VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Afirmative action was all about putting merit aside to allow others of different races to have a better chance. When we start playing that game good people with better qualifications fall to the wayside. It's quite simple really. It's not rocket science. By the way I've had my own business for over 25 years. I never had to be personally concerned with Affirmative Action. That said I hated seeing more qualified individuals passed over just because of their nationality/race. I believe you earn your stripes with qualifications and talent and nothing else, be it pageantry or life.

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:00:56 12/26/18 Wed
In reply to: SeminoleNation 's message, "Suggestion #1 reminds me of the message board of old. Regional selections are hardly about Affirmative Action. I believe that many former Miss USA's should not have received the call on final night (speaking of Affirmative Action or quotas). I tired of seeing the same sashes compete for the crown on final night. Prior to the current owners, picking my Top 10 to get the call on final night was a breeze. I was statistically assured to get at least 30% correct just for including USA, Venezuela and India (while I would argue that Venezuela was mostly deserving of its spots, the inclusion of a few Indian delegates like Neha Dhupia made me cringe). I won't even get into the list of underserving Miss USA's. By the way, your post discharges vibes that indicate you MAY blame your personal failures in life on Affirmative Action and quotas, instead of where blame solely belongs. There is nothing sadder than someone failing to accept personal responsibility for their actions or lack thereof." on 08:58:08 12/26/18 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed December 26, 2018 14:10:33   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: I can't help but wonder that they went to the regional format because most of Europe threatened to pull out if they didn't get any placements in the semi-finals.

Author:
robbinsgh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:45:28 12/26/18 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: France won 2 years ago. Get more of an international panel. As long as the panel of judges is always representative of all continents nobody should complain. Then again it's a pageant, so everyone complains all the damn time.

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:33 12/26/18 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes, I remember the 70s and 80s when there were 7 to 10 judges and every continent was represented.

Author:
robbinsgh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:25 12/26/18 Wed

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.