VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Not new to MUA, newish to the board. I think it has less to do with the board, more to do with the changes in MUA. It has become more like Miss America where they want some statement to be the focus of the event, not the beauty of the girls themselves

Author:
stage_right
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:45:15 12/23/18 Sun
In reply to: pageantpearl 's message, "I have visited this board numerous times this week. I've noticed it has become the DEAD ZONE, with no other imput what-so-ever. Perhaps instilling the rule that everyone must be registered has led to the slow, but steady demise of this board. Maybe rethinking the choice of registration vs. non-registration needs to be revisited. I realize that changing it back may lead to numerous posts made by neanderthals...however that's what good and steady monitoring can eliminate. Your thoughts?" on 15:32:27 12/23/18 Sun

It takes females & female empowerment back to non existant. They have tried to make this statement somehow that physical beauty shouldn't be appreciated compared to other qualities a female might have. It began with removing the swimsuit portion of Teen. What is wrong with a teenager having pride in herself that comes with a healthy diet and physical fitness. That a teen girl should somehow have to cover herself up or wear something labeled fitness wear because its not right for them to be in a swimsuit? What type of world are we in now that makes a teen in a swimsuit something degrading or shameful because thats the signal this sent. In the day where male athletes of every age are revered for showing a 6 pack or posing in front of their mirror at the gym? These changes of trying to make some statement does nothing but alienate those of us who believe that women CAN be beautiful, smart and successful and not have to put on some type of show to make it okay to have pride in it. Miss America failed miserably with this same type of propaganda. These girls do wonderful things with their titles, they dont have to shove it down viewers throats in an attempt to get approval from people who dislike pageantry anyway. Teen USA isn't even televised on actual TV networks. Take it back to an event where people gather around the TVs cheering for their state representative like it used to be and the interest will come back everywhere else.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: I thought that too, until I saw the Top 20. All the gorgeous girls rose to the top. They may be chatting more on stage, but in the end it's still a BEAUTY PAGEANT with beautiful women competing.

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:08:06 12/23/18 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I disagree, that Miss Universe is trying to be Miss America. I actually appreciated hearing more from the international contestants, I like hearing the different accents and variations in the way they express themselves and carry themselves. The only issue I really had was Steve Harvey hosting, too many awkward moments and jokes. Why not get some formers be the hosts? I think Miss Universe tweaks their competition yearly, especially recently because it has too, but really at the end it knows it's still a "beauty pageant", Miss America doesn't want to be considered a beauty pageant.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:27:33 12/23/18 Sun

[> [> Subject: I personally never had an issue with Miss Teen USA and swimsuit, I don't mind active wear because from my understanding some teens really liked this change. When I look back at past swimsuit competitions of Teen USA on YouTube and scroll down the comments they can be pretty vulgar and these are comments about girls who were between 15-19 years of age. I've always assumed Teen USA would go back to doing swimsuits one day and I still think Miss America will go back to swimsuits one day too when current heads are dismissed that is.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:35:49 12/23/18 Sun

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.