VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Last Time Making the Cut at Miss USA

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:54:47 04/23/19 Tue

2018: Nebraska, North Carolina, Nevada, Florida, South Dakota, California, Georgia, Maine, New Jersey, Tennessee, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Oregon, Texas
2017: District of Columbia, Minnesota, Illinois, South Carolina, Alaska, Missouri, New York
2016: Hawaii, Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Virginia, Arizona, Ohio, Oklahoma, West Virginia
2015: Rhode Island, Delaware, Kentucky, Louisiana
2014: North Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Pennsylvania
2013: Utah
2012: Colorado
2011: New Mexico
2010: Mississippi, Kansas, Wyoming
2009: Idaho
2004: New Hampshire, Washington
1982: Vermont
1958: Montana

Perhaps some droughts will end this year.

As of today, the states with the longest active streaks of making the cut at Miss USA are:

California - 3 years (2016-)
New Jersey, Tennessee - 2 years (2017-)

I'm pretty sure these streaks will continue so that's 3 of the top 15 right there :)

Last edited by author: Wed April 24, 2019 01:16:47   Edited 1 time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Nope, the strong states got left out last night! TN was stiff in presentation so had her out after prelims. Didnít really think CA and NJ would make it but a lot of people had NJ in and CA is a strong sash so placed both in my list. And all of them didnít make it lol. Most shocked Texas didnít. Another robbery last night. The last time I believe CA and TX missed the cut together was in 2000! And I donít recall the last time CA, TX, and TN missed the cut! Must have been a long time ago (or maybe first ever time!)

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:04:27 05/03/19 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Something odd I noticed was that no state from the last group in prelims made the top 15. Those seem to be some of the stronger states too.

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:52:08 05/04/19 Sat

Last edited by author: Sat May 04, 2019 01:55:06   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: No Texas, California, South Carolina, Tennessee in the Top 15. AFAIK it's the first time that all four did not make the cut. Usually at least one of them makes the cut. The last time all four made the cut was 2011.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:19:50 05/04/19 Sat

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.