VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Preliminary Competition

Author:
MLB
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:51:34 07/10/18 Tue

It has been slow on this board, so Iíll propose this fun question. In the Miss America program, the contestants are divided into three separate groups and compete in a different category each of the three nights of competition. What do you think if MUO was to divide the contestants into two separate groups (or three in the case of Miss Universe) and presents preliminary awards in swimsuit and evening gown each evening. Would this approach be something you would be in favor or oppose to?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: That would be a nice way to shake things up! I am also surprised that they didn't give out a Photogenic award this year at USA. If they did the 3 groups, then the winners of each group could go for an online vote, with the general public ultimately deciding Photogenic.

Author:
wanderlustwoman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:54:23 07/10/18 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: I love this idea! I miss the awards that used to be given out two, three + decades ago (best state costume, swimsuit, photogenic, Clairolís style award, I believe @ one point there was a Rembrandt smile award, and @ 1993 MTUSA, Iím pretty sure Kelly Lloyd won prettiest eyes. So yeah, Iíd LOVE to see awards given out @ all three competitions!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:21:52 07/13/18 Fri

[> Subject: I would be good with this, but if they went this route I would want them to explain a bit more about the judging/scoring. Over the past decade this has been getting murkier and murkier. I wish they would be transparent about who judges what, how much MUO/IMG is involved, how much the audience vote counts, etc. Otherwise, none of it ever seems completely legit.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:01:24 07/13/18 Fri

I would be good with this, but if they went this route I would want them to explain a bit more about the judging/scoring. Over the past decade this has been getting murkier and murkier. I wish they would be transparent about who judges what, how much MUO/IMG is involved, how much the audience vote counts, etc. Otherwise, none of it ever seems completely legit.

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.