VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums:

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Crowning at Miss Universe 2014

Author:
Doot
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:25:35 01/19/19 Sat

I thought it might be fun to deconstruct this crowning moment. Please add you own comments or do the same for a different year!

0:03 Yoinks, it seems even weirder to see this man in the audience now.

0:38 I do not miss Jeannie Mai and her mindless clapfart "commentary." I'm so glad they have replaced her.

1:00 You can hear the boos when Jamaica was called as 4th runner up. I was surprised too. At this point I was expecting her to finish at least in the top two.

1:10 Netherlands and USA seem to have a bit of a moment about whether or not to hold hands. I felt bad for Nia in that awkward instant.

1:29 I was surprised Netherlands went that far. Also, notice that she did not want to take those flowers, LOL.

2:25 The way the light was shining on Colombia's dress, I thought for sure we were going to see her chimichanga.

2:47 Colombia wins. Although she was probably the favorite before the pageant (I remember that I predicted she would win), this felt like a disappointment because the way the pageant had gone up till then it seemed like they were going to reward a different kind of beauty, like Jamaica. Oh well...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I loved Jamaica that year, but not as much as I loved Davina Bennett in 2016 (?). I think Davina is one of the most beautiful faces EVER. Anyway, back to 2014, I liked Netherlands because I tend to fall in love with the surprise top 5ers like the Paraguays from before, Ecuador in 2013, and Vietnam last year. Paulina’s dress was the bomb and the camera work creating that silhouette when it circled the top two was to die for.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:18:22 01/22/19 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue January 22, 2019 21:20:18   Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> Subject: The situation between USA and the Netherlands was that Nia was telling Netherlands to move closer to Ukrainia now that Jamaica was eliminated, Netherlands didn't seem to understand at first, have to scrunch together after each runners-up are announced.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:48 01/22/19 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue January 22, 2019 21:47:20   Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
If you want to sign up, please use this form to request
your free code which you can use to sign up for an account.

Existing accounts: [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.