VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: I would have been accepting if the swimsuit portion was replaced with another segment that is dedicated towards fitness and lifestyle; I personally welcome a fitness/exercise routine similar to MAOT or Distinguished Young Women. This would display how committed a contestant is towards maintaining a healthy lifestyle – a gradual as oppose to a drastic change. However, to replace it with possibly another speaking segment is absurd. And who knows what is going to replace the evening gown portion. The idea of hearing contestants spew more canned responses bores me. I don’t think this gimmick will last very long and will go the same way as the Miss America quiz – which was a disaster.

Author:
MLB
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:04:12 06/05/18 Tue
In reply to: greyfelino 's message, "Miss America pageant scrapping swimsuits" on 09:52:52 06/05/18 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Hoping this format change will be a FAILURE for the Miss America Organization.

Author:
SparkyP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:44:12 06/05/18 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I feel the same way. I hate to wish for a pageant to fail, but MAO has been taking itself way too seriously for at least 30 years now. This is the last straw in taking all the *fun* out of pageants. I blow my nose in Gretchen Carlson's hair.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:50:14 06/05/18 Tue

I feel the same way. I hate to wish for a pageant to fail, but MAO has been taking itself way too seriously for at least 30 years now. This is the last straw in taking all the *fun* out of pageants. I blow my nose in Gretchen Carlson's hair.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.