VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: In my opinion MUO should make it a requirement that you MUST reside for a lengthy amount of time or go to school in the state you win in. How can you really represent a state if you cannot make appearances in that state? I think this is going to open up a huge can of worms for MUO.

Author:
KrownKrazy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:00:21 01/29/19 Tue
In reply to: Basketball_Fan 's message, "Miss Utah USA 2019 Top 3 were all from other states: Amanda Giroux from Ohio who was a semifinalist at Miss Ohio USA 2017 and is a 2018 graduate of Ohio University, Kate Pekuri was Miss Idaho Teen USA 2016 but she is a student at University of Utah as per her Instagram, Libby Hill was a semifinalist at Miss Texas USA 2019 which was held in September. Nothing in the Instagrams of Amanda and Libby connect them to Utah. Kaylin Slevin was 1st RU at California Teen USA 2018 and semifinalist at California Teen USA 2017; she has an acting/modelling career going so I'm not sure of her connection to Utah." on 14:35:11 01/27/19 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: What I think it does is rewards a state title based on money or personal ties. Most girls who compete in MUO don't have unlimited resources to compete over and over again. There have been certain states in the past that were called out on bringing in contestants from other states and creating paper trails. In my opinion, while this might be the new rule, it validates the bad behavior from the past. It turns MUO into a more expensive mail in pageant system. Nobody will take a pageant seriously that a contestant can buy a title in.

Author:
stage_right
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:45:35 01/29/19 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: So doesn't that make a titleholder a sort of "liar"? What kind of example is this to other girls, contestants, women? I thought IMG was about empowerment? How does cheating at a pageant empower a woman?

Author:
KrownKrazy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:14 01/29/19 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.