VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: This is TEEN USA, even though you say this is about "natural beauty" this system should be about the WHOLE package especially beauty. In my opinion, IMG got the national Teen WRONG this past year. Their current titleholder is a big disappointment in many ways. The last thing any of these girls in high school want to see is a national role model looking like she just doesn't care about her looks (no make-up, not dressed nicely, etc.). You are representing the Teen girls of this nation and like it or not, Teen girls LOVE make-up, looking nice, beautiful hair, nice skin, etc. and thinking that their Teen USA is GORGEOUS not average. If you want plain, maybe you should watch or be a part of the MAOT system. They are known for not having pretty girls compete and win.

Author:
KrownKrazy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:07:26 04/03/19 Wed
In reply to: stage_right 's message, "Actually, too many of them look much older than they should. Nevada wasn't one of the ones I had in mind to be honest. Not sure why you brought her up. These girls are under 21 and have perfect skin, there is no reason to have some of the extreme retouching they have in their photos. You can't send a message that Miss Teen USA is confidently beautiful, then send another message that you need a bunch of makeup and retouching to look beautiful in your photos. To empower todays teens, we need to lead them away from thinking that they need to cover up what they have or change it to be accepted. If we are trying to send a positive message to these girls about being okay with their natural beauty, and remove the swimwear portion of the pageant, we need to carry that through the whole competition. I'm sorry if you don't think some of those girls look too overdone or older, but they do." on 19:11:53 04/02/19 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I can only hope that IMG (who I think is going through an identity crisis) goes back to the what this pageant should be about. BEAUTY. As far as extreme retouching in the photos, yes, there are several girls who look NOTHING like their headshots, but leave that to the judges when they see these girls in person and see that the headshot was a bit of "smoke and mirrors" and that will be for them to judge but to think these girls should be so "natural" in their headshots - that is laughable. This is a pageant. What is wrong with a teen being confidently beautiful with make-up on? I just don't get what exactly it is you are trying to say. Maybe a better way to put it is that in the Teen headshots, the poses should not be "sultry" and more "teen" that would be my only critique. Otherwise, these teens are amazing.

Author:
KrownKrazy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:08:36 04/03/19 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.