VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Memorable hair

Author:
Doot
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:58:16 07/30/18 Mon

What pageant hairstyles do you especially remember, good or bad? Here are some of mine.

- Miss Zaire, at Miss Universe 1985 ("Olympic Rings") Normally I am not a fan of unusual, one-of-a-kind hairstyles, but for some reason I really liked this. Certainly the most memorable hairdo at MU that I can think of.

- Miss Delaware, Renee Bull, at Miss USA 2015 ("Epcot Center Bun") Another hairstyle that I usually don't like, but I thought it looked great on her.

- Miss Russia, Oxana Fedorova, at Miss Universe 2002 ("Morticia Addams") I don't get this at all. I know everyone loves Oxana, but I couldn't even get past her hair. I think straight hair can look great (e.g., Shandi at MUSA and MU 2004) but the completely flat, limp look just never works for me.

- Susie Castillo at Miss USA 2003 ("Megacurls"). I loved the curls. To me, she was just a breath of fresh air.

- Kasi Fennell, Miss Jamaica, at Miss Universe 2014 ("Pixie Cut") This is one case where short hair looked so perfect. I thought, why would anyone ever do anything else? LOL.

Which hairstyles stand out in your memory?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Speaking of pixie cuts, Sydney Robertson, Miss PA TUSA from a few years ago. Just beautiful! She's one former who I'd LOVE to see return.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:12 07/30/18 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Switzerland Dominique Rinderknecht

Author:
chexmex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:48:23 07/31/18 Tue

Switzerland 2013 Dominique Rinderknecht's short hairdo was a hot mess.

[> [> Subject: It was short and a hot mess IMO.

Author:
chexmex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:49:04 07/31/18 Tue

[> [> Subject: I really liked Dominique especially during her national crowning. Her short hair was unique and refreshing. But at Universe either she or the Chi hairstylist shaved the sides of her head and it no longer looked fresh but rather harsh. I might add that I also loved her white gown she wore while winning the national title rather than the black mess she wore at Universe.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:05:05 08/07/18 Tue

[> Subject: Two hairstyles have captured my attention for life. The first, you already mentioned in your opening. Benita Mureka Tete of Zaire was nothing less than absolutely elegant. The second had no hair at all. Flaviana Matata's bald head was stunning.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:01:47 07/31/18 Tue

[> Subject: Miss Jamaica 2018, Davina Bennett. Her whole look was amazing! Reminded me of how Deshauna Barber wore her natural hair during her final walk to honor her mom.

Author:
wanderlustwoman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:03:26 07/31/18 Tue

[> Subject: One that comes to mind that hasn't been mentioned is Lisa Parnpichate's (New Hampshire) really long hair at Miss USA 1990

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:36 08/12/18 Sun

[> [> Subject: Oh, wow! I didn't remember that at all. I just watched the intros for that year on YouTube. Her hair was down to her knees!

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:03:01 08/12/18 Sun

Oh, wow! I didn't remember that at all. I just watched the intros for that year on YouTube. Her hair was down to her knees!

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.