VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Miss Ukraine disqualified for being a mum

Author:
Tommy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:58:13 10/10/18 Wed

Veronika Didusenko was crowned Miss Ukraine 2018 but had her title taken away when organisers found out she was a mum.

She tells Newsbeat that the rules need to change.

Source and Video:
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/newsbeat-45803562/miss-ukraine-disqualified-for-being-a-mum

~

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: She knew what the rules were when she applied. Just because she was caught , I assume, lying on her application, now she says the rules should change. IDK, maybe in the Ukraine there's a Ms. competition (as there is in the US) that she could enter. Don't get me wrong, I loved her & she easily could've made the cut, but at the end of the day, rules are rules.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:32:49 10/11/18 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu October 11, 2018 09:38:43   Edited 2 times.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> [> Subject: I agree 100%. But it does raise the question of why women need to be single to compete anymore. That rule, and the one about never having been pregnant, are holdovers from a different era. (Of course, you could say pageants are a holdover from a different era, LOL.) Just an interesting thing to think about in the context of how pageants can survive into the future.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:02:30 10/12/18 Fri

I agree 100%. But it does raise the question of why women need to be single to compete anymore. That rule, and the one about never having been pregnant, are holdovers from a different era. (Of course, you could say pageants are a holdover from a different era, LOL.) Just an interesting thing to think about in the context of how pageants can survive into the future.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires a VoyUser account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.