VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: RIP Chelsi Smith, Miss Universe 1995

Author:
wanderlustwoman
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:06:54 09/08/18 Sat

Chelsi Smith, Miss Universe 1995, has passed away at age 45 reportedly of liver cancer.

A touching message from sister queen Shanna Moakler
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnerE0nFLCj/

Last edited by author: Sat September 08, 2018 17:07:36   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: This is so unbelievable. What a terrible loss for the pageant commnity. She will remain as one of the most well-loved and popular Miss USA & Miss Universe winners of all time. Her poor family. Completely heartbreaking.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:28:30 09/08/18 Sat

Last edited by author: Sat September 08, 2018 17:30:36   Edited 2 times.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> Subject: What a shock. I didn't realize she was sick. I remember when I saw her for the first time at Miss USA I said "She is going to win Miss Universe." It's rare for someone to stand out as much as she did. What a loss to the entire pageant world.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:41:08 09/08/18 Sat

What a shock. I didn't realize she was sick. I remember when I saw her for the first time at Miss USA I said "She is going to win Miss Universe." It's rare for someone to stand out as much as she did. What a loss to the entire pageant world.

[> Subject: 2018 we have lost so many great ones from Aretha Franklin, Burt Reynolds, and now Chelsi Smith.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:58:12 09/09/18 Sun

[> Subject: This is truly sad and upsetting news. Watching the MUO pageants won't be the same knowing she's not here any longer. May she Rest In Paradise with a halo for a crown.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:58:47 09/09/18 Sun

[> Subject: One of the special things about Chelsi that I had forgotten is that she was Miss Congeniality in addition to Miss USA. (She also won that award at Miss Texas, I think.) It is a really rare combination and it says a lot about how much she was liked.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:09 09/09/18 Sun

One of the special things about Chelsi that I had forgotten is that she was Miss Congeniality in addition to Miss USA. (She also won that award at Miss Texas, I think.) It is a really rare combination and it says a lot about how much she was liked.

[> Subject: I had many thoughts on this sad event when it happened. I remember the 1995 Miss Universe pageant was the first time I really watched the pageant and actually watched it start to finish, I was invested. The opening and parade of nations was fabulous and the contestant quality was top notch. Once the Philippines was eliminated, agonizing close to placing, I was all for Canada and USA, but really that top 10 was gorgeous, each and every one. Anyway, seeing Chelsi perform so brilliantly was so much fun, my only nitpick was I wish she had worn a gown with more oomph, it was a nice red gown, but a step down from what she won USA with I think.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:54:30 11/08/18 Thu

[> [> Subject: Chelsi's victory was great, I really enjoyed her crowning moment, all 3 of Chelsi's crowning moments are available on YouTube, check them out again, they are so sweet and Sushmita (Miss Universe 1994) is present at all 3 crowning as well, that is so cool! I know Chelsi struggled with some things in life and the career didn't exactly pan out as she thought, but she will always be remembered to her family, friends and pageant fans, gone way too soon.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:54:54 11/08/18 Thu

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.