra?

I like Maine's muscles. I love her gown, specially from the back view. Her walk is weird though.

I honestly never would have thought NE would win because my fav girls rarely win. I absolutely love her quiet spunkiness and her overall coolness that makes you feel you could be her friend. That high 5 at the end with the singer sold me - she was a far cry from the usual Lu-esque titleholder. She can be an elegant and sophisticated and a cool and good sport Miss USA. I like her straight hair too, I thought she stood out amongst the sea of curled permed hair.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Great review and seems like how most people feel. BTW - Kara is prounounced Kyra.

Author:
Qban
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:00:02 05/28/18 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Carson and Lu REALLY went in on Nebraska from the color of the dress, to the way she held her gown. And look at that...winner. I thought she was perfect, but I'm curious as to where this iconic yellow gown is. Was it just an idea she was pondering but opted for black, or did she actually have a 2nd dress that was identical, but in yellow ready to go? I'd also prefer some consistency in the opening number gowns. It was too much of a hodge podge of styles. All short or all long would be better in my opinion. I also loved NC's gown, but it would have really tossed it over the top with a train either in that same material in that orange or even that turquoise in her earrings to give off a color block feel. :)

Author:
Broccoli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:33 05/28/18 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon May 28, 2018 15:41:20   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: I like the fact that Carson and Lu gave actual opinions and not just empty blather like Jeannie Mai, but I was also thrilled that Nebraska won despite the fact that they obviously didn't think much of her. Lu especially seems to favor a certain kind of "fiercenes," and I'm glad the judges (excuse me, selection committee, LOL) were looking for other qualities.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:26:49 05/29/18 Tue

I like the fact that Carson and Lu gave actual opinions and not just empty blather like Jeannie Mai, but I was also thrilled that Nebraska won despite the fact that they obviously didn't think much of her. Lu especially seems to favor a certain kind of "fiercenes," and I'm glad the judges (excuse me, selection committee, LOL) were looking for other qualities.

[> [> [> Subject: I now wonder if SC did make the cut, I wouldn't be able to choose between her and NE. Blessing in disguise I think?

Author:
Lace
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:42:28 05/29/18 Tue

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.