VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Yipes, it was actually Miss USA who started the whole controversy, which surprised me. (You can find the video on YouTube.) However, her comments about Miss Cambodia were meant to be sympathetic to her; i.e., it must be so difficult to be in a situation where you are the only person who speaks your language. I don't think she meant to be catty at all, but her tone may have come off that way. I would have expected Sarah to say it in a better way. In any case, it seems like it's all been patched up between them.

Author:
Doot
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:50:04 12/12/18 Wed
In reply to: WilliamNYC 's message, "Miss Cambodia misunderstanding" on 08:21:12 12/12/18 Wed

Yipes, it was actually Miss USA who started the whole controversy, which surprised me. (You can find the video on YouTube.) However, her comments about Miss Cambodia were meant to be sympathetic to her; i.e., it must be so difficult to be in a situation where you are the only person who speaks your language. I don't think she meant to be catty at all, but her tone may have come off that way. I would have expected Sarah to say it in a better way. In any case, it seems like it's all been patched up between them.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Doot, do you think this controversy actually helps Miss Cambodia in the end? Will she get one of those coveted top 20 slots?

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:04:39 12/12/18 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: It's hard to say. She might have gotten one of the spots anyway, since she is very beautiful. I guess the same question applies to Spain. I'm just not sure how much controversy counts these days. It seems like MUO/IMG will do anything to get viewers to stay tuned. I don't think too many people know about the Miss Cambodia thing (except die hard fans) but lots of people have probably heard about Miss Spain. What do you think?

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:15:54 12/12/18 Wed

It's hard to say. She might have gotten one of the spots anyway, since she is very beautiful. I guess the same question applies to Spain. I'm just not sure how much controversy counts these days. It seems like MUO/IMG will do anything to get viewers to stay tuned. I don't think too many people know about the Miss Cambodia thing (except die hard fans) but lots of people have probably heard about Miss Spain. What do you think?

[> [> [> [> Subject: I think Cambodia makes top twenty for two reasons, her outstanding beauty and perhaps the sympathy factor.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:06:12 12/12/18 Wed

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.