VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Bob Barker: Nobody better before or since.

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:58:36 01/05/19 Sat
In reply to: Doot 's message, "Eras of Miss USA" on 17:58:49 01/03/19 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Bob Barker was the exact opposite of Steve Harvey. When Bob interviewed the contestants it was all about them, and he tried to make them look good (rather than talk about himself). Also, he took his duties very seriously. I love how he used to say "I shall now announce the name of the fourth runner up. The fourth runner up is..."

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:59 01/06/19 Sun

Bob Barker was the exact opposite of Steve Harvey. When Bob interviewed the contestants it was all about them, and he tried to make them look good (rather than talk about himself). Also, he took his duties very seriously. I love how he used to say "I shall now announce the name of the fourth runner up. The fourth runner up is..."

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Seriously. I have no idea why people like Steve Harvey. He is such a self-centred creep. I reached 100% disgust when he insisted Miss Myanmar name people in her life who are just as much dead weight on her back compared to the weight of her costume. WTF??! I seriously wanted him to lose his voice that night and be forced to give the mic to anyone else. I am no fan of the annoying trio on the side but I would have much rather had them continue than to listen to that annoying man for one more second. And he is so uncool. Barf.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:40:34 01/06/19 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: *miss laos. missed you, el <3

Author:
dink
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:16:33 01/07/19 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Thanks! Missed you too. Will be around more.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:14:34 01/10/19 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Oy don't get me started on how cringe worthy Steve was during Miss Universe 2018. All the jokes her tried to make were horrible and made the contestants appear blank at times, at least Bob Barker, Dick Clark and Bob Goen were able to help the contestants at times. I believe it was Venezuela in 2018 was kind of looking at Steve for a little help with a word, but Steve was just standing their holding the mic and staring, thank goodness Miss Venezuela was able to find the word she wanted or scrape by.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:05:41 01/07/19 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: And remember, they have made it easier for the hosts over the years. Back in Bob Barker's day, the host had to say the contestants' names, which could be quite a challenge! Nowadays, the most difficult thing the host might have to say is Kyrgyzstan (although Steve Harvey was spared that, thank god). I hope they get somebody new next year.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:49:02 01/07/19 Mon

And remember, they have made it easier for the hosts over the years. Back in Bob Barker's day, the host had to say the contestants' names, which could be quite a challenge! Nowadays, the most difficult thing the host might have to say is Kyrgyzstan (although Steve Harvey was spared that, thank god). I hope they get somebody new next year.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: When he botched the ad lib on Australia’s already bad joke of being a pessimist. Oi.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:24:46 01/10/19 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: I can't get past Steve Harvey's oversized fake teeth. He's an attractive man, but yikes, those teeth.

Author:
CTtoCA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:39 01/11/19 Fri

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.